The Theory of Time and Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

The Theory of Time and Trump

Post by moksha » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:48 am

LIVERMORE, CA - The Director of the Lawrence Livermore Laboratory, Dr. Tom Tomorrow, has proposed a new theory of time and Trump.

Dr. Tomorrow proposes that Trump's brain is such a dense vortex of narcissistic self-absorption, that it has literally collapsed on itself - creating a localized black hole in the fabric of our universe. The gravitational forces trying to rip us apart become more severe the closer we get to Donald Trump - which explains the chaos constantly swirling around him in the White House and - time becomes dilated in the event horizon of a black hole.

Until now, no one knew what the experience would be like from the inside, but if Dr. Tomorrow's theory is correct, we are all trapped in the event horizon of the hole in the President's brain - and time no longer has any meaning. That is why such a tremendous number of calamities seem to be happening all at once.
This is all so technical, but it seems to explain the jumble of Vladimir Putin, Russian hackers, Facebook, Cambridge Analytica, obstructing justice, the Mueller investigation, Steve Bannon, white nationalism, White House nepotism, horrendously bad cabinet appointments, and Stormy Daniels all happening in a condensed time frame.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Thoughtful

Re: The Theory of Time and Trump

Post by Thoughtful » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:10 am

Seems legit. :D

SeeNoEvil

Post by SeeNoEvil » Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:44 am

Sounds about right! I'm betting on the white horse prophesy to save us from this madness.... oh wait .... :roll:
"Every event that has taken place in this universe has led you to this moment.
... The real question is, what will you do with this moment?" - Unknown

"Never arrive @ a point where you know everything - Korihor57

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 am

Is there a political candidate in the Democrat party that is not afflicted with a black hole of narcissism that could be an appropriate challenger in 2020? I'm a bit cynical about politicians in general.

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Wed Apr 25, 2018 3:33 pm

Corsair wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 am
I'm a bit cynical about politicians in general.

This.

Mad Jax

Post by Mad Jax » Fri Apr 27, 2018 4:26 pm

Corsair wrote:
Tue Apr 24, 2018 10:14 am
Is there a political candidate in the Democrat party that is not afflicted with a black hole of narcissism that could be an appropriate challenger in 2020? I'm a bit cynical about politicians in general.
Doesn't matter. The superdelegates will ensure they stay fixed in their place as non-challengers.
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

mooseman

Post by mooseman » Thu May 10, 2018 2:29 pm

I am reminded of Douglas Adams great advice
"The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
It's frustrating to see the last resort in a discussion of facts be: I disregard those facts because of my faith. Why even talk about facts if the last resort is to put faith above all facts that are contrary to your faith?

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Fri May 11, 2018 7:22 am

mooseman wrote:
Thu May 10, 2018 2:29 pm
I am reminded of Douglas Adams great advice
"The major problem—one of the major problems, for there are several—one of the many major problems with governing people is that of whom you get to do it; or rather of who manages to get people to let them do it to them.
To summarize: it is a well-known fact that those people who must want to rule people are, ipso facto, those least suited to do it.
To summarize the summary: anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on no account be allowed to do the job.”
Robert Heinlein had similar ideas about the type of people that become president. His preference was that we should draft the best person for the job who would have to be dragged, kicking and screaming, into the oval office where they would be obligated to serve for their appointed time.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue May 22, 2018 9:38 am

I can sense that time-space vortex every time I glance at the news. It has already sucked that talked about Nobel Peace Prize into the void and now the Saudis are caught in the event horizon.

Let's hope the Nobel Peace Prize appears on the other side of the galaxy and that Trump pursues it there.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha