Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
SaidNobody

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:34 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:05 pm
If you ask me, Washington needs a massive enema right now. Flush 'em all out and start fresh!

There I go not biting my tongue again. Damn.
Perhaps you don't understand what is happening. I don't mean that in a condescending way. Trump was giving Washington an enema. Not metaphorically but literally, .... metaphorically speaking. We called it draining the swamp. Trump was not supposed to win the election. The FBI moved against him immediately. Jim Comey, Peter Struk, and Lisa Page and many others were caught in trying to derail his administration. I know the mainstream media didn't cover the parts of the investigation that exposed all of the monsters. I don't mean all of the monsters but some of them. The CIA has been completely Mia during the Trump administration. You will see pictures of Obama with his two attack dogs Robert Mueller and Jim Comey very often. They were with him arm and arm.

Trump barely had any of the departments willing to work for him. You might think that is justified but that is not how our government is supposed to work. The swamp would not accept him.

Trump published a list of 1000 promises that he had kept. Most of it was through executive order so I do not know how long lasting it can be. But the reason people sucked up to or pander to Trump is because he deserved it. He kept so many promises that other presidents made but couldn't keep.

Trump is a little bit like that optical illusion where do you see the beautiful young princess or the old hag. If someone is encouraging you to only see the old hag you may never see the beautiful young princess.

Trump has fought government most of his life. The governments of New York City and Atlantic City pretty much hated him. They would tell him no and he would sue them. But Trump has done some amazing things for the very people who now hate him. He helped revitalize New York City when it was failing. Yet they hate him anyway. He created more than 500 companies but people only focus on the seven that failed.

His entire presidency his main mantra was fake news. If he didn't blow his own horn nobody else was going to. And he blew that little bugger like no one else could. But when other people joined in to support him it was completely justified and deserved. In spite of what people think we are not stupid people. We love this guy. He gave us everything and we will support him as long as we can.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:54 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 4:34 pm
Perhaps you don't understand what is happening. I don't mean that in a condescending way.
I don't take that as condescending at all. I accept that you believe Trump's story from the perspective that his pundits project, but from where I sit that perspective seems heavily biased. And that's ok, I don't deny that I am biased too. I just like the flavor of my bias better than yours. I feel equally justified in suggesting that maybe you don't understand what's happening. If you think Donald Trump has drained the swamp maybe you should look at the people he surrounded himself with and the nasty, hateful tone that he has imposed on this country.

This is fun SaidNobody, but I really don't care to keep going around in circles. I like you and I have no doubt that you would blow me away in an IQ faceoff, but I'm just so sick and tired of Donald J. Trump and his gang.

The short story is that Joe Biden won the election and he is our next president. Donald Trump will have to find other ways to keep people talking about him, and I have no doubt he will.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:55 pm

And now I have a question for you, SN:

You asked me if I would believe evidence that the election was rigged. I have a question to you too. Are you willing to accept evidence that it was not rigged? In other words, will you accept the judgments of the courts who scrutinized the evidence and determined that Trump's claims have no merit and are not supported by any credible evidence? If that is the case then you are equally compelled to come to the realization that this was all a big propagandapalooza and that Trump is doing exactly what he accuses Biden of doing; attempting to steal the vote.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:30 pm

Saidnobody
His entire presidency his main mantra was fake news.
His entire speaking was fake news. He was the singular most lying President in all history.
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:37 pm

Apologeticsislying wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:30 pm
Saidnobody
His entire presidency his main mantra was fake news.
His entire speaking was fake news. He was the singular most lying President in all history.
I always have to ask, what lies.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:55 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:55 pm
And now I have a question for you, SN:

You asked me if I would believe evidence that the election was rigged. I have a question to you too. Are you willing to accept evidence that it was not rigged? In other words, will you accept the judgments of the courts who scrutinized the evidence and determined that Trump's claims have no merit and are not supported by any credible evidence? If that is the case then you are equally compelled to come to the realization that this was all a big propagandapalooza and that Trump is doing exactly what he accuses Biden of doing; attempting to steal the vote.
Evidence isn't as simple as a court throwing the case out.

But explain these things to me.

Why did the PA government charge 3 laws days before the election: Blocked Republican poll watchers. Removed signature validation requirement. Extended the voting period 3 days. Republican poll watchers ejected from several large sites. 400% turn out in some Democrat precincts. About 200000 Biden votes arrive 3am. 6000 votes suddenly flip from Trump to Biden. Thousands of Mail-in ballots are registered and recorded before they are even sent out.

I could go on. But just explain that.

Oh and it is completely unfair to blame Trump for this lack of trust. It was the Dems that told the world that Russia elected Trump. Then they dragged their investigation out as long as they could only to admit that they had nothing. And some here are eager to share that it wasn't nothing, but it had nothing to do with Trump. Russia bought $50,000 in Facebook ads and not mention who they supported.

China has investigated more the $4.7M in different progressive media sources.

I'm not unreasonable. I'm asshole, but not a hater. Sure, show the election want tampered with. Show me Dems didn't try to destroy Trump in unethical ways. Seriously, Please, I could really use some trust in my fellow Americans right now.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:01 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 5:54 pm

This is fun SaidNobody, but I really don't care to keep going around in circles. I like you and I have no doubt that you would blow me away in an IQ faceoff, but I'm just so sick and tired of Donald J. Trump and his gang.

The short story is that Joe Biden won the election and he is our next president. Donald Trump will have to find other ways to keep people talking about him, and I have no doubt he will.
Fair enough, but I must say I'm flattered you think I have IQ. I'm not a smart man but I know what love is, and fraud.

I get that people get tried of the president they didn't vote for. But if we are going justify cheating to get rid of an unwanted president, you can't expect people to honor the vote.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Nov 24, 2020 9:57 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:01 pm
I get that people get tried of the president they didn't vote for. But if we are going justify cheating to get rid of an unwanted president, you can't expect people to honor the vote.
We get that Republicans and the hacking squad in St. Petersburg will be tied to Trump for the next century. The St. Petersburg squad knows the only real cheating was on their part, while the Republicans had forgotten about the story of Brer Rabbitt and allowed themselves to get stuck to the Trump tar baby. They will say comforting words to the tar baby to which they are now attached, "Them Dems done cheated and put us in here with you tar baby, but we will sit here and let you lead us from this briar patch. We'll show them that Biden is not our President. Only you have that honor Mr. Tar Baby, Sir!"
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

shrugged

Post by shrugged » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:24 am

SaidNobody wrote: But explain these things to me.

Why did the PA government charge 3 laws days before the election: Blocked Republican poll watchers. Removed signature validation requirement. Extended the voting period 3 days. Republican poll watchers ejected from several large sites. 400% turn out in some Democrat precincts. About 200000 Biden votes arrive 3am. 6000 votes suddenly flip from Trump to Biden. Thousands of Mail-in ballots are registered and recorded before they are even sent out.
Please name some precincts with 400% turnout.

Please cite the legislation that the Republican controlled House and Republican controlled Senate in Pennsylvania passed in the days before the election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apologeticsislying

Post by Apologeticsislying » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:34 am

Saidnobody
but I know what love is, and fraud.
The first possibly, the second, not at all.
The same energy that emerges from the fountain of eternity into time, is the Holy Grail at the center of the universe of the inexhaustible vitality in each of our hearts. The Holy Grail, like the Kingdom of God, is within. -Joseph Campbell-

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:51 am

shrugged wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:24 am
SaidNobody wrote: But explain these things to me.

Please name some precincts with 400% turnout.

Please cite the legislation that the Republican controlled House and Republican controlled Senate in Pennsylvania passed in the days before the election.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I cannot name specific precincts as that takes a level of detail that I don't have the time and energy to involve myself. But they were in Michigan in the Detroit area. This happens with Hillary too except it was not as bad. Back then it was only 150% or thereabouts. This was why the poll canvassers couldn't validate the election. But in high style they and their families were threatened until they conceded.

No I cannot name the legislation passed by the republicans legislators in Pennsylvania. But that is only because there was no legislation passed by the Republicans in Pennsylvania. The governor, the attorney general, and a select judge passed it all a few days before the election. Why did they do that if they didn't have the right, you ask?

They shouldn't have That's why it was illegal.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:04 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:55 pm
Evidence isn't as simple as a court throwing the case out...
So that's a big NO.
SaidNobody wrote:
...I could really use some trust in my fellow Americans right now.
Maybe the answer is that you need to just do that, start trusting the people who are tasked with making informed judgments more than you trust the rumor/conspiracy sources. Of course you would say the same to me, but that's all I've got for you, SN. It is really unfair that good trusting people get stuck with the need to create a defense for Trump when he and his legal team are not able to do so for themselves. It is an enormous burden. I know it well from all those years I felt like it was my responsibility to defend the Book of Abraham even when my leaders weren't able to serve up any meat.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:34 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:04 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Evidence isn't as simple as a court throwing the case out...
So that's a big NO.
SaidNobody wrote:
...I could really use some trust in my fellow Americans right now.
Maybe the answer is that you need to just do that, start trusting the people who are tasked with making informed judgments more than you trust the rumor/conspiracy sources. Of course you would say the same to me, but that's all I've got for you, SN. It is really unfair that good trusting people get stuck with the need to create a defense for Trump when he and his legal team are not able to do so for themselves. It is an enormous burden. I know it well from all those years I felt like it was my responsibility to defend the Book of Abraham even when my leaders weren't able to serve up any meat.
You are mixing apples and oranges here. Church and State are different animals.

There a certain amount of reality to the idea that you and I don't even exist. But we defend the illusions with such vigor that is become truth. So defending points of faith, even if not truth, is soul building practice. Because, well, all of this is an illusion.

But is something that rules over everything (in the theory) for the purpose of justice, ownership, safety, trade, etc. We all have to agree on say, how much a dollar is worth, so to speak. I don't just trust. I trust when it seems the best thing to do. Right now, trusting the government is the worst mistake we could make. When I say that I could use some trust, I mean most people I discuss this sort of thing would just as soon see me dead, or locked up, rather than consider there might have been a fraud. When Trump was accused of being helped by Russia, I was concerned and researched it. But evidence actually points the other way.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:12 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:34 pm
I mean most people I discuss this sort of thing would just as soon see me dead, or locked up, rather than consider there might have been a fraud.
I seriously doubt that. Maybe a good place to start would be to try to take yourself a little less seriously and extend a little bit good will to others who don't drink the same flavor of Kool-Aid.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:24 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 1:12 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 12:34 pm
I mean most people I discuss this sort of thing would just as soon see me dead, or locked up, rather than consider there might have been a fraud.
I seriously doubt that. Maybe a good place to start would be to try to take yourself a little less seriously and extend a little bit good will to others who don't drink the same flavor of Kool-Aid.
I'm sorry that I don't sound convincing. I have been told at least 20 times today that they would just as soon that I die.

I tried to not take myself terribly seriously. But this is a serious subject to me. I do appreciate you guys engaging in respectful conversation.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:25 pm

A judge in Pennsylvania has put a stop to the certification of the Pennsylvania election. The Republican legislators of Pennsylvania had a meeting in Gettysburg where they are rallying to challenge the election.

So as of 11/25/2020 and 4:25 p.m. there seems to be a different wind blowing in the US election.

hmb

Post by hmb » Wed Nov 25, 2020 5:46 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 8:43 am
Hagoth wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 4:45 pm
Today's news:
Michigan certified Biden's win and the General Services Administration (GSA) has formally designated Joe Biden the winner of the election and will now make federal resources available to the Biden administration and begin the process of of transition. Goodbye Mr. Trump.
Just out of curiosity. If it could be proven that there was fraud in this election and that Trump did win, would you be honest and accept the result or maintain the fraud?

It's just a hypothetical question.
I keep telling those who believe the election was rigged, to produce the evidence. I would be terribly disappointed, but I would pay attention. No evidence has been produced. None. There has been no proof of wide spread fraud. All of the conclusions, up to now, reinforce Biden's victory. You can keep arguing, but unless someone or something shows proof, all you are doing is beating the same damn, dead horse. I find your evidence-less arguments quite entertaining. I'm not even convinced you believe your Trump dribble, but just love to stir the pot. One of my many siblings loves to troll. He will argue for whatever side gets him the best, most negative reactions. I don't understand the passion to cause chaos, but it's pretty easy to do hiding behind the Internet.

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:49 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:37 pm
The Washington Post notes that "As of July 9, the tally in our database stands at 20,055 claims in 1,267 days". Trump holds the world record of most documented lies told by a world leader in history. Trump is a pathological liar, meaning he will tell lies even when it is not for his exclusive benefit.

People who are into record-keeping have documented his many lies. Even lies told before he became President. Lies and cheating going back to his first forays into the real estate business. Just google "Donald Trump Lies".
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Nov 25, 2020 7:03 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:25 pm
So as of 11/25/2020 and 4:25 p.m. there seems to be a different wind blowing in the US election.
Could be the treasonous armed coup phase; could simply be the corrupt pardon phase of a failed Trump coup. The last part of pardoning Flynn seems more the actions of a two-bit criminal than a would-be power-mad dictator, but we shall see.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 25, 2020 9:23 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 6:49 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Nov 24, 2020 6:37 pm
The Washington Post notes that "As of July 9, the tally in our database stands at 20,055 claims in 1,267 days". Trump holds the world record of most documented lies told by a world leader in history. Trump is a pathological liar, meaning he will tell lies even when it is not for his exclusive benefit.

People who are into record-keeping have documented his many lies. Even lies told before he became President. Lies and cheating going back to his first forays into the real estate business. Just google "Donald Trump Lies".
Yeah, I did. I didn't go through all, but the first 50 or so were completely false. By that I mean, he said stuff like, "I think, or I believe, or I predict" or similar. But the Washington Post lies so that they say Trump lies doesn't prove anything. And so, maybe you could pick ONE Lie that we can discuss, that would be great.