TED Talk--The Surprising Science of Alpha Males

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
achilles

TED Talk--The Surprising Science of Alpha Males

Post by achilles » Sun Mar 17, 2019 8:23 am

I thought I'd share this talk. It confirms my suspicions that among chimpanzees (and probably humans, too) a bully does not an alpha make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BPsSKKL8N0s
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

Random

Re: TED Talk--The Surprising Science of Alpha Males

Post by Random » Sun Mar 17, 2019 4:47 pm

That was really interesting. I didn't realize that Alpha Chimps were so compassionate and, really, acted like a good human leader.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

deacon blues

Re: TED Talk--The Surprising Science of Alpha Males

Post by deacon blues » Sat Apr 13, 2019 5:27 pm

My first question is if Alpha males breed more than beta males will it lead to more fights on a local level and more wars on a national level? My next question is Chimpanzees campaign for leader of the pack? Fascinating. My next question is Alpha males share their mates? Wow! Shades of Joseph!
The indications of animals providing empathy is interesting. Thanks for showing Achilles. :D
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.