What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Korihor

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Korihor » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:05 am

Dunkin Donuts Cappuccino - freaking awesome!
Reading can severely damage your ignorance.

foolmeonce

Post by foolmeonce » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 pm

Hosted our first REAL Super Bowl Party with some friends on Sunday. That night I had several beers (XX and Stone IPA), and I made Mojito's. It was a ton of fun, and I was even able to hold back to urge to participate in domestic violence! (Come on, did anyone else get the youth lesson on Super Bowl + beer = beating up your wife and kids ?)

So tonight, I'm drinking a leftover Stone IPA.
Neo: What are you trying to tell me? That I can dodge bullets?
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

foolmeonce

Post by foolmeonce » Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:29 pm

foolmeonce wrote:
Tue Feb 07, 2017 8:25 pm
Hosted our first REAL Super Bowl Party with some friends on Sunday. That night I had several beers (XX and Stone IPA), and I made Mojito's. It was a ton of fun, and I was even able to hold back to urge to participate in domestic violence! (Come on, did anyone else get the youth lesson on Super Bowl + beer = beating up your wife and kids ?)

So tonight, I'm drinking a leftover Stone IPA.
I should also report that I was also able to put the kids to bed on-time Sunday night (tragically during the exact time that the Pats realized that they were in fact playing football and started to make a come back), and I was able to get to work on-time, AND I had a really productive day. In the interest of full disclosure however, waking up was an SOB, and I may have made my daughter slightly tardy for school, but that's Monday's man.
Morpheus: No, Neo. I'm trying to tell you that when you're ready, you won't have to.

RubinHighlander

Post by RubinHighlander » Thu Feb 09, 2017 9:23 pm

Sipping on some Porter's Peach from the Ogden's Own Distillery.
PortersPeach.PNG
PortersPeach.PNG (250.31 KiB) Viewed 16001 times
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

foolmeonce

Post by foolmeonce » Fri Feb 10, 2017 1:43 pm

Thoroughly enjoying my now daily afternoon Earl Gray Green Tea. It's crazy to think that I used to believe that this stuff is bad for me and a sin to drink.

BringEmYoung

Post by BringEmYoung » Sat Feb 11, 2017 10:46 pm

12oz ciderboys orange with a shot of white rum. One of the quickest and easiest ways to a buzz for me.

Can of Worms

Post by Can of Worms » Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 pm

Two large coffees everyday. The occasional latte. And a glass of white wine mixed with ginger ale every Friday night. Occasionally a white wine and raspberry float. Tried beer, rum, and vodka but didn't like any of it. I just don't like the taste of spirits... ;)
Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened.” Winston Churchill

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Feb 13, 2017 9:56 pm

Can of Worms wrote:
Mon Feb 13, 2017 8:34 pm
I just don't like the taste of spirits... ;)
A rice crispy square and a diet cola can help get rid of that ectoplasm aftertaste.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Fri Feb 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Nothing at the moment, but I'm leaving now to stop at Bev'Mo on the way home.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Fri Feb 17, 2017 9:58 pm

Four Peaks Kilt Lifter

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Sat Feb 18, 2017 1:28 pm

Not today, but yesterday I had an Ale Pacino Mocacinno.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

Korihor

Post by Korihor » Mon Feb 27, 2017 9:39 pm

Coke and Rum - pretty good
Margarita - good
Vodka and tonic - bad
Something with tequila, fruit juice and a cherry - meh

I didn't finish the vodka and tonic, it was nasty.

And I really never felt tipsy. And i didn't pay for any of it.

Enoch Witty

Post by Enoch Witty » Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 am

I have been loving this stuff lately. Citrus-infused IPAs have become my jam.

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:50 am

Enoch Witty wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 am
Have you tried the lime Citradelic? I like it better but then I'm a sucker for lime (and I quite like Dogfish Head's SeaQuench Ale as a result, though it's not an IPA but a hybrid-sour style).

Enoch Witty

Post by Enoch Witty » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 am

Dravin wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 7:50 am
Enoch Witty wrote:
Tue Feb 28, 2017 8:52 am
Have you tried the lime Citradelic? I like it better but then I'm a sucker for lime (and I quite like Dogfish Head's SeaQuench Ale as a result, though it's not an IPA but a hybrid-sour style).
I haven't seen it, but I would try it! I'll keep an eye out.

You guys, there's a grocery store that opened literally a couple blocks away from me a couple months ago. It is a magical place. You can buy a pint of draft, craft beer for $2.00, put a cup holder on your cart, and drink while you shop. I have begun shopping nearly every day as a result, and am taking a lot more walks to do so. :D

They also have wine, coffee, kombucha, and draft, craft root beer (for my DW). These things don't matter to me, as I'm more of a beer guy, but still. It is AWESOME. We are probably going to move in the summer and I'm having anxiety about leaving this store behind. Having a drink (or two) while one shops is the only right way to shop!!!

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:13 am

Enoch Witty wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 8:06 am
They also have wine, coffee, kombucha, and draft, craft root beer (for my DW). These things don't matter to me, as I'm more of a beer guy, but still. It is AWESOME. We are probably going to move in the summer and I'm having anxiety about leaving this store behind. Having a drink (or two) while one shops is the only right way to shop!!!
Having a drink while shopping would probably get me in trouble, I spend an awful lot of my time shopping resisting impulse purchases and a pint wouldn't help with that.

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm

I know I'll be made fun of for this, but I've heard rumors that they are going to bring Zima back for a short run. I'm kinda giddy. I loved Zima back in the day.

This will REALLY age me, but I wish they would bring back the original California Coolers. You know, the ones that were actually real wine coolers with fruit pulp instead of the "malt beverage" coolers.
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

Random

Post by Random » Thu Mar 09, 2017 4:09 pm

What are you drinking right now?
Root beer.
The label says, "Best Damn Root Beer." It does taste like root beer. I kind of think it would be interesting to get a bunch and serve it at a ward dinner. In cups.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

MerrieMiss

Post by MerrieMiss » Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 pm

HighMaintenance wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm
I know I'll be made fun of for this, but I've heard rumors that they are going to bring Zima back for a short run. I'm kinda giddy. I loved Zima back in the day.

This will REALLY age me, but I wish they would bring back the original California Coolers. You know, the ones that were actually real wine coolers with fruit pulp instead of the "malt beverage" coolers.
I never drank Zima, but I remember counting hundreds (thousands?) of those bottles at my first job. The smell of the bottle room was so...distinct. Every time I walk by a bottle return machine the smell transports me back to the summer I was sixteen. As does the sight of (or reference to) a Zima bottle.

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Sat Mar 11, 2017 9:07 am

MerrieMiss wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2017 10:26 pm
HighMaintenance wrote:
Wed Mar 01, 2017 9:35 pm

I never drank Zima, but I remember counting hundreds (thousands?) of those bottles at my first job. The smell of the bottle room was so...distinct. Every time I walk by a bottle return machine the smell transports me back to the summer I was sixteen. As does the sight of (or reference to) a Zima bottle.
That had to be just gross! A coworker was telling me a story from when he was in the military about doing a dorm check on a guy that had his entire room lined floor to ceiling on every wall with Diet Coke cans. He said if the guy would have just rinsed the cans out to prevent the stench, no one outside the room would have even known something was amiss. The room was immaculate, otherwise!
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot