Latest Netflix (Atypical, Life After)

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
A New Name

Latest Netflix (Atypical, Life After)

Post by A New Name » Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:30 am

I just finished two great shows on Netflix.

Life After. A depressingly funny show with Ricky Gervais. After Life follows Tony, whose life is upended after his wife dies from breast cancer. He contemplates suicide, but instead decides to live long enough to punish the world for his wife's death by saying and doing whatever he wants. Although he thinks of this as his "superpower", his plan is undermined when everyone around him tries to make him a better person again.

Atypical. It focuses on the life of 18-year-old Sam Gardner who is on the autism spectrum. Like the above show, Sam has no filter, and makes for some very funny moments.

Thoughtful

Re: Latest Netflix (Atypical, Life After)

Post by Thoughtful » Tue May 07, 2019 7:35 pm

A New Name wrote:
Mon Apr 29, 2019 10:30 am
I just finished two great shows on Netflix.

Life After. A depressingly funny show with Ricky Gervais. After Life follows Tony, whose life is upended after his wife dies from breast cancer. He contemplates suicide, but instead decides to live long enough to punish the world for his wife's death by saying and doing whatever he wants. Although he thinks of this as his "superpower", his plan is undermined when everyone around him tries to make him a better person again.

Atypical. It focuses on the life of 18-year-old Sam Gardner who is on the autism spectrum. Like the above show, Sam has no filter, and makes for some very funny moments.

I really enjoyed Atypical