What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
HighMaintenance

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by HighMaintenance » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:19 pm

Dravin wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 7:45 pm
Uncle Val's Peppered Gin. The botanicals in it are black pepper, roasted red pepper, pimento, and juniper. Not your typical gin by any means and I'm not sure it would work in a Gin and Tonic but I think it would be perfect for a Red Snapper (Bloody Mary using gin instead of vodka).
That sounds very interesting!
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:42 pm

HighMaintenance wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:19 pm
That sounds very interesting!
Well, if you bring the Bloody Mary mix I've got the gin. Come on over. I'd offer to come to you but safety and all that, I'm experimenting with some tonic syrups and trying to decide what concentration creates a nice G&T so I've had a few tonight already.
Hindsight is all well and good... until you trip.

achilles

Post by achilles » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:57 pm

Dasani Sparkling Water: Lime. Gotta lose some weight.
“For me, it is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring.”

― Carl Sagan

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:59 pm

achilles wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:57 pm
I love the recent trend in flavored sparkling water. The previous options were all artificially sweetened and often sickeningly sweet. A Midwestern grocery store here in Indiana does a Melon Cucumber sparkling water that I absolutely love.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Mar 12, 2018 9:13 pm

achilles wrote:
Mon Mar 12, 2018 8:57 pm
Add an ounce of cake vodka, and a half-ounce of coconut rum, and a squeeze or two of lime juice to that Dasani, and you've got yourself a nice "Key Lime" beverage. A bit of simple syrup if needed to sweeten it up for the mormon palate. (Oh wait, you mentioned something about losing weight: A packed of Splenda instead of simple syrup if you absolutely need more sweet... :D )

Cheers!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

HighMaintenance

Post by HighMaintenance » Tue Mar 13, 2018 7:41 pm

PicsArt_03-13-07.40.15.jpg
PicsArt_03-13-07.40.15.jpg (60.31 KiB) Viewed 9360 times
With a little vodka...
Somewhere on a toilet wall I read the words 'You form a line to formalize the former lies.' And I finally saw the truth - Slipknot

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:11 pm

Pineapple smoothie turned pina colada with the addition of some coconut extract and some rum.

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Thu Mar 29, 2018 7:39 pm

hard apple cider before dinner with a nice cold white wine with dinner.

bon appatite.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:04 pm

Finished with a nice port and cheese for dessert.
Out beyond ideas of wrongdoing and right doing, there is a field. I'll meet you there.
Rumi

sirensong

Post by sirensong » Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:32 pm

It's homework night and I'm working on a research paper and doing the assigned reading for tomorrow's philosophy class. In honor of my philosophy teacher, who's from Northern Ireland, I'm drinking Bushmills Black Bush Irish Whiskey, which he recommended to me. Tonight I'm drinking it neat. I might have a sip or so of Fireball before I go to bed though.
and in the end... the love you take is equal to the love you make...
~lennon/mccartney

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:25 pm

A Sierra Nevada Otra Vez with Lime & Agave. Quite tasty.

Raylan Givens

Post by Raylan Givens » Sat Apr 07, 2018 8:27 pm

Diet Dr Pepper, though at my friend's birthday party last week we drank from a 1 1/2 gallon bottle of champagne. It was purchased at Idaho Falls, not half bad.
"Ah, you know, I think you use the Bible to do whatever the hell you like" - Raylan Givens

No Tof

Post by No Tof » Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:24 am

Tried a can of Kilkenny beer last night. Upon opening the can, something inside was activated to add nitrogen to the mix. This was the first time for me and it seemed really cool.

You beer gurus can probably explain this to me. (please)

Anyway, it was for me a nice beer experience. Smooth feel, not too bitter for my palate and easy to drink with the Japanese food we were sharing.
Rumi

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Apr 12, 2018 9:32 am

No Tof wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:24 am
Tried a can of Kilkenny beer last night. Upon opening the can, something inside was activated to add nitrogen to the mix. This was the first time for me and it seemed really cool.

You beer gurus can probably explain this to me. (please)

Anyway, it was for me a nice beer experience. Smooth feel, not too bitter for my palate and easy to drink with the Japanese food we were sharing.
Who you calling a beer geek? :shock:

Looks like Kilkenny is made by Guinness. Guinness is "famous" for being "carbonated" with nitrogen, instead of Co2. Many other producers are starting to produce mild barley drinks "on nitro" also. Guinness calls their magic-can-thingy a "Widget". It's basically little plastic bulb "charged" with nitrogen, and when the pressure from opening the can is released, it spews more nitrogen into the beverage. Until fairly recently, producers were unable to "bottle" nitrogen-ated beverages, but have come up with technology to do so (without a "widget".) Without the widget, the beverage needs to be poured vigorously into a glass to get the cool "cascading" effect caused by the nitrogen. Nitrogen-ated beverages are supposed to have a more "creamy" mouth-feel than regular carbonated beverages
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Fri Apr 13, 2018 9:56 am

Stiegl Grapefruit Radler - Extremely refreshing, this would be a great beer to enjoy on the patio on a warm sunny day.

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Sun Apr 15, 2018 4:38 pm

Not right at the moment, but this morning it was a Burbon Caramel Mocha Expresso, homemade.

A couple weeks ago, I got one of these massively on sale:
http://www.mrcoffee.com/espresso-machin ... ml#start=7

So I have been experimenting with making my own espresso at home. I found that the local Walmart has a small selection of coffee syrups, so I have been playing around. DW is more than willing to support my experiments and to offer constructive feedback. I'm not going to be opening Cafe Zaphod anytime soon, but it is very enjoyable. Also way cheaper than going to a local coffee shop.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Sat May 05, 2018 2:16 pm

In honor of Cinco de Mayo I'm sipping some Don Julio Blanco.

Random

Post by Random » Tue May 15, 2018 6:09 pm

I'm not drinking it right now, but I've got some wine fermenting in my closet. This is the 2nd time I've made a 3-gallon bottle of red wine.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

IT_Veteran

Post by IT_Veteran » Tue May 15, 2018 10:14 pm

Raspberry iced tea for me.

What... there’s other heathen things besides alcohol. The bourbon I had last weekend was pretty good though, admittedly.

Dravin

Post by Dravin » Thu May 17, 2018 2:56 am

Sipping on some hazelnut flavored coffee. Got a little bit of a supply I've got to work through before I step up my coffee game.