During The Three Hour Block, I ...

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Give It Time

During The Three Hour Block, I ...

Post by Give It Time » Tue Oct 31, 2017 8:26 pm

On NOM 1.0, a poster shared a story of guiltily sneaking away during the block to go to Wendy's and would eat their forbidden feast in the parking lot of the church. One day this, closeted parking lot feaster saw someone in another parked car doing exactly the same thing he was!

We have a fast food place, a walking trail and a convenience store near my church. I have snuck away to all three during the block at one time or another. I have run into ward members doing the same thing at the convenience store.

What are some of the ways you used to sneak away or still do during the three hour block?
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

wtfluff

Re: During The Three Hour Block, I ...

Post by wtfluff » Tue Oct 31, 2017 9:16 pm

Living in the MorCor, we've lived within walking distance of "our" chapel.

Many times I would either ditch and walk home after sacrament, or after I was done wrangling a pack of kids for Sunday School.

On a few occasions, as other ward members were also heading towards home (for reasons unknown to me) I was offered a ride. :mrgreen:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:14 am

:lol: nice!
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 am

It has varied for me depending on season. I have an infant and a wife involved in primary, so when I have to care for the baby I often have to stay in the foyer during 2nd and 3rd hour which is the perfect excuse. Prior I have done everything from drive home and watch netflix then come back for pickup, to listen to RFM podcast (thanks consiglieri) in the car in the parking lot. When I had keys for a clerk job, I even went down in the utility room and hung out in isolation a few times.

Like Wtfluff, I often spotted other ward members coming back for pickup duty.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:31 am

FiveFingerMnemonic wrote:
Wed Nov 01, 2017 7:47 am
When I had keys for a clerk job, I even went down in the utility room and hung out in isolation a few times.
YAASSS! I got the keys to the RS closet with all the RS cupboards. Life changing! I do my homework in there during 2nd hour. We don't usually go to SM. But DD likes her primary class we show up for 2nd and 3rd hour.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

crossmyheart

Post by crossmyheart » Mon Nov 06, 2017 2:07 pm

When we go- during SM I surf on Reddit or NOM, or play Words With Friends.

2nd and 3rd hour I go to Walmart and get groceries, or just walk aimlessly around the store until I have to go back.

Thread jack:
TBM DH stays and attends all 3 hours. He has a habit of nodding off during the meetings. It used to bother me to no end and I would be livid by the end of SM/SS trying to keep him awake and focused. I KNEW this was due to his lack of spirituality and it was keeping him from moving up the leadership ladder. Now that I don't care anymore, I let him fall asleep and only nudge him if he starts to snore. I have realized he is a good, hard working man being held hostage by this religion in boring monotonous meetings.