Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:30 pm

Cnsl1 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:24 pm
You're spare parts aren't ya, bud.
If you are trying to insult me, at least put a little effort into it.

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 6515
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Hagoth » Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:23 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:29 pm
You really can't believe that more than half the nation thought he was a great president.
Well, he got most of the electoral college votes anyway. About half of the people who voted for him really didn't care much for him, but voted Republican. By the same standard we must assume that more than half the nation thinks Joe is a great president, right?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:01 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 7:23 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:29 pm
You really can't believe that more than half the nation thought he was a great president.
Well, he got most of the electoral college votes anyway. About half of the people who voted for him really didn't care much for him, but voted Republican. By the same standard we must assume that more than half the nation thinks Joe is a great president, right?
Unless the election was stolen. There was never any evidence that anyone liked Joe Biden. Like, seriously, the guy campaigned from his basement. They never showed his gatherings.

So you're ok with the idea that the big cities rule over the rest of the nation?

Cnsl1
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Cnsl1 » Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:57 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:30 pm
Cnsl1 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:24 pm
You're spare parts aren't ya, bud.
If you are trying to insult me, at least put a little effort into it.
If I were trying to insult you, I'd use smaller words and draw pictures.

I'm not saying you're dumb, just that you stepped on the belief bias train a few years back and you're somewhere in Saskatchewan pulling out strawmen and spitting pistachio shells saying they're golden nuggets. I'm thinking a chance encounter with Joe Biden has you thinking you've got inside knowledge to world politics when you're actually as ignorant as the rest of us.

I met Ronald Reagan in 1991 and my takeaway was damn that man has a damn fine voice, but damn he don't make no sense when he talks.. I wonder if he's going senile. Turns out I was right, but it didn't matter anymore by then. And no matter how many boxes Mike Dukakis stood on, the man was still short, and short men aren't going to win elections, right? Short women do ok, though, cuz Margaret Thatcher was not a tall woman, but her secret service guys were tall, or at least 2 of them were, and I know that from personal and up close experience, but that's another tale for another time.

And I think it's pretty clear that most people don't REALLY like either Trump or Biden, but voted how they voted cuz they hated the other guy more. As far as Biden is concerned.. well, if he's good enough for Leslie Knope, he's good enough for me. Cuz we all know that lady works her ass off. I do think he's a bit old, though, so if the republiguns in charge pull their heads out of their asses long enough to nominate someone besides a narcissistic jackass who's idea of truth is whatever he's saying any particular moment, and if said jackass doesn't hijack his own party before or instead of going to jail, then maybe I think there's a good chance the republigun candidate can beat the democrap one, especially if it's Biden, which it probably will be.

And that will probably be a good thing, because despite what a Texas senator once quipped that the only thing in the middle of the road was yeller lines and dead armadillos, the middle of the road is, in my opinion, a decent place to steer the country. Not too far right, not too far left.

That being said, wisdom and education has certainly brought me farther to the left side of the road, and i think that with politics and religion, if you believe the same thing you did 40 years ago, you're a lazy ass and you didn't learn anything.

Now again, I'm not trying to insult anyone. We all have opinions and it's easy to spout them with flames and vulgarity in a ... whatever the hell this is.

And I don't know what would get you out of Saskatchewan.. maybe if Donnie doesn't back off the cut the constitution diatribe. Maybe that'll do it. Maybe an angel with a flaming sword would convince you?

I don't think that would have ever worked with my wife.

Hey baby.. an angel said I gotta get some more wives and if I don't he's gonna run me through with a flaming sword.

She'd say, well been nice knowing you. Where do you think he's gonna run that sword through you.. and can I watch?

Didn't take an angel to convince her that Donnie was a boob. Listen to this guy a minute... Oh, he's gross. Plus he contradicts himself. And he's gross. Why did you make me watch. I hate him.

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 6515
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Hagoth » Fri Dec 09, 2022 6:55 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 8:01 pm
So you're ok with the idea that the big cities rule over the rest of the nation?
I guess so, if you're ok with an Evangelical minority ruling over the rest of the nation, that does not represent the interests of the majority, and is openly intent on dismantling both the constitution and the separation of church and state - the essential components that make our nation unique.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
LSOF
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Mare Crisium
Contact:

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by LSOF » Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:39 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:29 pm
You really can't believe that more than half the nation thought he was a great president.
I don't?? Or is this a butchery of grammar, and you meant to say, "You really can't believe that. More than half the nation thought he was a great president"?

Tha fact is that Clinton got more votes, but Trump was installed anyway, because he got more electoral votes.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:27 pm

LSOF wrote:
Fri Dec 09, 2022 1:39 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:29 pm
You really can't believe that more than half the nation thought he was a great president.
I don't?? Or is this a butchery of grammar, and you meant to say, "You really can't believe that. More than half the nation thought he was a great president"?

Tha fact is that Clinton got more votes, but Trump was installed anyway, because he got more electoral votes.
I guess we could define half the nation in different ways.


Trump 2,626 counties. By comparison, Clinton won 487.

Trump won 85% of the counties.

Obviously if you didn't live in the big cities which have too much money oftentimes provided by taxes from the out lying counties, you didn't think Hillary was a good choice.

And picking up my grammar? That is so elitism. Because I'm a highschool drop out I don't get to have an opinion on here?

User avatar
LSOF
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Mare Crisium
Contact:

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by LSOF » Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:55 pm

I have news for you, SaidNobody: empty land doesn't vote. This isn't a chthonocracy. In a democracy (don't even start with the "This is a republic, not a democracy" crap), one county with a million people counts as much as 1000 counties with 1000 people each.

I wouldn't have criticized your grammar, though it were most strongly abominated by Oxford or the MLA, if your meaning had been unambiguous.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 6515
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Hagoth » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:42 am

It should also be noted that about half the votes Trump got were really anybody-but-Hillary votes.

His crimes are beginning to catch up with him. It won't be long before his Republican pals, who were only using him to suck up votes generated by his wave of hate mongering, will be running from him as fast as they can as his influence fades. Except for the ones that he is blackmailing, of course. Even some of his worshipful followers are beginning to get tired of his endless trumpeting, whining, and fund raising. They never minded his lying. Fox News is beginning to pull back from being his personal advertising firm. His ever-so-essential Nazi friends Q-inanes will find new idols to bow down to. A decade or two from now he will be remembered as the biggest embarrassment and cautionary tale in US history.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:58 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 6:42 am
It should also be noted that about half the votes Trump got were really anybody-but-Hillary votes.

His crimes are beginning to catch up with him. It won't be long before his Republican pals, who were only using him to suck up votes generated by his wave of hate mongering, will be running from him as fast as they can as his influence fades. Except for the ones that he is blackmailing, of course. Even some of his worshipful followers are beginning to get tired of his endless trumpeting, whining, and fund raising. They never minded his lying. Fox News is beginning to pull back from being his personal advertising firm. His ever-so-essential Nazi friends Q-inanes will find new idols to bow down to. A decade or two from now he will be remembered as the biggest embarrassment and cautionary tale in US history.
I almost voted for Hillary.

But after a little research I realized her crimes would never catch up to her.

That Trump's crimes are catching up to him only means he's on the wrong side of the law compared to Hillary or any democratic candidate for that matter. You'll never see a high level Democrat being attacked like this. We might go after her character, but not one law officer will lify a finger against her. Unless he wants to commit suicide that week.
Last edited by SaidNobody on Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:06 am

LSOF wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:55 pm
I have news for you, SaidNobody: empty land doesn't vote. This isn't a chthonocracy. In a democracy (don't even start with the "This is a republic, not a democracy" crap), one county with a million people counts as much as 1000 counties with 1000 people each.

I wouldn't have criticized your grammar, though it were most strongly abominated by Oxford or the MLA, if your meaning had been unambiguous.
Counties are not empty land. They are little cultures unto themselves. They usually have local commerce and values and ideals. I didn't tell you how many acres voted for Trump.

Yes, this country is becoming more of a democracy all the time. The philosophers throughout time have called democracy the worst form of government. It's mob rule. It doesn't have to follow principles of morality, just the popular vote. The Republic is actually trying to protect us from that kind of thing well giving the people a vote.

We are in a republic. It is the Republic part of our country that is perhaps the coolest part. The Republic protects individuals from the mob. It's the part that says we get a fair trial.

The natural man is an enemy to God. Just cuz there's a lot of them doesn't make them right.

I apologize if anything I say that is ambiguous. When I am more direct it seems to be more offensive.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:30 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 9:57 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Dec 08, 2022 3:30 pm
Cnsl1 wrote:
Wed Dec 07, 2022 11:24 pm
You're spare parts aren't ya, bud.
If you are trying to insult me, at least put a little effort into it.
If I were trying to insult you, I'd use smaller words and draw pictures.

I'm not saying you're dumb, just that you stepped on the belief bias train a few years back and you're somewhere in Saskatchewan pulling out strawmen and spitting pistachio shells saying they're golden nuggets. I'm thinking a chance encounter with Joe Biden has you thinking you've got inside knowledge to world politics when you're actually as ignorant as the rest of us.

I met Ronald Reagan in 1991 and my takeaway was damn that man has a damn fine voice, but damn he don't make no sense when he talks.. I wonder if he's going senile. Turns out I was right, but it didn't matter anymore by then. And no matter how many boxes Mike Dukakis stood on, the man was still short, and short men aren't going to win elections, right? Short women do ok, though, cuz Margaret Thatcher was not a tall woman, but her secret service guys were tall, or at least 2 of them were, and I know that from personal and up close experience, but that's another tale for another time.

And I think it's pretty clear that most people don't REALLY like either Trump or Biden, but voted how they voted cuz they hated the other guy more. As far as Biden is concerned.. well, if he's good enough for Leslie Knope, he's good enough for me. Cuz we all know that lady works her ass off. I do think he's a bit old, though, so if the republiguns in charge pull their heads out of their asses long enough to nominate someone besides a narcissistic jackass who's idea of truth is whatever he's saying any particular moment, and if said jackass doesn't hijack his own party before or instead of going to jail, then maybe I think there's a good chance the republigun candidate can beat the democrap one, especially if it's Biden, which it probably will be.

And that will probably be a good thing, because despite what a Texas senator once quipped that the only thing in the middle of the road was yeller lines and dead armadillos, the middle of the road is, in my opinion, a decent place to steer the country. Not too far right, not too far left.

That being said, wisdom and education has certainly brought me farther to the left side of the road, and i think that with politics and religion, if you believe the same thing you did 40 years ago, you're a lazy ass and you didn't learn anything.

Now again, I'm not trying to insult anyone. We all have opinions and it's easy to spout them with flames and vulgarity in a ... whatever the hell this is.

And I don't know what would get you out of Saskatchewan.. maybe if Donnie doesn't back off the cut the constitution diatribe. Maybe that'll do it. Maybe an angel with a flaming sword would convince you?

I don't think that would have ever worked with my wife.

Hey baby.. an angel said I gotta get some more wives and if I don't he's gonna run me through with a flaming sword.

She'd say, well been nice knowing you. Where do you think he's gonna run that sword through you.. and can I watch?

Didn't take an angel to convince her that Donnie was a boob. Listen to this guy a minute... Oh, he's gross. Plus he contradicts himself. And he's gross. Why did you make me watch. I hate him.
I understand that what I say doesn't make sense. But you must forgive me if I think I know why. You watch the news. You read the mainstream articles. I know this seems acceptable as they are the mainstream that should be accepted.

I'm not trying to throw fact in you that prove my point. I know that if you try to prove a point by facts, simply end up confused. I know this because it happens to me all the time.

What I am approaching on this particular swing discussion is the assumption that Trump could not have possibly been a beloved president. It seems like you guys dismiss or discount the near overwhelming support Trump has had. The mass of crowds and the spontaneous parades. Trump didn't pay for these. People just felt like they had at last been represented.

Then the media decides that anyone who is represented by Trump must be a bad person to start with. I have seen thousands of videos of Trump supporters being attacked verbally and physically by liberal supports. Women have been raped because of their voice supporting Trump. And the response was often "oh she deserved it."

Free speech has been shut down on college campuses over people who supported Trump. The very essence of America has been attacked because someone that the mainstream didn't like ran for president.

My point to you, if I can make one, is that the mainstream media doesn't represent reality. Is sculpted and paid for. It has some of the greatest minds on the planet putting together ideas and scenarios and then publishing them to make them look like legitimate concepts.

A moment ago I had to explain that the idea of America being a Republic is not nonsense. But mainstream media is publishing that as an idea. That we should do away with laws that protect individuals and simply go with popular opinion. I can't make you think anything but it hurts me that anyone thinks that's a good idea.

Not sure why you threw in the flaming sword in.to this discussion. We can have faith and believe things of nonsense. And other people don't necessarily have to like it. It doesn't have to be true. It doesn't even have to be factual. It's simply not supposed to hurt or impede on other people's freedom. The principle that Joseph Smith supposedly brought forth with the flaming sword had been a blessing to many lives. I, for one, am very grateful for it.

I have contended in other discussions that we don't really control the universe. We are merely observers. We can't control what happens only the way we look at it. Life is not miserable unless one believes it so.

Sometimes people take up a different lifestyle and try to find the good in it. Obviously it wasn't your job. It was mine. And my heart swells from the love and the beauty I have seen in that particular principal.

When I observe what many of the vocal liberals Express I don't find much beauty at all. I think many of them have good intentions. They have fueled this new era of safetyism that destroys the confidence of our children. We are raising a weak generation that will have to find their strength aNew in ways that can probably not be anything but ugly.

User avatar
LSOF
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Mare Crisium
Contact:

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by LSOF » Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:48 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:06 am
LSOF wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:55 pm
I have news for you, SaidNobody: empty land doesn't vote. This isn't a chthonocracy. In a democracy (don't even start with the "This is a republic, not a democracy" crap), one county with a million people counts as much as 1000 counties with 1000 people each.

I wouldn't have criticized your grammar, though it were most strongly abominated by Oxford or the MLA, if your meaning had been unambiguous.
Counties are not empty land. They are little cultures unto themselves. They usually have local commerce and values and ideals. I didn't tell you how many acres voted for Trump.
[You told me how many counties. There is more land in more counties, but that selfsame land has fewer electors on it. This is, whether you mean it to be or not, a call for chthonocracy. ]

Yes, this country is becoming more of a democracy all the time. The philosophers throughout time have called democracy the worst form of government. It's mob rule. It doesn't have to follow principles of morality, just the popular vote. The Republic is actually trying to protect us from that kind of thing well giving the people a vote.
[I don't care what ancient aristocrats said while playing at scholarship. At various times they also said women were inferior because they were physically colder, that the Earth was the centre of the Universe, and that the Sun could reverse course in the sky. Your religion may teach that people are inherently evil and brutish, but they're not. Some people are, and unfortunately, these people tend to accumulate power, so they can indenture killers and laborers and scholars for hire. Hence the incredibly bloody history of kings and popes and emperors. Most people are kind to their kindred. The trick is to expand the definition of "kindred" to include the whole of humanity. ]


We are in a republic. It is the Republic part of our country that is perhaps the coolest part. The Republic protects individuals from the mob. It's the part that says we get a fair trial.
[I knew you would pull this rubbish. You oligarchists are so predictable. A "republic" is nothing more nor less than a set of institutions and rules, agreed upon by enough people to impose it upon the rest by force. The US is (de jure at least) a democratic republic.]

The natural man is an enemy to God. Just cuz there's a lot of them doesn't make them right.
[God doesn't exist though. The very same creatures against whom you rail invented it. But as long as we're quoting ancient aristocrats, "Religion is regarded by the common as true, by the wise as false, and by the rulers as useful."]

I apologize if anything I say that is ambiguous. When I am more direct it seems to be more offensive.
[It's not your mode of writing which is offensive. It's the content: the factually false, misanthropic apologetics for a deranged, blustering thug.]
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

Cnsl1
Posts: 428
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Cnsl1 » Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:18 pm

SaidNo,

You love the straw man, don't ya.

Of course this is a Republic. I don't disagree with that. I pledge my allegiance to it a few times a week.

Of course mainstream media isn't always correct. But let's look at the preponderance of evidence to make wise decisions. The far right media sources you often spout is farther off the mark, which I think is suffiviently evidenced by a massive failure to bring to fruition any meaningful evidence to support their specious (and in Trump's case) often completely fabricated arguments.

Credit to Trump to rally a group who felt unrepresented, but in hindsight it's my impression that it was never about representing them, but finding a forum for his massive narcissism and ego. Had we really examined his history, we'd have known that all along. He's the same ass he's always been, but with more spotlight and sheep.

It boggles my mind that anyone can still support him, and many do not anymore.

I do apologize if I offended your polygamous religious history. I'd forgotten that you were a child of polygamy. It's my belief, again based on the preponderance of evidence, that polygamy as practiced by early Mormons was a bad thing overall, but I've not enough knowledge of the FLDS groups to opine that it's bad across the board for them. Obviously, I'm against crimes, especially crimes against children. I'm also of the opinion that based on my limited understanding, polygamy has also been very tough on young men growing up in the system. But what do I know.

I'm fine with consenting adults to marry who they want.

I'm not fine with young girls being forced or coerced.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:57 pm

LSOF wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:48 pm
[
[It's not your mode of writing which is offensive. It's the content: the factually false, misanthropic apologetics for a deranged, blustering thug.]
I really don't watch any of it, anymore,

Your arrogance is kind of humorous. You think that just because you come along 2000 years later that you're smarter or better? You think men somehow wronged women?

We don't control the universe. We merely observe it. The universe is extremely mechanical. You think you have a choice, but you don't. You will respond to stimuli the same way a flower does.

Of course there isn't a god. No one has proved otherwise. But something created the universe. It might be a fairy, or a dragon, or laws, or ideas, but something created it. We call it God.

God is the witness that holds everything in existence. We don't understand God, or see him, or know him, but something creates consciousness. Something IS consciousness. We know that in order for something to exist it must be observed.

So.... An all knowing God is the easiest explanation.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 11, 2022 8:21 pm

Cnsl1 wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 4:18 pm
SaidNo,

You love the straw man, don't ya.

Of course this is a Republic. I don't disagree with that. I pledge my allegiance to it a few times a week.

Of course mainstream media isn't always correct. But let's look at the preponderance of evidence to make wise decisions. The far right media sources you often spout is farther off the mark, which I think is suffiviently evidenced by a massive failure to bring to fruition any meaningful evidence to support their specious (and in Trump's case) often completely fabricated arguments.

Credit to Trump to rally a group who felt unrepresented, but in hindsight it's my impression that it was never about representing them, but finding a forum for his massive narcissism and ego. Had we really examined his history, we'd have known that all along. He's the same ass he's always been, but with more spotlight and sheep.

It boggles my mind that anyone can still support him, and many do not anymore.

I do apologize if I offended your polygamous religious history. I'd forgotten that you were a child of polygamy. It's my belief, again based on the preponderance of evidence, that polygamy as practiced by early Mormons was a bad thing overall, but I've not enough knowledge of the FLDS groups to opine that it's bad across the board for them. Obviously, I'm against crimes, especially crimes against children. I'm also of the opinion that based on my limited understanding, polygamy has also been very tough on young men growing up in the system. But what do I know.

I'm fine with consenting adults to marry who they want.

I'm not fine with young girls being forced or coerced.
:: Chuckle::

It's about perspective. You blind yourself to certain things and everything makes sense.

Do you know how many women have been forced into prostitution because they were soiled and no longer good enough for the only wife? How many chose to live their lives alone because they weren't good enough or wouldn't choose a second rate husband. How many wives that have been hurt or rejected because their man couldn't keep his prick in his pants?

I'm not saying everyone should live polygamy. But monogamy has created its share of pain. Listen to Les Miserables and pay attention to the part of Fontina.

I'm not offended by your words. But I will remind you that I've looked at life from a perspective you probably don't understand. Question is, can I understand your perspective?

User avatar
LSOF
Posts: 301
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:16 pm
Location: Mare Crisium
Contact:

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by LSOF » Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:30 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 7:57 pm
LSOF wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 3:48 pm
[
[It's not your mode of writing which is offensive. It's the content: the factually false, misanthropic apologetics for a deranged, blustering thug.]
I really don't watch any of it, anymore,
[Watch any of what?]

Your arrogance is kind of humorous. You think that just because you come along 2000 years later that you're smarter or better? You think men somehow wronged women?
[Yes, I do, because I am. For one thing, I know the Earth is not the centre of the Universe. I also think that rape is bad, while the ancients condoned it as long as it happened to the "right" people. If this be arrogance, I don't know what isn't. Perhaps in your view non-arrogance is chiding others for believing obvious facts. And you don't think men wronged women throughout history? Do you seriously believe such a stupid thing, or are you trying to be edgy?]

We don't control the universe. We merely observe it. The universe is extremely mechanical. You think you have a choice, but you don't. You will respond to stimuli the same way a flower does.
[And what has that to do with anything?]

Of course there isn't a god. No one has proved otherwise. But something created the universe. It might be a fairy, or a dragon, or laws, or ideas, but something created it. We call it God.
[You say "Of course there isn't a god," only to propound one. The sort of doublethink I should expect from a Trump supporter. If the Universe has always existed, it neither needs nor admits of a creator.]

God is the witness that holds everything in existence. We don't understand God, or see him, or know him, but something creates consciousness. Something IS consciousness. We know that in order for something to exist it must be observed.

So.... An all knowing God is the easiest explanation.
[All of that is poppycock, of course, but that's peripheral. I will just say that "observation" in quantum mechanics is interaction between particles. We don't need Brahma to dream us into existence. What the Bleep Do We Know? is not a documentary, much less a science class. ]
Do you believe rape is wrong? If your answer is not a stark, passionate affirmative, I want nothing further to do with you.

Misogyny, doublethink, and arrogant anti-intellectualism are hallmarks of Trumpists.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 12, 2022 6:34 am

LSOF wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:30 pm

Do you believe rape is wrong? If your answer is not a stark, passionate affirmative, I want nothing further to do with you.

Misogyny, doublethink, and arrogant anti-intellectualism are hallmarks of Trumpists.
Rape is wrong. I'm not saying that just to keep you in conversation, because well, you're not that good at it.

How you got the impression that I approved of rape is, well, confusing.

Men and women make up the human race. You would think that if women wanted or needed, soft willed men they would pick them to create babies with. But no, it's the female instinct to go after the alpha-males because often times only the strong survive.

In the fight for dominance, where men settled things with knives or clubs, I don't see where women could really expect a vote. Even in matriarchal societies, women as group were not given a vote.

Try not to think of man and women has something separate from nature. Think of watching elephants and how they operate and then consider retraining them to your own standards. We are the Apex species on the planet, unless you want to consider the ants.

I think we've done pretty well. I don't think it's fair to simply point out what women have suffered as it is not something they suffer alone. I could say that countless man have laid down their lives in the defense of women and the freedoms that we now have. Or I could say that women have sacrificed their sons for their own selfish gains. It's all perspective.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 616
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:32 pm

LSOF wrote:
Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:30 pm
You say "Of course there isn't a god," only to propound one. The sort of doublethink I should expect from a Trump supporter. If the Universe has always existed, it neither needs nor admits of a creator.
I didn't say that God exists.

I said something created everything and we call it God. Big difference.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 4612
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Mon Dec 12, 2022 1:36 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:27 pm
Trump 2,626 counties. By comparison, Clinton won 487.
Trump won 85% of the counties.
Hard to fit counties into voting booths. Voting is best done by people, even though Republicans have touted the slogan "one dollar, one vote" for a long time. Even Republicans support voting per dollar rather than acreage. Democrats support the concept of "one person, one vote".

The Special Council just subpoenaed records from Georgia Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger for their case of attempted election fraud against Trump. I would expect Georgia to subpoena Trump in the next few months. A conviction on all charges would strengthen his grip on the Republican Party.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 6 guests