Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:30 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:45 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 7:00 pm
I am the evidence without conspiracy guy.
No, you are a glitched program from somewhere in the Russian hacker's collective bent on harming America, by backing a failed dictator, with nonsensical rhetoric.
Um. No. I just think for myself and observe the process. Just like I am observing you avoiding facts, trafficking conspiracies and making baseless and stupid insults, dork.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:37 pm

Duplicate
Last edited by Mayan_Elephant on Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 04, 2024 11:40 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 10:40 pm
Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2024 6:48 pm
I watched it as it happened. I watched what Trump said and did, and what he did not say and do. Maybe you thought it was all just good fun, but it sure looked like insurrection to me.
It was far from good fun. It was an attempt to convert the American nation into a dictatorship. A narcissist wanting to wear the one ring and rule us all.
Like I said, it will be incessant like this. Clown arguments that rigging an election and mailing out ballots is not an insurrection and some rioting is not an insurrection but a riot with embedded FBI agents was absolutely an insurrection. Mmmmmmmkay. I hear ya. Dont need to convince me. Shall we count the days that someone does not say this?

I dont care to change anyone’s mind, I think it is funny, frankly. Even the groundhog is bitching about Bill Murray at this point.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Fri Jan 05, 2024 2:36 pm

Darn. We can't count today as a day skipped. Gosh darn.

https://x.com/tomselliott/status/174337 ... 10782?s=20

This is your election.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5112
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:52 pm

President Biden's words were very succinct. America must be preserved against Trump. We've been blessed with a strong stable democracy and it needs to be continued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNxRDGn5loM
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Jan 06, 2024 12:23 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2024 11:52 pm
President Biden's words were very succinct. America must be preserved against Trump. We've been blessed with a strong stable democracy and it needs to be continued.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DNxRDGn5loM
Mmmmmmmmkay. Happy Jan 6 everyone.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Jan 06, 2024 7:56 am

The NFL has two games on January 6th! They both have halftime activities.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Mon Jan 08, 2024 4:00 pm

Epic. Absolutely epic.

Image
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5112
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:44 pm

I wonder if during the trial of Al Capone in the 1930s the drinkers of America were tempted to elect him to be either mayor of Chicago or perhaps even the Republican nominee for the Presidency. Do you think they cared if he was a gangster and murderer? I can't imagine the Evangelicals of that era would hold him up to messiah status.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:24 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:44 pm
I wonder if during the trial of Al Capone in the 1930s the drinkers of America were tempted to elect him to be either mayor of Chicago or perhaps even the Republican nominee for the Presidency. Do you think they cared if he was a gangster and murderer? I can't imagine the Evangelicals of that era would hold him up to messiah status.
When was the last time you sat down and talked to an Evangelical in person? When you did, did you consider harming them or insulting them to their face?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5112
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:53 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:24 am
moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:44 pm
I wonder if during the trial of Al Capone in the 1930s the drinkers of America were tempted to elect him to be either mayor of Chicago or perhaps even the Republican nominee for the Presidency. Do you think they cared if he was a gangster and murderer? I can't imagine the Evangelicals of that era would hold him up to messiah status.
When was the last time you sat down and talked to an Evangelical in person? When you did, did you consider harming them or insulting them to their face?
What are you talking about? The only Evangelical I know is online. Bridget Jack Jefferies. She is a delightful person and apologizes for how her religious brethren have been hoodwinked by Trump. Saying that I doubted they would vote for Al Capone back in the 1930s was not an insult. They would recognize Al Capone as a gangster and murderer. They would appreciate his RICO indictment, even if they grouse against Trump's RICO indictment in Georgia.

I doubt any Mormons from the 1930s would be taken in by Trump. They would find his constant lies to be onerous. Times change though. With dishonest news sources such as Breitbart, it leaves the less informed confused.

Image
Performing an exorcism
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:25 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 10:53 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 12:24 am
moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 08, 2024 5:44 pm
I wonder if during the trial of Al Capone in the 1930s the drinkers of America were tempted to elect him to be either mayor of Chicago or perhaps even the Republican nominee for the Presidency. Do you think they cared if he was a gangster and murderer? I can't imagine the Evangelicals of that era would hold him up to messiah status.
When was the last time you sat down and talked to an Evangelical in person? When you did, did you consider harming them or insulting them to their face?
What are you talking about? The only Evangelical I know is online. Bridget Jack Jefferies. She is a delightful person and apologizes for how her religious brethren have been hoodwinked by Trump. Saying that I doubted they would vote for Al Capone back in the 1930s was not an insult. They would recognize Al Capone as a gangster and murderer. They would appreciate his RICO indictment, even if they grouse against Trump's RICO indictment in Georgia.

I doubt any Mormons from the 1930s would be taken in by Trump. They would find his constant lies to be onerous. Times change though. With dishonest news sources such as Breitbart, it leaves the less informed confused.

Image
Performing an exorcism
Show me an example of something dishonest at Breitbart. Let's consider the facts, rather than the assumptions.

You don't know an evangelical, except for a name of one you found online, but you know what they do, how they do it, why they do it, and you profess to know what they will do. Almost to a rule, the things you know about the people you do not know are insulting and generalized. You know what that is called when you judge groups of people you don't actually know, right?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5112
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:22 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:25 pm
You know what that is called when you judge groups of people you don't actually know, right?
Being a "Good Ol' Boy"?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Tue Jan 09, 2024 6:55 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:22 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:25 pm
You know what that is called when you judge groups of people you don't actually know, right?
Being a "Good Ol' Boy"?
Huh? What? I don't get it. I was asking you to confirm that you know what it is called when you (moksha) judge groups of people you don't actually know.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

hmb
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:44 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:22 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:25 pm
You know what that is called when you judge groups of people you don't actually know, right?
Being a "Good Ol' Boy"?
Hahaha. That's funny.

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:11 am

hmb wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:44 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:22 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 2:25 pm
You know what that is called when you judge groups of people you don't actually know, right?
Being a "Good Ol' Boy"?
Hahaha. That's funny.
What’s funny? Do you think moksha is a good ol’ boy when he disparages people he doesn’t know, hasn’t met, and that he judges based on stereotypes?

I don’t think it is funny. I think it is weird and a bit ding dong bat**** crazy to hate people without a reason. I like to like people. Have you tried that?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

hmb
Posts: 462
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:36 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:11 am
hmb wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:44 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Jan 09, 2024 3:22 pm

Being a "Good Ol' Boy"?
Hahaha. That's funny.
What’s funny? Do you think moksha is a good ol’ boy when he disparages people he doesn’t know, hasn’t met, and that he judges based on stereotypes?

I don’t think it is funny. I think it is weird and a bit ding dong bat**** crazy to hate people without a reason. I like to like people. Have you tried that?
I don't HATE anyone. I dislike some people. I may hate what some people stand for, but I don't hate the person.

That you don't understand moksha's statement is even funnier. Take a breath, relax, go enjoy something today.

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:59 am

hmb wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:36 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:11 am
hmb wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 6:44 am


Hahaha. That's funny.
What’s funny? Do you think moksha is a good ol’ boy when he disparages people he doesn’t know, hasn’t met, and that he judges based on stereotypes?

I don’t think it is funny. I think it is weird and a bit ding dong bat**** crazy to hate people without a reason. I like to like people. Have you tried that?
I don't HATE anyone. I dislike some people. I may hate what some people stand for, but I don't hate the person.

That you don't understand moksha's statement is even funnier. Take a breath, relax, go enjoy something today.
Maybe you can help me out. Moksha doesn’t hate the people he doesn’t know but he disparages them and you think that is funny?

Do you dislike people that you actually know or do you just dislike the people that the media told you dont do what you like?

Can you explain why it is funny that moksha is like a good ol boy that hates people he doesn’t know?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5112
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:09 am

Mayan, it might be best to stick to your purpose of being a cheerleader for Trump and backing off personal attacks as a means of defense.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:14 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 11:09 am
Mayan, it might be best to stick to your purpose of being a cheerleader for Trump and backing off personal attacks as a means of defense.
See, moksha. This is projection on your part. I am not cheerleading for Trump and I have not done so. You may be trying to attack me by making the suggestion that I am a cheerleader for Trump, or you might just be lying again. I am not defending anything or attacking anything. I am challenging your baseless points and generously allowing you to explain yourself. You have not provided any examples of false claims from Breitbart. You have not explained why you would make insulting comments about Evangelicals, except to explain that you have never met one. For all I know, you have valid points and material. Though, so far, you don't seem to.

One option here, moksha, is that you could just acknowledge that you have never met an Evangelical person and that all your accusations and disparagement is based on media propaganda or bigotry. You could do that. Or, you could just deflect and make more deranged comments about a population you know nothing about.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests