The secret service for the Q15

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
FiveFingerMnemonic

The secret service for the Q15

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:56 pm

In this news story, the main photo shows President Eyring shaking hands down in the Islands after the Hurricane. I found it interesting how obvious the body guard is in the photo. Sunglasses and the "shoot me vest" are plainly obvious. I wonder why they feel they need these guys with all the angels round about them. ;)

https://www.ksl.com/?sid=45820969&nid=148

SeeNoEvil

Re: The secret service for the Q15

Post by SeeNoEvil » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:22 pm

Good observation! I did not pick up on that. Maybe God and his angels are on vacation since HE forgot to stop the hurricane.
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:21 pm

Their has been security for the top brass since Nauvoo.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:39 pm

Give It Time wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:21 pm
Yes but not so overtly done in the 21st century as we are seeing now. At one of the recent pioneer day parades, President Monson was conveyed in a fully armored Audi flanked by armed security. I don't recall prior prophets being given such obvious security measures. Certainly prudent in this current time.

Some speculate the Audi A8 L security to cost in the mid six figures depending on options.

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-hgSzQUdgJco/T ... 9853-2.JPG

https://www.topspeed.com/cars/audi/2016 ... 71142.html

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:46 pm

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:39 pm
Give It Time wrote:
Sun Sep 17, 2017 7:21 pm
Yes but not so overtly done in the 21st century as we are seeing now. At one of the recent pioneer day parades, President Monson was conveyed in a fully armored Audi flanked by armed security. I don't recall prior prophets being given such obvious security measures. Certainly prudent in this current time.
I agree on all of this. When I was younger, I was participating in a scavenger hunt for a birthday party. The birthday girl told us the house where we had just knocked was a house of a member of the FP. I was a little blown away. Then she pointed out the security personnel parked in front of the house watching us.

I know that a lot of the Q15 have moved out of my old stomping grounds. Perhaps to provide better security is one of the reasons.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Sep 18, 2017 4:52 pm

I remember when President Kimball had received a death threat and they had an SLC police officer standing behind the bushes at his house on Laird Ave as well as a sharpshooter poised on the roof of J. Bracken Lee's house across the street. They don't take safety lightly.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Mon Sep 18, 2017 9:06 pm

Gotta love that picture. The guy in the yellow vest standing to the right of HBE is a member of the Presiding Bishopric. Apparently, one of his adult children and their family are no longer believing. He fully takes this to heart when interacting with them....

Nice.