Waymo

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Linked

Waymo

Post by Linked » Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:18 pm

Any of the Phoenix area NOMs tried Waymo? Looks like they are running fully self-driving taxis around Chandler starting this week.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Corsair

Re: Waymo

Post by Corsair » Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:43 pm

Linked wrote:
Thu Nov 09, 2017 2:18 pm
Any of the Phoenix area NOMs tried Waymo? Looks like they are running fully self-driving taxis around Chandler starting this week.
I have not. On the one hand, I am very hopeful that this turns out to be a success. One of these days I would love to buy a self-driving car for my father and ultimately for myself one of these days.

However, as a network security engineer, I am deeply interested in how these cars operate in the real world from the point of view of all of the ways that computers can and will thwart themselves due to being programmed by fallible mortals.