Tapatalk for iPhone?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
shethinksdeep

Tapatalk for iPhone?

Post by shethinksdeep » Wed Jan 03, 2018 8:45 am

I was trying to find this forum on tapatalk so I could easily navigate it via my iPhone app and maybe become a little more active on here. Has anyone figured out how to locate it on the app, or is this forum simply not integrated with tapatalk as I am assuming? If not, are the mods interested in this feature? It's free for the basic features: https://tapatalk.com/start-here.php :D

oliblish

Re: Tapatalk for iPhone?

Post by oliblish » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:32 am

I used tapatalk on the old forum and found it very convenient. I would vote for setting it up if it is not too much trouble.
Stands next to Kolob, called by the Egyptians Oliblish, which is the next grand governing creation near to the celestial or the place where God resides; holding the key of power also, pertaining to other planets; as revealed from God to Abraham

CaptainSalty
Site Admin

Post by CaptainSalty » Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am

I don't browse the Misc forums very often, but I did just find the Tapatalk request. I just installed that extension so let me know how it is working. I also installed the app on my Droid so I will test it also.

Emower

Post by Emower » Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 pm

Let us know how it goes. I just got the add on my screen as I logged in.

shethinksdeep

Post by shethinksdeep » Mon Jan 15, 2018 1:54 pm

CaptainSalty wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:49 am
I don't browse the Misc forums very often, but I did just find the Tapatalk request. I just installed that extension so let me know how it is working. I also installed the app on my Droid so I will test it also.
Emower wrote:
Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:45 pm
Let us know how it goes. I just got the add on my screen as I logged in.
Thank you for being willing to add the function CaptainSalty - it will be so convenient! Like Emower mentioned... If I open up the website in Safari on my iPhone the bar up at the top of the page appears now, and it opens up the tapatalk app when clicked on, but not to the forum itself. I just tried to add it manually on the app by conducting a search for the forum, but it's still not showing up. Is anyone else trying to access it from iPhone having the same issue? I haven't had this problem with the app before, but I did just do a software update on my phone last night, so perhaps its an issue with the app itself being compatible with the update.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:06 pm

How is it supposed to work? Do you open up newordermormon.net on the browser on your phone then have tapatalk show up as an option there?

shethinksdeep

Post by shethinksdeep » Mon Jan 15, 2018 4:06 pm

Corsair wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 3:06 pm
How is it supposed to work? Do you open up newordermormon.net on the browser on your phone then have tapatalk show up as an option there?
Tapatalk is an app you download onto your device. Once set up - just by opening up the app you can see all the forums you are subscribed to (and have added) to your Tapatalk account. It makes it really convenient to access all of your forums in one place. If you open up a forum URL on your web browser on your device, and that forum is compatible with Tapatalk... at the top of the page under the URL bar you will see the Tapatalk app icon and it suggests you open it with your app. Kind of like if you are browsing and you want to watch a YouTube video that popped up in a search and it gives you the option to open the video with the YouTube app for better viewing experience. You don't have to open the app/forum that way, in fact it's probably easier just to open up the app in the first place... less steps. I hope that makes sense.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:19 pm

Captain Salty,

I think you have to register the NOM forum on the tapatalk site.
Forum owners should start from Tapatalk.com > Get Started. At the bottom of the page you can find links to download the forum system plug-in. From the download page, there will be step-by-step instructions on how to install, upgrade, and uninstall our software. After installation, you will also be guided to creating a forum owner account on Tapatalk.com and publishing your forum on the mobile app.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Jan 16, 2018 8:29 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Mon Jan 15, 2018 8:19 pm
Captain Salty,

I think you have to register the NOM forum on the tapatalk site.
Forum owners should start from Tapatalk.com > Get Started. At the bottom of the page you can find links to download the forum system plug-in. From the download page, there will be step-by-step instructions on how to install, upgrade, and uninstall our software. After installation, you will also be guided to creating a forum owner account on Tapatalk.com and publishing your forum on the mobile app.
I will look into that later today.

CaptainSalty
Site Admin

Re: Tpatalk for iPhone?

Post by CaptainSalty » Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 pm

OK, I added the NOM forum to Tapatalk. Search on the name "new order mormon" and follow it. I got it to work on my Android phone.

FiveFingerMnemonic

Post by FiveFingerMnemonic » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:44 am

CaptainSalty wrote:OK, I added the NOM forum to Tapatalk. Search on the name "new order mormon" and follow it. I got it to work on my Android phone.
It's working great for me now. Thanks very much for adding this feature. So much easier on the mobile device.

shethinksdeep

Post by shethinksdeep » Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am

CaptainSalty wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 pm
OK, I added the NOM forum to Tapatalk. Search on the name "new order mormon" and follow it. I got it to work on my Android phone.
CaptainSalty, it works!!! Thank you so much... so much easier to surf the forum on mobile devices this way! :D

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jan 18, 2018 5:48 pm

shethinksdeep wrote:
Thu Jan 18, 2018 9:56 am
CaptainSalty wrote:
Wed Jan 17, 2018 11:21 pm
CaptainSalty, it works!!! Thank you so much... so much easier to surf the forum on mobile devices this way! :D
Now we expect you to post more! 5 post per day minimum!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

shethinksdeep

Post by shethinksdeep » Fri Jan 19, 2018 12:25 pm

Red Ryder wrote: Now we expect you to post more! 5 post per day minimum!
Ay caramba - what have I gotten myself into... haha!

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 am

I guess this might be the appropriate thread to ask this question, but what is the truest handheld communication device? Have any of you gone into the woods to pray about it, and if so what is the answer?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:56 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:32 am
I guess this might be the appropriate thread to ask this question, but what is the truest handheld communication device? Have any of you gone into the woods to pray about it, and if so what is the answer?
Clearly it is "Stone in the Hat" personal Inspiration device. If you don't have one in your pocket, then you are not taking advantage of this level of revelation to keep you on task. The iPhone and Android platforms are only able to translate "known languages." Spiritual hipsters love how the one, true "Stone in the Hat (TM)" takes care of languages that are so obscure that you probably have never heard of it.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 pm

What is tapatalk? Seriously. Suppose I could Google it...
~2bizE

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:29 am

2bizE wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:07 pm
What is tapatalk? Seriously. Suppose I could Google it...
It's a app for your smart phone that provides a more integrated interface with discussion forums. It enables notifications to show up on your phone if someone replies to a comment on a forum like NOM that has given it permission. It is arguably a better interface for this forum that works within the usual smart phone interface.