Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 03, 2023 4:55 pm

Judge Engron from the Trump fraud trial has finally issued a gag order to Trump for making posts against his staff during the trial. That is so unhinged. Even Al Capone was better behaved during his trials.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:58 pm

Months after leaving the White House, former President Donald Trump allegedly discussed potentially sensitive information about U.S. nuclear submarines with a member of his Mar-a-Lago Club -- an Australian billionaire who then allegedly shared the information with scores of others, including more than a dozen foreign officials, several of his own employees, and a handful of journalists, according to sources familiar with the matter.

In emails and conversations after meeting with Trump, Pratt described Trump's remarks to at least 45 others, including six journalists, 11 of his company's employees, 10 Australian officials, and three former Australian prime ministers, the sources told ABC News.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/after-white-h ... =103760456
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Oct 05, 2023 6:47 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Oct 05, 2023 4:58 pm
Months after leaving the White House, former President Donald Trump allegedly discussed potentially sensitive information about U.S. nuclear submarines with a member of his Mar-a-Lago Club -- an Australian billionaire who then allegedly shared the information with scores of others, including more than a dozen foreign officials, several of his own employees, and a handful of journalists, according to sources familiar with the matter.

In emails and conversations after meeting with Trump, Pratt described Trump's remarks to at least 45 others, including six journalists, 11 of his company's employees, 10 Australian officials, and three former Australian prime ministers, the sources told ABC News.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/after-white-h ... =103760456
And this is not treason because...?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Oct 19, 2023 10:42 am

Sidney Powell plead guilty in the Georgia case and is now cooperating with the prosecution. I guess this is what happens when you don't pay your sleazy lawyers.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

moksha

Re: Keeping up with your mamma

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 20, 2023 11:27 am

Why did the name Trump get changed to your mamma? Has NOM been hacked?
-- Moksha

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Fri Oct 20, 2023 12:58 pm

Haha.

It seems the name of the Cheeto-colored-guy has become a swear word on NOM.

Type in T-RUMP without a dash and it gets replaced.

Trump

Trump

Trump

Trump

Trump

HaHa. Such fun!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:03 pm

A certain moderator who will go unnamed made that switch. Let's try some other alternates:

tRump (small t, capital R)

T.R.U.M.P.

Pumpkinhead

Bidensbane

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Trump

hmb

Post by hmb » Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:14 pm

Oh, hahaha. You weren't kidding.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:12 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:03 pm
A certain moderator who will go unnamed made that switch. Let's try some other alternates:
What was their reasoning? Was it to avoid criticizing Trumpski?*** Would they consider inserting an unrelated substitute phrase for the word Mormon?

*** I know a lot of Mormons, Russians, and Evangelicals are still big Trumpski fans.

Hacked by a moderator?!!!
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:55 am

I went back to read some of the old, more confrontational, posts in this thread. Whether knocking or defending him, Trump's name change is hysterical.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:43 am

hmb wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 4:55 am
I went back to read some of the old, more confrontational, posts in this thread. Whether knocking or defending him, your mamma's name change is hysterical.
Can the moderator change it to “Your Momma”?

Mamma looks like we are talking about your momma’s momma.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:49 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 10:12 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Fri Oct 20, 2023 5:03 pm
What was their reasoning? Was it to avoid criticizing Trumpski?*** Would they consider inserting an unrelated substitute phrase for the word Mormon?

*** I know a lot of Mormons, Russians, and Evangelicals are still big Trumpski fans.

Hacked by a moderator?!!!
I know only one penguin that pretends to know what he don’t know. Why do you insist on making sh** up about people you have never met?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sun Oct 22, 2023 8:27 am

What? Bring back the autocorrect. That was hilarious.

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:08 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:49 am
I know only one penguin that pretends to know what he don’t know. Why do you insist on making sh** up about people you have never met?
Binger, even though you've taken on a different persona here that does not continually sow chaos, you act snotty toward me. Is that because you realize I have experienced your true self elsewhere? Hey, I was simply a spectator and not one of the people continually curb-stomping you for your behavior.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:41 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 5:08 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sat Oct 21, 2023 6:49 am
Binger, even though you've taken on a different persona here that does not continually sow chaos, you act snotty toward me. Is that because you realize I have experienced your true self elsewhere? Hey, I was simply a spectator and not one of the people continually curb-stomping you for your behavior.
By elsewhere, do you mean places where I go by Binger? Are you bringing that into NOM again? I am not acting snotty toward you. I am asking you why you insist on maligning people that you do not know. Particularly, I am curious why you use stereotypes to do that. In a conversation, you made things up suggesting that Mormons would strap on bombs and enter a crowd. That is not kind, not true, and not based on facts. Do not take it personally when I question why you would assert something so damn awful. I am genuinely curious what motivates such a heinous suggestion about people - when you do not have any basis for the suggestion.

Perhaps if you did not stereotype people, which is a form of bigotry, I would believe you about your so-called known Russians, Mormons, and Evangelicals.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:03 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Mon Oct 23, 2023 7:41 pm
Do not take it personally when I question why you would assert something so damn awful.
Your making things personal results immediately in people taking things personally. I want you to get off my back and leave me alone.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:49 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:03 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Do not take it personally when I question why you would assert something so damn awful.
Your making things personal results immediately in people taking things personally. I want you to get off my back and leave me alone.
That’s great, Moksha. I applaud your request. I am not on your back. This is not a wrestling match. You are part of a group forum here. You are not alone. You can click on the link in the top left corner to see all the members of the forum.

If you were to make your request without using metaphors i believe it would be something like this:

“I, Moksha, want to make stereotyping or bigoted comments about Mormons, Russians, Evangelicals, Republicans and anyone who associates with candidates and ideologies that I do not like, and I would like to only have positive or affirming feedback when I make those comments. Additionally, I would like to make personal comments about a forum member and not have that person react to my comments.”

alas

Post by alas » Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:45 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:49 am
moksha wrote:
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
That’s great, Moksha. I applaud your request. I am not on your back. This is not a wrestling match. You are part of a group forum here. You are not alone. You can click on the link in the top left corner to see all the members of the forum.

If you were to make your request without using metaphors i believe it would be something like this:

“I, Moksha, want to make stereotyping or bigoted comments about Mormons, Russians, Evangelicals, Republicans and anyone who associates with candidates and ideologies that I do not like, and I would like to only have positive or affirming feedback when I make those comments. Additionally, I would like to make personal comments about a forum member and not have that person react to my comments.”
Actually, Moksha’s request might sound something like this, “I would like to be able to exaggerate to the ridiculous to make a joke and have people understand that I am exaggerating to the point of ridiculous and not take it as literal.”

Most of us here do understand that about our penguin and don’t take him literally. And when he does get real, we have to read what he wrote three more times to figure out that he really was serious. His joking exaggerated point was that some Mormons worship Trump as the Lord’s anointed to save the world in the last days from the evil baby eating Librals. And he is right that SOME Mormons are that….brainwashed, and he is way exaggerating because I don’t think any of them are that for gone. But my point being, that I got what he said as a joke, and you attacked him for it.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Oct 24, 2023 12:49 pm

alas wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 10:45 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Oct 24, 2023 6:49 am
moksha wrote:

Actually, Moksha’s request might sound something like this, “I would like to be able to exaggerate to the ridiculous to make a joke and have people understand that I am exaggerating to the point of ridiculous and not take it as literal.”

Most of us here do understand that about our penguin and don’t take him literally. And when he does get real, we have to read what he wrote three more times to figure out that he really was serious. His joking exaggerated point was that some Mormons worship Trump as the Lord’s anointed to save the world in the last days from the evil baby eating Librals. And he is right that SOME Mormons are that….brainwashed, and he is way exaggerating because I don’t think any of them are that for gone. But my point being, that I got what he said as a joke, and you attacked him for it.
I did not attack anyone.

I am pointing out the absurdity of the stereotyping and bigotry and asking for an explanation. Is it agreed that absurd bigotry and stereotyping is funny? If so, can we also accept that a response to absurd stereotyping and bigotry is funny?