Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Cnsl1

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Cnsl1 » Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:23 pm

I just heard that RFK Jr has thrown his hat in as a Independent? That's probably good news.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Dec 28, 2023 12:30 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Wed Dec 27, 2023 8:23 pm
I just heard that RFK Jr has thrown his hat in as a Independent? That's probably good news.
RFK Jr did that some time ago.

I dont think he has Perot-like potential.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Jan 03, 2024 9:15 pm

Using his own words against him:

https://www.youtube.com/shorts/9nCrkAD3Wf4
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 am

So, the Democrats have a concrete paper trail showing that Trump was doing exactly what the Republicans are accusing Biden of, but failing to find any proof. Will Republicans hold Trump to the same standard? I'm gonna say no.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/04/us/p ... fb766be622
Donald J. Trump’s businesses received at least $7.8 million from 20 foreign governments during his presidency, according to new documents released by House Democrats on Thursday that show how much he received from overseas transactions while he was in the White House, most of it from China.

The transactions, detailed in a 156-page report called “White House For Sale” that was produced by Democrats on the House Oversight Committee, offer concrete evidence that the former president engaged in the kind of conduct that House Republicans have labored, so far unsuccessfully, to prove that President Biden did as they work to build an impeachment case against him.

”By elevating his personal financial interests and the policy priorities of corrupt foreign powers over the American public interest, former President Trump violated both the clear commands of the Constitution and the careful precedent set and observed by every previous commander in chief,” Representative Jamie Raskin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the Oversight Committee, wrote in a foreword to the report.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:25 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 8:28 am
So, the Democrats have a concrete paper trail showing that Trump was doing exactly what the Republicans are accusing Biden of, but failing to find any proof. Will Republicans hold Trump to the same standard? I'm gonna say no.

https://www.nytimes.com/2024/01/04/us/p ... fb766be622
Donald J. Trump’s businesses received at least $7.8 million from 20 foreign governments during his presidency, according to new documents released by House Democrats on Thursday that show how much he received from overseas transactions while he was in the White House, most of it from China.

The transactions, detailed in a 156-page report called “White House For Sale” that was produced by Democrats on the House Oversight Committee, offer concrete evidence that the former president engaged in the kind of conduct that House Republicans have labored, so far unsuccessfully, to prove that President Biden did as they work to build an impeachment case against him.

”By elevating his personal financial interests and the policy priorities of corrupt foreign powers over the American public interest, former President Trump violated both the clear commands of the Constitution and the careful precedent set and observed by every previous commander in chief,” Representative Jamie Raskin of Maryland, the top Democrat on the Oversight Committee, wrote in a foreword to the report.
Hagoth, do you by chance see any differences between Trump's businesses and Biden's so-called businesses? Any at all? Anything?

Here is what I expect to hear incessantly until the first Tuesday after the first Monday of November:
  • Trump got paid so if Biden got paid Biden is great and Trump is a POS.
  • January 6, J6, 1/6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6, January 6, J6
  • Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection. Rigging an election is not insurrection but saying an election was janky AF is an insurrection.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:27 pm

Based on Joe Biden's financial statements he's made public, he doesn't own any businesses.

For 2020, he seemed to have a more limited income stream.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatin ... 178e732d78

discusses incomes for 2017/18
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... in-income/

The payments made to Joe Biden by Hunter and James from their (admittedly strange) businesses do not seem to be kickbacks but personal loan payments.
https://oversight.house.gov/release/com ... joe-biden/

So from a cursory search, there seems to be a lot of differences between Joe and Donald's businesses. Joe doesn't seem to have any. Rather positions with universities, book deals, speaking engagements and so on.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:11 pm

Mayan, you should have the Russian hackers give your programming an integrity check. Needless repetitions of bogus answers could be some capacitor problem.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:21 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:11 pm
Mayan, you should have the Russian hackers give your programming an integrity check. Needless repetitions of bogus answers could be some capacitor problem.
Have you ever answered one of my questions?

You seem content on just wallowing in conspiracy theories, rambling incoherently, and avoiding dialogue.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:23 pm

dogbite wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 1:27 pm
Based on Joe Biden's financial statements he's made public, he doesn't own any businesses.

For 2020, he seemed to have a more limited income stream.
https://www.forbes.com/sites/michelatin ... 178e732d78

discusses incomes for 2017/18
https://thehill.com/homenews/campaign/4 ... in-income/

The payments made to Joe Biden by Hunter and James from their (admittedly strange) businesses do not seem to be kickbacks but personal loan payments.
https://oversight.house.gov/release/com ... joe-biden/

So from a cursory search, there seems to be a lot of differences between Joe and Donald's businesses. Joe doesn't seem to have any. Rather positions with universities, book deals, speaking engagements and so on.
These are massive distinctions. HUGE. And very relevant. Your post highlights the credibility gap very well. Thank you.

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:41 pm

Yes, the lack of fraud, on Bidens part

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:49 pm

dogbite wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:41 pm
Yes, the lack of fraud, on Bidens part
Your post does not make that point though this may be your interpretation. The point that I took from your post is that one person was operating a business and another was getting payments without an actual business.

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:15 pm

My brother does his real estate speculation the same way. He loans to the spec builders with the land as his collateral. And a bonus at sale. He has no business as such. He does have a contract/loan form.

And families often lend money to other members.

Can you prove it wasn't a loan?

You know those amounts trigger automatic government tracking/review? Form 8300 I think it is.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:02 pm

dogbite wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 5:15 pm
My brother does his real estate speculation the same way. He loans to the spec builders with the land as his collateral. And a bonus at sale. He has no business as such. He does have a contract/loan form.

And families often lend money to other members.

Can you prove it wasn't a loan?

You know those amounts trigger automatic government tracking/review? Form 8300 I think it is.
Prove? Is this a math test?

If you are asking for evidence - I have none. If you are offering evidence - you have none. We are the samesees like that. I did not ask for nor offer a damn thing, other than agree with the distinction between one person having a business and the other having, allegedly, a cough, mmmhmmmm,,,, family lending business.. cough.

I have no evidence and but I have stayed at the Trump Hotel - is that indisputable evidence maybe?

dogbite

Post by dogbite » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:04 pm

You're always asking for a source, evidence for our statements.

Your interpretation is conspiracy without evidence. And that's worthless. Your turn to put to our shut up.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:47 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:25 am

Hagoth, do you by chance see any differences between Trump's businesses and Biden's so-called businesses? Any at all? Anything?
I'll just say that it's hard to compare apples to oranges when you have a bag of apples but the orange guys can't seem to actually find the oranges they are certain must be out there somewhere.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:48 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 4:11 pm
I dunno. It works for Trump.

I watched it as it happened. I watched what Trump said and did, and what he did not say and do. Maybe you thought it was all just good fun, but it sure looked like insurrection to me.

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:00 pm

dogbite wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:04 pm
You're always asking for a source, evidence for our statements.

Your interpretation is conspiracy without evidence. And that's worthless. Your turn to put to our shut up.
No. I am the EXACT opposite of that, but nice projection. I am the evidence without conspiracy guy. What am I being asked to put up? So far, I am merely saying that without evidence, it is all just bullshit, conspiracy, clickbait and memes.

Is it up to you to provide evidence that there is no evidence of plates of gold with some reformed Egyptian cartoons engraved? Or, can you just dismiss the whole conspiracy unless the damn plates show up? I am the latter. You seem to be the former. Am I wrong?

Mayan_Elephant

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:01 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:47 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:25 am

I'll just say that it's hard to compare apples to oranges when you have a bag of apples but the orange guys can't seem to actually find the oranges they are certain must be out there somewhere.
Or, one has hotels and one has a so-called family lending business - as has been discussed. Something like that. See man, we agree on a ton of stuff.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:40 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:48 pm
I watched it as it happened. I watched what Trump said and did, and what he did not say and do. Maybe you thought it was all just good fun, but it sure looked like insurrection to me.
It was far from good fun. It was an attempt to convert the American nation into a dictatorship. A narcissist wanting to wear the one ring and rule us all.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:45 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:00 pm
I am the evidence without conspiracy guy.
No, you are a glitched program from somewhere in the Russian hacker's collective bent on harming America, by backing a failed dictator, with nonsensical rhetoric.
-- Moksha