Posting tips

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
didyoumythme

Posting tips

Post by didyoumythme » Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:18 am

Anyone have good tips/ticks for posting on this forum?

Specifically, I am wondering how to quote a portion of someones response without bringing in the whole response then deleting manually (if that makes sense).
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease being honest, or cease being mistaken. - Anonymous

RubinHighlander

Re: Posting tips

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Jul 02, 2018 4:55 pm

didyoumythme wrote:
Sun Jul 01, 2018 8:18 am

Specifically, I am wondering how to quote a portion of someones response without bringing in the whole response then deleting manually (if that makes sense).
Other than copying a small section then having to remember the quote ID info in the brackets and manually type that in right...it's easier just to pull the whole thing in with the Quote button then delete the unwanted parts. Just have to be sure the beginning and ending quote syntax is in the right places. But then, I rarely view or post from my phone, it's almost always on a PC with the convenience of a mouse. Even with an iPhone X I'm only about 50% accurate on typing things with my big thumbs.
didyoumythme wrote:
(if that makes sense).
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Corsair

Re: Posting tips

Post by Corsair » Tue Jul 03, 2018 8:18 am

didyoumythme wrote:
A few, but I think you have figure out most of the tricks.
didyoumythme wrote:
I don't know any other way to accomplish that. The software (phpBB) does not appear to support that, but I have not read all of the documentation. I do a lot of deleting when I quote someone.