What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by moksha » Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:34 pm

Reeds Strongest Ginger Beer. Who needs alcohol when you can sip on this stuff?

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:30 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Aug 13, 2020 9:34 pm

I love me some ginger beer, ever since I lived in Scotland and got to try some. How spicy is that stuff?
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:49 am

Reuben wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:30 pm
How spicy is that stuff?
Much like meat, you have to sip it sparingly.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Lithium Sunset

Post by Lithium Sunset » Sat Aug 15, 2020 12:36 pm

Vodka and Piña Fraise LaCroix
(‘cause it’s Keto friendly, and when you mix it, over pre-made seltzer’s, you get more alcohol).
"The real things haven't changed. It is still best to be honest and truthful; to make the most of what we have; to be happy with simple pleasures; and have courage when things go wrong." -Laura Ingalls Wilder

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Sat Aug 15, 2020 2:09 pm

moksha wrote:
Oooh... I've had the Extra Ginger Brew but I've never seen that before. That looks fantastic!
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Aug 15, 2020 10:08 pm

Buttered Beere

Hey Harry Potter fans, here is a recipe for Buttered Beere. Even instructions for Mormonizing it with sufficient boiling.
However, NOMinees can also follow the recipe for normal adults.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZlMhZvOX2ps
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:18 am

Can I share a confession with you? You need not put on your prayer shawl or recite the Desiderata. Anyway, my loving daughter came over on her 21st birthday. I had made some shrimp tikka masala, and she brought a cake and six-pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade and a twelve-pack of some seltzer. It was great, we sat watching Stranger Things and eating that which nourished and strengthened our bellies. First time for her having alcohol and the first time for me in twenty years. We were neophytes to the intricacies of hard lemonade and so we only had one each. Now that I confessed, I will grant both of us absolution by the power of NOM 2.0.

Birthday part II - today we go out for an early dinner to the new Lucky's Iron Door in West Jordan, so we can have the best burgers in Utah and Jadyn can have her Rite of Passage cocktail. I will go with a Diet Coke and perhaps the Bacon Stinky Cheese Burger or the Double Double, or perhaps one with both Bacon and Ham. My daughter wants one called the "Nuter Butter". I noted they had such traditional drinks as a hot toddy, a Moscow mule, an Irish Coffee and about 30 fantasy creations that sound good.

It will be different. We went out to a Korean Barbecue on my birthday. Soft drinks all the way.
-- Moksha

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Tue Sep 01, 2020 7:56 pm

moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:18 am
Can I share a confession with you? You need not put on your prayer shawl or recite the Desiderata. Anyway, my loving daughter came over on her 21st birthday. I had made some shrimp tikka masala, and she brought a cake and six-pack of Mike's Hard Lemonade and a twelve-pack of some seltzer. It was great, we sat watching Stranger Things and eating that which nourished and strengthened our bellies. First time for her having alcohol and the first time for me in twenty years. We were neophytes to the intricacies of hard lemonade and so we only had one each. Now that I confessed, I will grant both of us absolution by the power of NOM 2.0.

Birthday part II - today we go out for an early dinner to the new Lucky's Iron Door in West Jordan, so we can have the best burgers in Utah and Jadyn can have her Rite of Passage cocktail. I will go with a Diet Coke and perhaps the Bacon Stinky Cheese Burger or the Double Double, or perhaps one with both Bacon and Ham. My daughter wants one called the "Nuter Butter". I noted they had such traditional drinks as a hot toddy, a Moscow mule, an Irish Coffee and about 30 fantasy creations that sound good.

It will be different. We went out to a Korean Barbecue on my birthday. Soft drinks all the way.
So fun! Happy Birthday to your daughter.

My current fave drink is lemon La Croix with a shot of Chambord raspberry liquor. You can just put the shot into the can of La Croix and drink it in front of your TBM family. And no one is the wiser.
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Oct 21, 2020 8:18 pm

Taiwanese beer with 2.8% alcohol. It could be marketed in the States as Semi-Mormon Beer.

-- Moksha

redjay

Post by redjay » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:25 pm

Reuben wrote:
Fri Aug 14, 2020 7:30 pm
moksha wrote:

I love me some ginger beer, ever since I lived in Scotland and got to try some. How spicy is that stuff?
Ginger beer - mix it with some dark rum, yummy
At the halfway home. I'm a full-grown man. But I'm not afraid to cry.

redjay

Post by redjay » Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:26 pm

Scotch and ginger ale. Earlier in the night it was scotch and a touch of ice - but that was some half decent scotch.
At the halfway home. I'm a full-grown man. But I'm not afraid to cry.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Dec 10, 2020 8:17 pm

You all would make great bar tenders.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

hmb

Post by hmb » Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:10 pm

Diet root beer. Does that make me a bad exmo? I like alcohol too much to have it in the house, so it's rare I drink.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Dec 13, 2020 10:54 pm

hmb wrote:
Sun Dec 13, 2020 3:10 pm
Diet root beer. Does that make me a bad exmo? I like alcohol too much to have it in the house, so it's rare I drink.
Add a splash of bourbon, vanilla rum or vanilla vodka to that Root Beer.

Oh, wait... You typed something about no alcohol; sorry. :roll:

I may, or may not have tried a mild barley drink as depicted below:
SugarPlum.jpg
SugarPlum.jpg (52.36 KiB) Viewed 9126 times

And maybe a bit of "real" eggnog, followed by a bit of mulled wine. The wine was actually of my neighbors "own make," so completely W-o-W approved. All the other "stuff" added to the home-made wine, maybe not so much "approved."

I feel all warm (and fluffy) inside. :)
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Mon Dec 14, 2020 12:04 am

Some of my fav alcoholic drinks in no particular order:

Blue Moon
Blue Moon mango
Blue Moon apricot
White Claw hard seltzer
College Street Big Blue Van blueberry and vanilla wheat beer
Strong Bow cider
Corona with lime
Fireball Whiskey
Fireball and Bailey's Irish Cream
Dirty Diet Coke (Coke with Malibu rum)
Vodka and club soda
Deep Eddy's Ruby Red Vodka and soda

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:37 pm

Donut Shop Coffee w/ Hazelnut Creamer

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:10 am

My daughter gave me an AeroPress coffeemaker for my birthday. Quicker than the ol' french press, delivers tastier(and more potent) brew and, or so I have read, a wee bit more healthy because it filters out some free floating fats.

“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:44 am

I have another friend who swears by Aeropress. I'm usually just awake enough in the morning to hit the button to get the coffee going.

Let us know how you like it, please!

River
Every time you find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:49 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sat Dec 19, 2020 11:10 am
My daughter gave me an AeroPress coffeemaker for my birthday. Quicker than the ol' french press, delivers tastier(and more potent) brew and, or so I have read, a wee bit more healthy because it filters out some free floating fats.

AeroPress is my "main" implement for making magic roasted bean infusion at home.

Be careful. If you go too far down the AeroPress internet-rabbit-hole, you're going to "need" an expensive grinder, an temperature-control kettle, a fancy "coffee scale," and a "coffee timer." Any old scale and/or timer just won't do. :mrgreen:
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

River Morgan2

Post by River Morgan2 » Sat Dec 19, 2020 12:42 pm

Pepsi is rolling out a new drink. Cocoa-cola. I'm not making this up.
Screenshot_20201219-124107.png
Screenshot_20201219-124107.png (85.82 KiB) Viewed 9023 times
River
Every time you find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy