March Madness

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
deacon blues

March Madness

Post by deacon blues » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:19 pm

Does anyone else watch the NCAA tournament. Oh my HECK!!!! Duke and UCF. :o what a game, and it ain't over. 2 minutes to go. OH ......MY ......HECK!!!!!!!!! 1 MINUTE TO GO. :o OH MY HECK.....WHAT A GAME :o :o :o
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

2bizE

Re: March Madness

Post by 2bizE » Sun Mar 24, 2019 6:30 pm

Yes, it was a good game. Oh how I wanted duke to lose.
~2bizE

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 7:21 pm

The whole game I kept thinking "UCF is going to break your heart at the end" and THEY DID.

Between the missed alley-oop and the inability to get the rebound on that last missed FT... they had their chances to take out Duke...

Oh well - Zion will be on the Bulls next year if the universe wants to throw me a bone!

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Mar 25, 2019 10:56 am

Oregon is the lowest seed in the Sweet Sixteen, so Go Ducks!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Mar 26, 2019 9:16 am

Oregon has a good chance against Virginia. I hope they win
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

crossmyheart

Post by crossmyheart » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 am

I've got Duke to win it all in my office league. I am still in the game with some of my picks.

Not actually a fan- but go Duke! momma needs a new pair of shoes!

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:09 am

crossmyheart wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 am
I've got Duke to win it all in my office league. I am still in the game with some of my picks.

I picked Duke in the CBSsports bracketeering, but I would be delighted if Gonzaga or Oregon won.

After the tournament, sports will more or less be over (except for the NBA championship) until the college football kickoffs.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

crossmyheart

Post by crossmyheart » Fri Mar 29, 2019 7:50 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 10:09 am
crossmyheart wrote:
Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:59 am

I picked Duke in the CBSsports bracketeering, but I would be delighted if Gonzaga or Oregon won.

After the tournament, sports will more or less be over (except for the NBA championship) until the college football kickoffs.
Are you kidding? Opening day was yesterday for Baseball! And the spring preview football game is in a couple of weeks. Both good excuses to drink beer and enjoy the entertainment.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:09 am

Some good games tonight, but the Kentucky-Houston game sounds the most interesting.
-- Moksha

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sun Mar 31, 2019 4:03 pm

Duke- Michigan State is looking good. 3 minutes to go. Two great coaches, two great teams.

Duke ran out of luck. Missed the free throw he tried to make. Made the one he tried to miss.

crossmyheart

Post by crossmyheart » Mon Apr 01, 2019 9:04 am

My brackets are just about all busted. Too many points behind to catch anyone ahead of me.

Mackman

Post by Mackman » Tue Apr 02, 2019 4:17 am

Spartans should win it all now, not that I would be biased or anything living in western Michigan !!!!

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:46 am

I’m going to predict Auburn over Virginia and Michigan State over Texas Tech. But with Gonzaga and Duke gone I’m not too invested in anybody.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:00 am

Texas Tech vs Virginia
7-9:30 PM MST CBS

It might not be as exciting as a prayer-exhortation competition between BYU and Oral Roberts University, but it is live tonight.
-- Moksha