What are you drinking right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Angel

Re: What are you drinking right now?

Post by Angel » Tue Aug 24, 2021 7:00 pm

Going out with work colleagues on Friday, still deciding if I want to drink with them or not. I do have alcoholics in my family, and I try to stay healthy... funny thing, all the Mormons know I'm out, but people from work do not know, and I'm not sure I'm ready for that conversation with them.
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Sep 07, 2021 5:27 pm

Califia Farms Ginger Limeade. It is delicious, but it is probably too strong for any Mormons living in Utah County.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:16 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:25 pm

Found out where the idea of lids on German beer steins originated: The lids were put on to keep flies out of the beer.
-- Moksha

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:41 pm

moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:25 pm
Found out where the idea of lids on German beer steins originated: The lids were put on to keep flies out of the beer.
Prost!!!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Nov 25, 2021 11:32 am

The grocery store didn't have any eggnog! Now what am I supposed to put my spiced rum in? Oh yeah, Coke!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:08 pm

That new funny-looking building on 9400 So. 700 E. in Sandy is going to be a Dutch Bros Coffee.

Best hot chocolate ever. I hope the Sandy villagers will give it a chance before attacking it with their torches and pitchforks.
-- Moksha

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Nov 28, 2021 8:05 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Nov 27, 2021 9:08 pm
That new funny-looking building on 9400 So. 700 E. in Sandy is going to be a Dutch Bros Coffee.
I have a believing relative who loves Dutch Bros.

I need to gird up my loins and find the intestinal fortitude to ask said relative how the coffee is at Dutch Bros Coffee.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

slavereeno

Post by slavereeno » Mon Feb 28, 2022 11:24 am

Truly Hard Seltzer Margarita Style Classic Lime

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Mar 14, 2022 10:53 am

In the 1940s Pabst produced the first six-pack. They felt it was the ideal weight for housewives to carry home.
-- Moksha

cwald

Post by cwald » Sun Apr 10, 2022 1:04 pm

"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:21 pm

Just had to pop in to say hi Cwald!!!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:23 pm

Drank some mescaline-bearing cactus juice. :shock: :ugeek: Crystalline mandalas.

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Apr 10, 2022 9:59 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:23 pm
Drank some mescaline-bearing cactus juice. :shock: :ugeek: Crystalline mandalas.
What goes up must come down. Sunday School spinning round and round.
-- Moksha

cwald

Post by cwald » Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:57 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:21 pm
Hello there. I pop in here from time to time. Specifically to see how this this thread has evolved. Kind of miss the old NOM and stayLDS beer threads to be honest.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:02 pm

cwald wrote:
Wed Apr 13, 2022 7:57 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:21 pm
Hello there. I pop in here from time to time. Specifically to see how this this thread has evolved. Kind of miss the old NOM and stayLDS beer threads to be honest.
If you visit, and type about beer more often, others may well join in, my favorite Alien.

You still brewing your own?

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 am

I brewed 5 gallons of fresh-pressed hard cider but it turned vinegary. I found out later that it was likely due to exposure to microorganisms from brewing in the basement near an open drain. Bitter defeat. Now my wife is mad at me for dumping 5 gallons of perfectly good apple cider vinegar. You can't win.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:41 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 am
I brewed 5 gallons of fresh-pressed hard cider but it turned vinegary. I found out later that it was likely due to exposure to microorganisms from brewing in the basement near an open drain. Bitter defeat. Now my wife is mad at me for dumping 5 gallons of perfectly good apple cider vinegar. You can't win.
Darn sneaky (unwanted) microorganisms ruining your tasty mildly ethanolic apple cider drink!

Wait a minute... Are mild apple drinks legal for "us" MORmONs? :roll:

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Apr 14, 2022 11:58 am

wtfluff wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 8:41 am
Hagoth wrote:
Thu Apr 14, 2022 7:12 am
Darn sneaky (unwanted) microorganisms ruining your tasty mildly ethanolic apple cider drink!

Wait a minute... Are mild apple drinks legal for "us" MORmONs? :roll:
Nope. Fruit is only ok "in the season thereof." You can only be safe by sticking to wheat and herbs. Focaccia must be the food of the gods. Paired with mild barley drinks, of course.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Aug 04, 2022 8:28 pm

My kids took me out to eat for my birthday. We went to a Korean BBQ.

I had a Tsingtao beer (#1 in China), and my son had an excellent Sapporo Japanese beer. Everyone else had Mike's Hard Lemonade. Usually, I am the one drinking non-alcoholic, so it felt good to cut loose and walk on the Terrestrial side. I turned a decade older. Woo hoo.
-- Moksha