drinking log - halloween edition

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Re: drinking log - halloween edition

Post by moksha » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:18 pm

Hermey wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:44 pm
This one was made by a buddy of mine. It's pretty basic.

1/2 lime
2 oz. Vodka
6 oz. Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Brew
Found an old rune tablet while searching a Viking burial mound and with the help of some Ray-Ban sunglasses I was able to make out this inscription:

Add two more ounces of the spicy ginger beer
A maraschino cherry
Dribble a bit of the maraschino juice into each cup
Serve over ice

This can be made Latter-Day Saint friendly by leaving out the vodka, but make sure you ask if anyone you might serve this beverage are from Utah County and withhold the Moscow Mule Sanctified if they are. They can't handle the spiciness of the ginger beer, plus they would worry too much that the ginger beer would keep them from their Celestial glory.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:29 pm

moksha wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 8:18 pm
Hermey wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:44 pm
This one was made by a buddy of mine. It's pretty basic.

1/2 lime
2 oz. Vodka
6 oz. Trader Joe's Triple Ginger Brew
Found an old rune tablet while searching a Viking burial mound and with the help of some Ray-Ban sunglasses I was able to make out this inscription:

Add two more ounces of the spicy ginger beer
A maraschino cherry
Dribble a bit of the maraschino juice into each cup
Serve over ice

This can be made Latter-Day Saint friendly by leaving out the vodka, but make sure you ask if anyone you might serve this beverage are from Utah County and withhold the Moscow Mule Sanctified if they are. They can't handle the spiciness of the ginger beer, plus they would worry too much that the ginger beer would keep them from their Celestial glory.
Another version of this that folks who may not like the "spiciness" of the ginger brew (beer, ale, ???) is to substitute Apple Beer. (If you like Apple Beer at all, give it a try...)

Also , Kish-Korihor-Kumen, since you mentioned something about too many calories: substitute diet cola when enjoying your "Rum & Coke".
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hermey

Post by Hermey » Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:49 pm

You all are making me thirsty again! :lol:

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:15 am

wtfluff wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 2:04 pm
Korihor wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2017 9:02 am
And I'm awake.

Don't know why I made this thread, but it was interesting
How's your head feel? :P
My head was fine, it was my tummy that was displeased. That and being dehydrated.
I dunno, hangovers haven't been a problem for me.
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Mon Nov 06, 2017 9:15 am

Still being a very light weight in this arena I must say I'm surprised at how much it took to get you drunk.

In my case, I start to feel it after one or two drinks....... never actually gone to the "drunk" stage yet.

Thanks for sharing this drinking log. It "inspires" ;) me to try a bit more to see what will happen.

So far good single malt whiskey is my drink of choice.

Hope the day after wasn't too bad.

Cheers!
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi