Impossible?!

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Linked

Impossible?!

Post by Linked » Wed Apr 17, 2019 3:39 pm

I tried the Impossible Burger at The Cheesecake Factory last night. I enjoyed it. The patty was good enough to be part of a good burger. It wasn't the best burger patty ever, but if I hadn't known I don't think I would have suspected it was meatless.

I think I will start eating more of them. They are pretty easy to find now, Burger King just released an Impossible Whopper. Apollo Burger has them too. The nutritional value is pretty good (14g fat, 9g carbs, 19g protein [soy mostly]; compared with 17g fat, 0g carbs, 19g protein in a Whopper patty). The environmental impact of beef production could also be reduced by my meager consumption amount.

Has anyone else tried one? What did you think?
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

moksha

Re: Impossible?!

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:30 am

Here is a very important burger story from Carl's Jr. :
Carl's Jr. has announced it will be selling a CBD-infused burger at one of its locations in Denver, on 4/20. Carl's Jr. senior vice president of marketing, Patty Trevino, explains: "We are a West Coast brand. The states out in the West Coast have been the ones to really adopt and appreciate and be open to cannabis".

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/65605/ca ... index.html
It is thought that Chick-fil-A will become the number one Utah fast food joint when it releases its new spiceless "Hetero Chicken Burger" on July 24th.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:39 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:30 am
Here is a very important burger story from Carl's Jr. :
Carl's Jr. has announced it will be selling a CBD-infused burger at one of its locations in Denver, on 4/20. Carl's Jr. senior vice president of marketing, Patty Trevino, explains: "We are a West Coast brand. The states out in the West Coast have been the ones to really adopt and appreciate and be open to cannabis".

https://www.tweaktown.com/news/65605/ca ... index.html
It is thought that Chick-fil-A will become the number one Utah fast food joint when it releases its new spiceless "Hetero Chicken Burger" on July 24th.
Ya know, the whole CBD thing is going to go crazy here soon, this is just the beginning. My wife has been using CBD for a year now for her arthritis, it is a great supplement. The big drugstore companies will have their brand of it on shelves soon. But what is the point of putting it in a burger? I mean, if you want your burger to taste twice as good, you need THC, not CBD. In fact, CBD dulls the effects of THC, so if you want to get your munchies on, you'll need an extra flat spliff of jazz cabbage to make it so.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 19, 2019 3:59 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 9:39 am
...you'll need an extra flat spliff of jazz cabbage to make it so.
I had to look it up since I had never heard the expression Jazz Cabbage before. As a more tasty alternative, I vote for the cabbage dish Kimchi as a burger topping.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Random

Post by Random » Mon May 13, 2019 6:11 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
if you want your burger to taste twice as good, you need THC, not CBD. In fact, CBD dulls the effects of THC, so if you want to get your munchies on, you'll need an extra flat spliff of jazz cabbage to make it so.
I first read the post as saying THC, so when I read yours, I can to go back and verify. Seems weird to me to add CBD oil to hamburgers.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 am

Random wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:11 pm
RubinHighlander wrote:
if you want your burger to taste twice as good, you need THC, not CBD. In fact, CBD dulls the effects of THC, so if you want to get your munchies on, you'll need an extra flat spliff of jazz cabbage to make it so.
I first read the post as saying THC, so when I read yours, I can to go back and verify. Seems weird to me to add CBD oil to hamburgers.
It wouldn't hurt anything or change the flavor to add CBD to the burger. It will definitely put you in a better mood and dull any aches and pains you might have, given that the dose is high enough. But, pretty silly marketing gimmick IMO. How about a couple of Flintstoned vitamins in your shake?
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Random

Post by Random » Sat May 25, 2019 2:56 pm

Random wrote:
Mon May 13, 2019 6:11 pm
I can to go back
"I had to go back." Oy vey [facepalm]
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

Random

Post by Random » Sat May 25, 2019 2:57 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Tue May 14, 2019 7:04 am
But, pretty silly marketing gimmick IMO. How about a couple of Flintstoned vitamins in your shake?
Exactly!

PK