Can't believe I mowed the lawn on Sunday!

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
slk

Can't believe I mowed the lawn on Sunday!

Post by slk » Tue Aug 28, 2018 9:42 pm

For 2 weeks in a row I've cut the grass on Sunday. I have a neighbor (great guy) who's pretty tatted and with a wifebeater, he'll mow consistently every Sunday morning. I thought...you know what...I'm gonna join my neighbor and mow my own lawn. Don't know why I'm reporting this to you all but it's taking me this long to "grow some" and finally not care what the neighbors think. I even have a neighbor who once said, "for every weed you pull on Sunday, you'll have ten grow back." I think I'll have to experiment with that one and see if it's true.

crossmyheart

Re: Can't believe I mowed the lawn on Sunday!

Post by crossmyheart » Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:43 pm

Congrats!
It is such a relief to finally feel in control of your own schedule.

I love second Saturday. It makes getting chores done so much easier.

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Fri Aug 31, 2018 9:02 am

Hooray for second Saturday!

My yard is looking better and better. The best part is I can recruit my family to work in the yard for an hour Saturday, and an hour Sunday and no one feels their entire weekend was absorbed by yard work.

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Fri Aug 31, 2018 1:44 pm

I haven't been to church in a couple months and have spent my Sunday mornings deadheading the garden. It's peaceful and the flowers are blooming like crazy! Happy Sunday mowing!