Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
hmb

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Tue Nov 15, 2022 12:28 pm

Cnsl1 wrote:
Mon Nov 14, 2022 11:59 pm
Something about a melting pot, things start blending together and looking the same. I always thought that wasn't the right metaphor. I think I'd like our country to be more of a tossed salad. And to be the best salad, we need all the ingredients to be what they are.

Let's not put it in the blender like my grandfather did. Drinking your meals isn't that much fun.
Sometimes drinking a meal is delightful (not sparingly, but within reason ;) ).

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Tue Nov 15, 2022 10:50 pm

My grandfather did plenty of that as well.

Let's just not drink our meals from the blender, gramps, unless it's mostly tequila and rhymes with fargaritta.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:09 am

Elves vs Reindeer, soon it will be a Santa red wave... the likes of which you've never seen. Those boys and girls who have been conspiring against Santa and giving FAKE NEWS will soon learn the wrath of SANTA!!!

Let's not put it in the blender like my grandfather did. Drinking your meals isn't that much fun.
I think it was Jack LaLanne who started that so-called "Juicer" movement and look at all that had led to: Mueslix and avocado toast!
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Thu Nov 17, 2022 5:46 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Nov 17, 2022 10:09 am
Elves vs Reindeer, soon it will be a Santa red wave... the likes of which you've never seen. Those boys and girls who have been conspiring against Santa and giving FAKE NEWS will soon learn the wrath of SANTA!!!
At first I confusingly read this as Elvis vs Reindeer.

Yeah yeah...Santa the big victim.