50/50

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Korihor

50/50

Post by Korihor » Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:13 pm

Vodka and Pepsi

Where the hell has this been all my life?
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

HighMaintenance

Re: 50/50

Post by HighMaintenance » Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 pm

Ugh. No offense, but vodka doesn't go with Pepsi. Spiced rum and a twist of lime, but not vodka! :D You seriously need to spend a weekend with me & DH at Roosevelt Lake. I'll teach you how to drink! :lol:
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

Jinx

Post by Jinx » Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 am

Rum and coke is my go-to. Delish.
“This is the best part of the week!” – Homer Simpson
“It’s the longest possible time before more church!” – Lisa Simpson

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 am

HighMaintenance wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 pm
Ugh. No offense, but vodka doesn't go with Pepsi. Spiced rum and a twist of lime, but not vodka! :D You seriously need to spend a weekend with me & DH at Roosevelt Lake. I'll teach you how to drink! :lol:
Alright, time to share how much of a noob I am regarding drinks. I had pineapple flavored vodka with pepsi. It gave it a fruity flavor - I liked it.

I've had rum and coke, but honestly, I don't know my preference yet. My mix ratio was probably closer to 40% vodka and 60% Pepsi. Alcohol has me very disappointed frequently. Last night I had two glass of vodka and Pepsi, about 20 ounces total. Of that, 6-7 ounces was vodka. That was just enough to keep me mild. I never felt a noticeable buzz. For alcohol to have a significant effect, I have to be on an empty stomach or have a lot in short period of time. Frankly, In my few experiences of intentionally drinking to have a buzzed feeling, it's hard to drink a sufficient amount fast enough.

I'd love to spend a weekend with you guys at Roosevelt Lake. In fact, I'm going to tell Mrs Misbehaved to read this thread so we can make plans. We both need a drinking coach. Look for a PM.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

Enoch Witty

Post by Enoch Witty » Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 am

Alright, Korihor. You want to get drunk, and fast? Take some Jameson Irish Whiskey, fill a shot glass about 70% of the way full with it. Then take a Guinness Beer, and poor into a pint glass about 60% of the way full. Then take some Bailey's Irish Cream and top off the shot glass with it. *Quickly* drop the shot glass into the beer and chug the whole thing (it must be quick because the Irish Cream will curdle if exposed to whiskey/beer for too long).

It goes down super smooth and should do the job admirably. You've just had your first Irish Car Bomb. :lol:

NOMelgänger

Post by NOMelgänger » Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:05 pm

Enoch Witty wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:17 am
Alright, Korihor. You want to get drunk, and fast? Take some Jameson Irish Whiskey, fill a shot glass about 70% of the way full with it. Then take a Guinness Beer, and poor into a pint glass about 60% of the way full. Then take some Bailey's Irish Cream and top off the shot glass with it. *Quickly* drop the shot glass into the beer and chug the whole thing (it must be quick because the Irish Cream will curdle if exposed to whiskey/beer for too long).

It goes down super smooth and should do the job admirably. You've just had your first Irish Car Bomb. :lol:
Um, new bucket list item ↑

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Aug 18, 2017 4:51 pm

Just don't let the shot glass hit you in the teeth!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:50 pm

Korihor wrote:
Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:21 am
HighMaintenance wrote:
Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:00 pm
Alright, time to share how much of a noob I am regarding drinks. I had pineapple flavored vodka with pepsi. It gave it a fruity flavor - I liked it.

I've had rum and coke, but honestly, I don't know my preference yet. My mix ratio was probably closer to 40% vodka and 60% Pepsi. Alcohol has me very disappointed frequently. Last night I had two glass of vodka and Pepsi, about 20 ounces total. Of that, 6-7 ounces was vodka. That was just enough to keep me mild. I never felt a noticeable buzz. For alcohol to have a significant effect, I have to be on an empty stomach or have a lot in short period of time. Frankly, In my few experiences of intentionally drinking to have a buzzed feeling, it's hard to drink a sufficient amount fast enough.

I'd love to spend a weekend with you guys at Roosevelt Lake. In fact, I'm going to tell Mrs Misbehaved to read this thread so we can make plans. We both need a drinking coach. Look for a PM.
Pineapple vodka is good. I was picturing regular vodka. :D Yes, let's plan a trip. We haven't had much luck getting up there this summer due to a major issue with one of the boats, then my Dad's death and the fact that DH doesn't have an employee to cover on weekends at the moment. At least we have a really long boating season here!
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot