What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hermey

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Hermey » Sat Aug 06, 2022 9:23 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:28 pm
My kids took me out to eat for my birthday. We went to a Korean BBQ.
Happy Birthday!!

Some hard seltzer and hitting some cannabis.

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jan 06, 2023 6:54 pm

What are you drinking right now?

Coffee mixed with chocolate protein powder and almond milk. It makes both the chocolate and the coffee tolerable.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

alas

Post by alas » Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:25 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 am
I brewed 5 gallons of fresh-pressed hard cider but it turned vinegary. I found out later that it was likely due to exposure to microorganisms from brewing in the basement near an open drain. Bitter defeat. Now my wife is mad at me for dumping 5 gallons of perfectly good apple cider vinegar. You can't win.
You dumped out perfectly good apple cider vinegar! ?!?! That is a crime in a lot of women’s book. It has more uses than the hard cider, which is only good for drinking. Use it to help lose weight, clean hard water, in sever recipes, rinse hair.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:43 pm

alas wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:25 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 am
I brewed 5 gallons of fresh-pressed hard cider but it turned vinegary. I found out later that it was likely due to exposure to microorganisms from brewing in the basement near an open drain. Bitter defeat. Now my wife is mad at me for dumping 5 gallons of perfectly good apple cider vinegar. You can't win.
You dumped out perfectly good apple cider vinegar! ?!?! That is a crime in a lot of women’s book. It has more uses than the hard cider, which is only good for drinking. Use it to help lose weight, clean hard water, in sever recipes, rinse hair.
Oh great, now I have two women mad at me about it.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Random

Post by Random » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:57 pm

alas wrote:
Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:25 pm
Yep. And 5 gallons of apple cider vinegar isn't cheap!

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 1:43 pm
Oh great, now I have two women mad at me about it.
:lol:
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

PK

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:09 pm

Drinking a horchata right now. My daughter went to Cafe Rio and brought me back a horchata and a burrito. Can't seem to eat the whole burrito right now.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

alas

Post by alas » Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:03 pm

moksha wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 3:09 pm
Drinking a horchata right now. My daughter went to Cafe Rio and brought me back a horchata and a burrito. Can't seem to eat the whole burrito right now.
I love the stuff, but being diabetic, it is poison. It is not only sweetened with sugar, but they thicken it with rice, so double dose of high glycemic poison. I tried making it with artificial sweetener and gar gum but it just wasn’t right. I should experiment with thickening it with protein powder. Wonder how that would turn out. Most of the problem is that nutrasweet went up in price by like 300 percent, so stores stopped stocking it and switched over to Splenda, which to me is tasteless. So, trying things like monk fruit, and got on line and ordered in some Equal for a minor fortune. But that is being s—-l——o——w arriving.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:34 pm

Strawberry vodka and pineapple juice!

Yesterday was a beer with Kishkuman! He says to say hello!
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 23, 2023 12:50 am

Hopefully, you did not drink too much baijiu for Chinese New Year, but if you did, then have some oolong tea to calm your tummy.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Random

Post by Random » Sat Jan 28, 2023 8:06 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:34 pm
Yesterday was a beer with Kishkuman! He says to say hello!
🙋🏽‍♀️ 👋🏽

My preview shows a weird sign (ankh?) between the person waving and the hand waving, but I only put a space in to separate the two emojis. So, if it shows up in the posted comment, it wasn't me who put it there.

PK