Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:36 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:28 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:05 pm
Hope ........... proposed bloodbath.
In your own words, you said, "hope" and "proposed bloodbath."

Are they correct? We are correct to be concerned about you and by you? Who will you kill first?
My exact quote: "Hope that does not lead to Trump's proposed bloodbath."

Is defending Trump leading you to a brain short circuit?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Mar 21, 2024 10:48 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 2:36 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Mar 20, 2024 6:28 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Mar 19, 2024 10:05 pm
Hope ........... proposed bloodbath.
In your own words, you said, "hope" and "proposed bloodbath."

Are they correct? We are correct to be concerned about you and by you? Who will you kill first?
My exact quote: "Hope that does not lead to Trump's proposed bloodbath."

Is defending Trump leading you to a brain short circuit?
Oh, so you would like your quotes to be considered in full and in context? That is an interesting twist. You seemed like you prefer that quotes be taken completely out of context, that a conspiracy be attached to the out of context quote, that you act on that conspiracy that you have theorized and that you spend your time acting the victim of the catastrophized conspiracy.

If you have changed, and you think context matters, congratulations. That is great, moksha.

I am not defending Trump. Your reading comprehension could use a lot of work. But, regarding your quote that you would like to have considered in full - Trump did not propose a bloodbath, liar. I am not defending Trump, I just prefer to deal with facts and common sense.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:34 am

Time for everyone to revise their conspiracy, their theory and their conspiracy theory.
NEW: Frank Luntz Warns CNN Seizing Donald Trump's Properties Will Backfire: "You Are Going to Elect Donald Trump"

"He’s going to go up in the polls just like he went up every single time they indicted him."

"If the New York Attorney General starts to take his homes away, starts to seize his assets, it's all going to be on camera, pundits are going to sit there and scream about this, and you're going to create the greatest victimhood of 2024."

"You are going to elect Donald Trump."

"Why is Donald Trump beating Joe Biden when he's got 85 indictments? Felonies? Trump is leading, and in the seven swing states, Trump is up by the margin of error in five out of seven; why is that happening?"

Luntz, who isn't a Trump supporter, realizes that the American people do not want to see their country turn into a banana republic.

Americans do not want to see the party in power imprisoning political adversaries and confiscating their assets, not for clear crimes like murder or bribery, but rather based on novel and dubious interpretations of the law.

If the legal system can be weaponized against a former president, what hope does an ordinary American citizen have?
I am not a Trump supporter. I am not a registered voter. I will NOT sanction elections that facilitate fraud by mailing out unsolicited ballots.

If anyone is stupid enough to think that seizing political opponents' assets based on the decision of a democrat DA and democrat judge will have a positive outcome - that believer is batshit effing crazy and stupid. It will make make democrats, McConnell and the Lincoln Project cream themselves, but that will require more detergent and water and energy to do the laundry. Not a good outcome for the environment.

I think that Leticia and this judge have sold out and they can't stop the train. This has gone too far and they can't fix it.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:06 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:34 am

"Trump is up by the margin of error in five out of seven; why is that happening?"
The same reason The Sopranos won Emmy Awards and was such a big hit. Criminals add a measure of excitement to the otherwise less exciting lives of law-abiding citizens. Same reason people used to attend book burnings and hangings. Ladies used to ask the Headsman to dip their handkerchiefs in the blood of the beheaded.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:42 pm

moksha wrote:
Sat Mar 23, 2024 12:06 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Fri Mar 22, 2024 10:34 am

"Trump is up by the margin of error in five out of seven; why is that happening?"
The same reason The Sopranos won Emmy Awards and was such a big hit. Criminals add a measure of excitement to the otherwise less exciting lives of law-abiding citizens. Same reason people used to attend book burnings and hangings. Ladies used to ask the Headsman to dip their handkerchiefs in the blood of the beheaded.
That is one hell of a conspiracy theory. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Apr 02, 2024 12:00 pm

Russia and China are ramping up their campaign support for Trump in the 2024 election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xM6d9nWEEiI

When these adverserial countries wish to harm America they realize the best way is to support Trump.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm

Trump's hush money trial is ongoing, while the trial regarding his attempted coup to thwart the United States Constitution and become an unelected dictator is stalled while the Supreme Court considers the issue.
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Wed Apr 17, 2024 5:07 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:55 pm
Trump's hush money trial is ongoing, while the trial regarding his attempted coup to thwart the United States Constitution and become an unelected dictator is stalled while the Supreme Court considers the issue.
That the Supreme Court even took the case concerns me. They could have left it to the lower court's decision, as it was solid. It's going to be an interesting year, come what may.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:01 am

Trump's defense that a president cannot be held accountable for any actions is incredibly lazy and transparent. If he took two seconds to think about what he's saying he would see that it also applies to Biden, Obama, Clinton...
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Apr 18, 2024 7:51 pm

The Trump-Fox News-MAGA coalition has sprung into action to begin juror intimidation in Trump's latest criminal trial. It has already resulted in one juror leaving. In the interim, it would be well for New York to issue a gag order on Jesse Watters from Fox. Wish this coalition was not such a lawless bunch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0G3MybKXWsg

Can you imagine responding to a jury summons, answering questions in an impartial manner, being branded by a Fox Anchor as probably Trump unfriendly, and then being subject to unending death threats by crazed Trump followers?
-- Moksha