Cobra Kai Season 2

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Mad Jax

Cobra Kai Season 2

Post by Mad Jax » Mon Apr 29, 2019 5:14 pm

Of all the things I got pumped about, this one had the best payoff. It's not as well paced as season 1, but it has more weight to it and the finale is pure mayhem. Absolutely worth the wait. Now I'm Jonesing for season 3.
Free will is a golden thread flowing through the matrix of fixed events.

achilles

Re: Cobra Kai Season 2

Post by achilles » Tue Apr 30, 2019 5:13 pm

So I actually signed up for YouTube Premium largely to be able to watch Cobra Kai (and I get a student discounted rate, too...). I watched a couple of episodes and decided I needed to watch Karate Kid again. I forgot how great a movie it was (in spite of some of the cheesiness...).

I served a mission in Japan, and found Miyagi Sensei much more interesting and touching than before (I literally hadn't seen it since the 80s). It's interesting to me how much of Miyagi's actions were driven by intense personal pain. I liked the concept of him giving so much of his time and heart to mentor a fatherless teen through his troubles.

I have a lot of episodes to watch to catch up, but I just finished finals and have a little more time.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan