Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:35 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:17 am
Wow..... wow. The bigoted projection and unfounded accusations are noted.

Seems that these jew-hating accusations are all a projection, moksha. Any chance you are going to put down your projections for just a minute and answer any or all of my questions?
Must you try to excuse Trump's past and current misdeeds by personal attacks?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:41 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:35 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:17 am
Wow..... wow. The bigoted projection and unfounded accusations are noted.

Seems that these jew-hating accusations are all a projection, moksha. Any chance you are going to put down your projections for just a minute and answer any or all of my questions?
Must you try to excuse any of Trump's past and current misdeeds by personal attacks?
Uh...... I said nothing about Trump's past and misdeeds.

Must you disparage people and make baseless accusations about Mormons and people that speak a second language? This is a mormon discussion board, and you just made an accusation that mormons who served missions in Germany are going to align with the church to re-create the Third Reich. Telling you that this disparagement is unkind, unfounded, and quite possibly deranged, is not an excuse for Trump's misdeeds. It is, rather, a rejection and a record that your disgusting disparagement of people you do not know is a reflection of your personal ill will toward others and not the consensus of this forum.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:27 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 10:41 am
Must you disparage people and make baseless accusations about Mormons and people that speak a second language? This is a mormon discussion board, and you just made an accusation that mormons who served missions in Germany are going to align with the church to re-create the Third Reich. Telling you that this disparagement is unkind, unfounded, and quite possibly deranged, is not an excuse for Trump's misdeeds. It is, rather, a rejection and a record that your disgusting disparagement of people you do not know is a reflection of your personal ill will toward others and not the consensus of this forum.
Mayan, I know this is some sort of game with you, but some of those accusations sound unhinged. Are you trying to ape the unhinged rants of Donald Trump?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:39 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:27 pm
Mayan, I know this is some sort of game with you, but some of those accusations sound unhinged. Are you trying to ape the unhinged rants of Donald Trump?
moksha wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 9:43 am
It is a great thing that the military refused to be used by Trump in his attempt to end democracy and become a dictator, however, the voters will have a chance to end American democracy once again next November and begin a new Reich.

Many Utahns have served German-speaking missions, so between that and existing obedience to the Church, a new authoritarian regime will be a piece of cake.
No, mokshy. I am not aping a damn thing. I am also not laughing.

This is the new order mormon forum. It is a forum to talk about mormon topics, among other fun or lighter things. You have once again shown a bigoted disdain for mormons that you do not know and that you enjoy judging from a distance. I have quoted your prejudice above. Your suggestion, while it may have made you laugh, does not make me laugh. I do not think anyone who went on a mission for the church and who remains active in the church is what you describe. I do, however, think that your judgment says something about you.

Allow me, in this polite discussion, to ask, if you don't mind - what other voters do you believe will vote to end democracy and begin a new Reich? Just how wide is this unfounded conspiracy of yours? For what it is worth, I do not know of any ballots that have a yes/no for democracy. I do not know anyone that is planning to vote "no" on democracy and vote "yes" on a new Reich. And neither do you.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:18 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:39 pm
Allow me, in this polite discussion, to ask, if you don't mind - what other voters do you believe will vote to end democracy and begin a new Reich?
Good question. Here are my estimates:

LDS - 60%
Evangelicals - 75%
Republicans - 95%

This is of course assuming that Donald Trump is the Republican candidate which seems likely. My guess is that all the hyper-patriotism and reverence for the Constitution these groups droned on about was just a farce, and they are happy to abandon that farce when the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you for asking that question politely and not making it into a personal attack.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:58 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 5:18 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Dec 06, 2023 3:39 pm
Allow me, in this polite discussion, to ask, if you don't mind - what other voters do you believe will vote to end democracy and begin a new Reich?
Good question. Here are my estimates:

LDS - 60%
Evangelicals - 75%
Republicans - 95%

This is of course assuming that Donald Trump is the Republican candidate which seems likely. My guess is that all the hyper-patriotism and reverence for the Constitution these groups droned on about was just a farce, and they are happy to abandon that farce when the opportunity presents itself.

Thank you for asking that question politely and not making it into a personal attack.
Okay. So you conspire that a vote for Trump is not actually a vote for Trump? You conspire that it is a vote for a Reich and a vote for dissolution of democracy.

I propose that you simply surrender to the fact that a vote for Trump is, well, a vote for Trump.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Dec 12, 2023 9:18 am

Uh oh. Looks like they found the Nazi again.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:50 pm

The Colorado Supreme Court has ruled that Trump may not appear on that State's ballot due to his insurrection.

Perhaps Colorado Republicans could substitute Jodi Hildebrandt and Ruby Franke as their party's nominees.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Dec 19, 2023 10:40 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Dec 19, 2023 6:50 pm
The Colorado Supreme Court has ruled that Trump may not appear on that State's ballot due to his insurrection.

Perhaps Colorado Republicans could substitute Jodi Hildebrandt and Ruby Franke as their party's nominees.
Blocking a candidate from running is the insurrection. Pay attention to the process.

Who said this:
Every American should be troubled by the Colorado Supreme Court’s decision to remove President Trump from the ballot.
For what it is worth, I agree with that statement. If the decision stands, there will not be a democracy nor a republic - by definition neither of those will apply in Colorado.

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:57 am

"Every American should be troubled by the choices that they have for presidential candidates."

Who said that?

Me.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:39 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:57 am
"Every American should be troubled by the choices that they have for presidential candidates."

Who said that?

Me.
Hey C, would you rather have a likeable candidate win a fakeass election, or have a jackass win a credible election?

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:22 am

Here is an interesting video from the Republican Accountability Project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dzr-NIq2BM&t=61s

New Ad: Dictator Donald
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Dec 23, 2023 8:20 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 3:22 am
Here is an interesting video from the Republican Accountability Project:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dzr-NIq2BM&t=61s

New Ad: Dictator Donald
What is interesting about it?

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:05 pm

deacon blues wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:56 pm
"For Christian fundamentalists, being taught to suppress critical thinking begins at a very early age. It is the combination of the brain’s vulnerability to believing unsupported facts and aggressive indoctrination that create the perfect storm for gullibility. Due to the brain’s neuroplasticity, or ability to be sculpted by lived experiences, evangelicals literally become hardwired to believe far-fetched statements."
Here is a live example of this in the wild. Notice the crazy look in the eyes and the nonsense spouting. Some are too far gone for help and end up advocating murderous intentions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaItLW8 ... yevyIgxLGp
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Dec 23, 2023 10:18 pm

moksha wrote:
Sat Dec 23, 2023 6:05 pm
deacon blues wrote:
Tue Nov 14, 2023 5:56 pm
"For Christian fundamentalists, being taught to suppress critical thinking begins at a very early age. It is the combination of the brain’s vulnerability to believing unsupported facts and aggressive indoctrination that create the perfect storm for gullibility. Due to the brain’s neuroplasticity, or ability to be sculpted by lived experiences, evangelicals literally become hardwired to believe far-fetched statements."
Here is a live example of this in the wild. Notice the crazy look in the eyes and the nonsense spouting. Some are too far gone for help and end up advocating murderous intentions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaItLW8 ... yevyIgxLGp
Are liberal ideologues taught to suppress critical thinking at an early age, not early age, regular age, and late age?

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Tue Dec 26, 2023 2:26 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 7:39 am
Cnsl1 wrote:
Wed Dec 20, 2023 4:57 am

Who said that?

Me.
Hey C, would you rather have a likeable candidate win a fakeass election, or have a jackass win a credible election?

Like probably most of you, IDKSAF, so I try to research where I can and have interest, try to avoid confirmation bias by looking to disprove my bias, try to check the sources, and bottom line have to rely on the preponderance of available data. Probably like many of you, I rub shoulders with more republiguns than democraps, so get a lot of their ideas, thoughts, and data.

MY take, trusting my own brain and whatever good sense I have, understanding that I, like all the rest of you, still have biases based on our history, education and personality, find myself on the side of the preponderance of data. Trump is likely more dangerous than Biden. While I don't like either one of them, at this point in time if I voted right now, I would choose Biden over Trump. I stand by my assertion that we as Americans should be appalled at our lack of good choices. There is a great deal of power in the two parties.

To answer your rhetorical question, which I'm guessing to you is not rhetorical, I would again assert that we have poor choices, so I really don't know. It would depend on what I felt was the least objectionable in the long run.

I do not support a guy who foments a violent "rebellion" over allegations of a fake election. If it WAS fake, which the data don't support, there is a better way to fight it. Again, imo.

In the same vein, I don't feel sorry for the two idiot AZ supervisors who now face legal troubles over their opposition to the election that went overwhelming conservative in their county. They went against legal counsel and became unhinged by the prevalent trumpish narrative. Again, IMO.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:06 pm

It was not rhetorical.

I would rather not vote than participate in a process that mails out unsolicited ballots. I dont think a few hundred people walking into the capital after a year of bullshit riots across the country is an insurrection. I dont think that asking the congress to follow the constitution is insurrectiony. I think an open border is an actual disregard for the rules and the process and the democracy and the republic.

If showing an ID is a problem for voting, then just cancel all voting and lets fight instead. I mean Jesus Christ, an ID to vote is just normal. If we cant have normal we aint got a damn thing.

So meh. Who cares? Biden is old and insane and he is promoting an open border. Trump will exploit the populist opportunity again. And the only insurrection I see is the endless wars and open borders.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:39 pm

In case you were wondering why people still vote for Trump and why he is kicking everyone's ass in the primaries - your reaction to this is why.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:42 am

I'm sure if Trump gets elected it will all be very entertaining to his followers. Until it isn't anymore. But then, we only care about entertainment value, don't we?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:52 am

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 7:42 am
I'm sure if Trump gets elected it will all be very entertaining to his followers. Until it isn't anymore. But then, we only care about entertainment value, don't we?
Nah. I actually think it is the exact opposite of that.

I mean, what in the hell is more entertaining than a president with dementia, his cracksmoking son, and 8 million illegal aliens? There is a ton of entertainment in that. Lots and lots and lots. But the entertainment is not the only thing we care about.

Entertainment is low on the list. The reason people will vote for Trump is your reaction to this: