What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
MoPag

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by MoPag » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:33 am

Random wrote:
Sat Apr 06, 2019 9:21 am
Just about to settle down with some coffee and NOM conference reporting. (I'm very grateful for those who start conference threads, especially since I finally have zero interest in actually tuning in to the series itself.)
I'm glad you like the NOMfrence threads!! (Hugs)

I am obsessed with these and drinking them all the time right now:
LoveLoveLove!!!!.png
LoveLoveLove!!!!.png (102.93 KiB) Viewed 128 times
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:11 pm

Oliver Winery Gewürztraminer 2017. It's my second serious attempt at trying to figure out wine after an initial ill fated run-in with a tetra-pack Cabernet from Target. Kinda interesting taking it with a tasting notes approach rather than my first, "I wonder what gone bad grape juice tastes like?" I could see how one could really get into this, you start picking out things like rose, lychee, honey, and even a perfumey incensey quality. iI's certainly more complex than just alcoholic Welch's. Of course it's make sense that would appeal to me, it's one of the things I love about whiskey the sheer novelty and variety you can find in them.

Don't think it'll be replacing whiskey as my cerebral drink any time soon but it's nice to have a back up. I bought a Shiraz at the same time so we'll see what I think of a bold red when I get around to it.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Mon Apr 15, 2019 2:21 pm

Tried the Shiraz... not a huge fan. It's palatable but the disconnect between the super fruity nose and what comes across to me as a mouth full of tartness and tannins to me is kinda... meh. So in short, love the smell, not a fan of the taste. I'll be sticking to whiskey and beer I think.

Random

Post by Random » Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm

MoPag, I can't see their names (brand, kind). So far, I've not bought coffee in bottles like that. Will you please tell me the brand and kinds they are? I might be interested in trying them.

(I tried Starbucks coffee once; it was like drinking syrup that had three times too much sugar in it.)
[They] which knew me from the beginning . . . would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.
Acts 26:5

Random

Post by Random » Wed Apr 17, 2019 9:29 pm

Right now, I'm drinking homemade white wine one of my daughters made almost a year ago. Definitely has a buzz to it.
[They] which knew me from the beginning . . . would testify, that after the most straitest sect of our religion I lived a Pharisee.
Acts 26:5

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am

Trying some Mexican ground from a little yellow brick package I picked up at Dollar Tree.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Thu Apr 18, 2019 8:30 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Apr 18, 2019 12:53 am
Trying some Mexican ground from a little yellow brick package I picked up at Dollar Tree.
Sounds like Cafe Bustelo based on the description.

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Apr 18, 2019 10:43 am

Random wrote:
Wed Apr 17, 2019 8:42 pm
MoPag, I can't see their names (brand, kind). So far, I've not bought coffee in bottles like that. Will you please tell me the brand and kinds they are? I might be interested in trying them.

(I tried Starbucks coffee once; it was like drinking syrup that had three times too much sugar in it.)
They are the Starbucks frappuccinos.
yummy.png
yummy.png (198.14 KiB) Viewed 47 times
I started off just sipping the vanilla. I've also tried caramel, salted caramel, and mocha. I like salted caramel the best.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:16 am

MoPag wrote:
They are the Starbucks frappuccinos.
yummy.png

I started off just sipping the vanilla. I've also tried caramel, salted caramel, and mocha. I like salted caramel the best.
I love these. I travel sometimes for work and one of my co-workers in another state bought me two six packs for the week I was there working. By the end of the week, I could have sworn it was coming out of my pores. My skin felt super moisturized too! :lol:
Those who do not move do not notice their chains. —Rosa Luxemburg

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Fri Apr 19, 2019 9:26 pm

Very unhappy with Costco ... they changed the supplier for their Kirkland brand spiced rum. It's no longer "St. Croix". It's made by Sazerac in Kentucky and it is just....blech...in comparison.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot