What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Hagoth » Sat Dec 19, 2020 6:43 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:49 am
Be careful. If you go too far down the AeroPress internet-rabbit-hole, you're going to "need" an expensive grinder, an temperature-control kettle, a fancy "coffee scale," and a "coffee timer." Any old scale and/or timer just won't do. :mrgreen:
No coffee nazi stuff for me. But I am kind of tempted by the idea of a milk steamer; I have a soft spot for cafe ole.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:24 pm

A coffee grinder, better filters and a good machine were enough for me.

Today though, red wine with my garlic chicken pizza.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:12 pm

Eggnog and Captain Morgan. 'Tis the season!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Jan 31, 2021 11:13 pm

Ad from 1898. Malt-Nutrine was Mormon-friendly with only 1.9% alcohol.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Tue Feb 02, 2021 11:08 am

That is so interesting. :ugeek: :lol: Isn't there a product like that that is still made today? I can't think of it. Maybe Hagoth's Captain Morgan and eggnog is close. ;)
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Feb 05, 2021 7:26 pm

Small Beer
At mealtimes in the Middle Ages, all drank small beer, regardless of age, particularly while eating a meal at the table. Table beer was around this time typically less than 1% ABV.

It was common for workers who engaged in laborious tasks to drink more than ten imperial pints (5.7 litres) of small beer a day to quench their thirst. Small beer was also consumed for its nutrition content. It might contain traces of wheat or bread suspended within it.

Ruthin School's charter, signed by Elizabeth I, stipulates that small beer should be provided to all scholars, and larger educational establishments like Eton, Winchester, and Oxford University even ran their own breweries.
Should NOM do something similar to Eton, Winchester, and Oxford University? Would this depend on the Mormon Ages being equivalent to the Middle Ages?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:10 pm

Bubble Banana Tea. No actual tea, I think it is just banana milk with boba pearls. Tastes yummy! Got it at my local Asian mart.
-- Moksha

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Feb 22, 2021 5:23 pm

Happy National Margarita Day!

(Whatever "National" means... Hopefully they'll be celebrating in Mexico too... And wherever folks enjoy fermented agave & limes & orange-type liqueur & whatever else...)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Mar 05, 2021 3:11 am

Affogato Recipe

Put a scoop of vanilla or chocolate ice cream in a coffee mug,
Pour brewed coffee or espresso over it. Enjoy.
-- Moksha

cwald

Post by cwald » Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 pm

PBR.

Yes. You heard that right. Pabst Blue Ribbon. Out of the can. My god what have I become?

I got a heads up about a Rosebud thread on MD so I logged into the mormon underground to see what the hullabub was all about. Been awhile since I have visited the boards and decided to check over here and see how things were going? Is Hagoth still around here lurking on these drinking threads.

NOM 2.0...Good to see her alive and well.

Out. cwald
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue May 04, 2021 10:58 am

cwald wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 pm
PBR.

Yes. You heard that right. Pabst Blue Ribbon. Out of the can. My god what have I become?

I got a heads up about a Rosebud thread on MD so I logged into the mormon underground to see what the hullabub was all about. Been awhile since I have visited the boards and decided to check over here and see how things were going? Is Hagoth still around here lurking on these drinking threads.

NOM 2.0...Good to see her alive and well.

Out. cwald
We invite you to recreate your beer 101 thread from days past. Perhaps you can explain your journey to PBR as well!

Happy to see you cwald.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu May 06, 2021 11:02 pm

My daughter ordered Vietnamese for us tonight, so I had a milk tea with coffee jelly. I was going to get the regular boba in it but went for adventure instead. My daughter had a winter melon smoothie.
-- Moksha

cwald

Post by cwald » Sat May 08, 2021 6:05 pm

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:58 am

We invite you to recreate your beer 101 thread from days past. Perhaps you can explain your journey to PBR as well!

Happy to see you cwald.

Thank you Red Ryder and good to see you still kicking.

Tonight I'm simply going with a cheap Gilbys gin and tonic.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Sun May 09, 2021 9:28 am

cwald wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 6:05 pm
Red Ryder wrote:
Tue May 04, 2021 10:58 am

Happy to see you cwald.

Thank you Red Ryder and good to see you still kicking.

Tonight I'm simply going with a cheap Gilbys gin and tonic.
It's always fun to see familiar faces from the past. :D
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu May 13, 2021 12:21 pm

cwald wrote:
Sat May 01, 2021 8:53 pm
PBR.

Ya know...

If you're gonna drink Hipster Mild Barley Beverages; PBR is just a tiny step below Rainier in my book. Even more Hipster points if it's a 16oz Tall-Boy.

(How many of you have the Rainier jingle from the O-L-D commercial running through your brains now? :twisted: )
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri May 14, 2021 12:05 am

wtfluff wrote:
Thu May 13, 2021 12:21 pm
(How many of you have the Rainier jingle from the O-L-D commercial running through your brains now? :twisted: )
This could have been made into a pro-Mormon commercial, substituting an LDS family crossing the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y5l6HWLD_28
-- Moksha

Thoughtful

Post by Thoughtful » Sat May 22, 2021 4:29 pm

Nothing.

Waiting on hubby to wake up so we can go out.

Has anyone tried the Finnish hard seltzer, "Long Drink"? It's gin based and grapefruit flavored. Not bad at all!

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:23 am

My new fave drink from Starbucks is an iced blonde Vanilla latte with white chocolate mocha and brown sugar syrup! So yummmm!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Jul 16, 2021 9:39 pm

MoPag wrote:
Fri Jul 16, 2021 11:23 am
My new fave drink from Starbucks is an iced blonde Vanilla latte with white chocolate mocha and brown sugar syrup! So yummmm!!!
Barista Brigham would never serve you that drink!

Brigham Young publicly taught that the punishment for brown sugar- white chocolate interracial beverage was death, and the spilling of a brown sugar–white chocolate interracial beverage and their children as part of a blood atonement would be a blessing to them.

He further stated that interracial beverages are sterile "like a mule", a teaching later repeated in a church magazine. Young taught that the moment the church consents to white chocolate members having children with brown sugar individuals the church would go to destruction, and that, "Any man having one drop of the seed of Cane in him cannot hold the priesthood."[54] Young also taught that people who had children with a black person would be cursed to the priesthood.[32]:37
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Aug 16, 2021 2:11 am

Not sure Mormons can drink this because of what it contains.
-- Moksha