Jimmer

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Korihor

Jimmer

Post by Korihor » Sun Jul 23, 2017 10:49 pm

http://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/2014 ... 00414728=1

He had soooo much LDS fanfare in the draft, but it seems to have stalled. It's nothing personal against jimmer. I wish him the very best and success. I just wonder if things would be different for him sans BYU or LDS influences
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

moksha

Re: Jimmer

Post by moksha » Tue Jul 25, 2017 10:41 am

After scoring 73 points in a game, it makes sense that he was named the International MVP. The skyline of Shanghai is certainly impressive. It seems sort of a hit and miss as to how high round draftees do in the NBA. Michael Jordan was the 3rd pick, Karl Malone was the 13th pick, and John Stockton was the 16th pick.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

LaMachina

Post by LaMachina » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:06 am

Stalled?? Jimmer is a friggin god in China! You know, the market that Hollywood desperately tries to woo and the LDS leadership probably salivates over? This is all part of God's plan no doubt to introduce the restore gospel to billions. ;)

Personally I think things would've worked out differently if he weren't a one dimensional black hole who could play passable defense.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:31 am

LaMachina wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:06 am
Stalled?? Jimmer is a friggin god in China! You know, the market that Hollywood desperately tries to woo and the LDS leadership probably salivates over? This is all part of God's plan no doubt to introduce the restored gospel to billions. ;)

Personally I think things would've worked out differently if he weren't a one dimensional black hole who could play passable defense.
God works in mysterious ways, like using a BYU basketball hack to bring the gospel to 1B people. Jimmer will have done more for salvation of Chinese people save Jesus. (I'm trying to bastardize that quote)
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

LaMachina

Post by LaMachina » Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:45 am

Korihor wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:31 am
God works in mysterious ways, like using a BYU basketball hack to bring the gospel to 1B people. Jimmer will have done more for salvation of Chinese people save Jesus. (I'm trying to bastardize that quote)
:lol: I love it

PalmSprings

Post by PalmSprings » Tue Aug 08, 2017 1:53 pm

Korihor wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:31 am
LaMachina wrote:
Wed Jul 26, 2017 11:06 am
Stalled?? Jimmer is a friggin god in China! You know, the market that Hollywood desperately tries to woo and the LDS leadership probably salivates over? This is all part of God's plan no doubt to introduce the restored gospel to billions. ;)

Makes you wonder if someone up the leadership chain had "a talk" similar to this with Jimmer. Telling him he needs to stay in China so the LDS church can get a foothold there.