Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:01 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:44 pm
McConnell is on our "traitors list." It is because of McConnell you hear the term, "Republican Party is dead." We will not unify under his leadership. Our representatives, the people we put into office locally will be forced to support someone else, or lose our support.
You could show that McConnell a thing or two by the Q movement switching their allegiance to the Fascist Party and leaving those so-called "Republicans" to fend for themselves. Your motto could be "Emperor Trump Forever".
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Fri Jan 22, 2021 6:14 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 2:01 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Jan 19, 2021 12:44 pm
McConnell is on our "traitors list." It is because of McConnell you hear the term, "Republican Party is dead." We will not unify under his leadership. Our representatives, the people we put into office locally will be forced to support someone else, or lose our support.
You could show that McConnell a thing or two by the Q movement switching their allegiance to the Fascist Party and leaving those so-called "Republicans" to fend for themselves. Your motto could be "Emperor Trump Forever".
Why would QANON switch to ANTIFA? I don't know enough about Q to know if I support them or not. But we (as I loosely support this idea) sure as Mormon Underwear will not be joining fascists. Trump is not our Emperor. He is our president. There are simple fundamentals that Trump lost. Here in PA, (the Keystone State) Dems lost about 80,000 voters. Republicans gained about 250,000. Implying that some switched to Republican. PA loved Trump. But somehow, in precincts that Republican poll watchers were rejected from, Dems came up with enough votes to win by like 80,000. We had the numbers, we had the enthusiasm. I went to Melania's first rally just a few miles from my home. I got the email and instantly made the reservations. In when back 30 minutes to make another and they were already out.

I got there early, lines were already stretching down the road. Secret Service watched the line asking for those that had reservations. They came even if they didn't have reservations. They just wanted to see her in person, to get a glimpse as she wanted to the car. It was a small first rally for her, with about 400 people invited, and about 4000 showed up.

My point is, Trump was elected. He wasn't forcing his way into anything. I've named a half dozen reasons the vote isn't be trusted without an inspection. But, now we have a dictator, someone that wasn't elected but installed by money, corporations, and foreign nations. 80M votes? Ha!

Biden is the president that no one came to his rallies and no one came to his inauguration. He will be known as the most popular president that no one came to see.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:17 pm

Now Even the QAnon Shaman Disowns Trump: I Was Duped

https://www.thedailybeast.com/qanon-sha ... -was-duped
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:28 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri Jan 22, 2021 10:17 pm

Better him than me.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jan 29, 2021 5:22 am

Dr. Deborah Birx has been trying to redeem her reputation. Wish Dr. Birx had held her hands in a Macauley Calkin manner when Trump asked her about sticking lights or injecting bleach into the human body to rid it of COVID-19.

How Dr. Birx should have reacted.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:13 pm

moksha wrote:
Hindsight is a poor substitute for critical thinking. Hopefully millions of people are slowly coming to this realization.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Sat Jan 30, 2021 12:43 am

Hagoth wrote:
Fri Jan 29, 2021 3:13 pm
moksha wrote:
Hindsight is a poor substitute for critical thinking. Hopefully millions of people are slowly coming to this realization.
The "Devil made me do it" defense.

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:34 pm

He's been a con-man his entire life, and it's an intriguing question how anyone (let alone tens of millions) could so easily be gulled by him. Trump supporters were fond of saying "He tells it like it is!" when he echoed their bigotries and their jingoism back to them in plain language, rather than with the dogwhistles (i.e., coded phrases) used by Republicans ever since the Southern Strategy: as "welfare queen" for single mothers, particularly Black single mothers; as "terrorist" for perceived Muslims; as "illegal alien" for Latin Americans; as "critical race theory" to stand in for "cultural Marxism", which itself stood in for the Nazi phrase "cultural Bolshevism". These are only a few examples; dogwhistles are as intricate as they are numerous.

Dogwhistles have a common element: their name, stript of context, and interpreted literally, generally names something bad or scary. "Welfare queens" are a drain on the State! "Illegal aliens" are taking American jobs! "Terrorists" and "critical race theory" are a danger to "Western civilization" (itself another dogwhistle)! But Donald Trump stopped it: he came out and said Mexico was sending drugs, crime, and rapists our way; he said "You have to take out the families" of terrorists; he called for "complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the country". For a more recent example, take Trump's calling the novel coronavirus "the China virus". Fear of disease has long been an element of anti-Chinese racism (possibly fuelled by the stereotype that they have poor sanitation and all eat unusual animals, like dogs or bats), but Trump just came out and said it. It was especially convenient, because this particular virus actually did come from China.

If used for long enough, over the span of generations, dogwhistles' origins and significations may, among the naïve, fade into history. Take Qanon, for instance: at its core is a preposterous allegation that all of Trump's political enemies either are, or are in league with, a cabal of Satanic pedophile cannibals. (The word "cabal" is yet another dogwhistle, coming from "Kabbalah".) This is a retread of the mediaeval anti-Semitic blood libel, but how many Qanon proponents know that?

Trump supporters were overjoyed at his plain parroting of their bigotry, which is why he has such a fanatical following. As the allegations of Qanon continue to be disproven, the more rational of their followers will depart, leaving only the most fanatical, in a sort of natural selection. It's the same principle as underlies the blatancy of 419 or "Nigerian prince" scams; the claims are made so ridiculous as to drive off the clear-thinking mind, that the remnant might become the more devoted, sink costs in the scam, and make it difficult for themselves to come out again.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Sat Jan 30, 2021 10:46 pm

LSOF wrote:
Sat Jan 30, 2021 7:34 pm
He's been a con-man his entire life, and it's an intriguing question how anyone (let alone tens of millions) could so easily be gulled by him. Trump supporters were fond of saying "He tells it like it is!" when he echoed their bigotries and their jingoism back to them in plain language, rather than with the dogwhistles (i.e., coded phrases) used by Republicans ever since the Southern Strategy: as "welfare queen" for single mothers, particularly Black single mothers; as "terrorist" for perceived Muslims; as "illegal alien" for Latin Americans; as "critical race theory" to stand in for "cultural Marxism", which itself stood in for the Nazi phrase "cultural Bolshevism". These are only a few examples; dogwhistles are as intricate as they are numerous.

Dogwhistles have a common element: their name, stript of context, and interpreted literally, generally names something bad or scary. "Welfare queens" are a drain on the State! "Illegal aliens" are taking American jobs! "Terrorists" and "critical race theory" are a danger to "Western civilization" (itself another dogwhistle)! But Donald Trump stopped it: he came out and said Mexico was sending drugs, crime, and rapists our way; he said "You have to take out the families" of terrorists; he called for "complete and total shutdown of Muslims entering the country". For a more recent example, take Trump's calling the novel coronavirus "the China virus". Fear of disease has long been an element of anti-Chinese racism (possibly fuelled by the stereotype that they have poor sanitation and all eat unusual animals, like dogs or bats), but Trump just came out and said it. It was especially convenient, because this particular virus actually did come from China.

If used for long enough, over the span of generations, dogwhistles' origins and significations may, among the naïve, fade into history. Take Qanon, for instance: at its core is a preposterous allegation that all of Trump's political enemies either are, or are in league with, a cabal of Satanic pedophile cannibals. (The word "cabal" is yet another dogwhistle, coming from "Kabbalah".) This is a retread of the mediaeval anti-Semitic blood libel, but how many Qanon proponents know that?

Trump supporters were overjoyed at his plain parroting of their bigotry, which is why he has such a fanatical following. As the allegations of Qanon continue to be disproven, the more rational of their followers will depart, leaving only the most fanatical, in a sort of natural selection. It's the same principle as underlies the blatancy of 419 or "Nigerian prince" scams; the claims are made so ridiculous as to drive off the clear-thinking mind, that the remnant might become the more devoted, sink costs in the scam, and make it difficult for themselves to come out again.
Wow. The hate is strong with this one.

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Sat Jan 30, 2021 11:28 pm

It sure is, and only children and the wilfully blind have failed to see it over the past four years.

Oh, you're talking about me?

Sure, I'll own it. I hate liars and bigots like Donald Trump, twice-impeached former president of the United States, the laughing-stock of the world, who never worked an honest hour in his life, who never had a popular mandate: in part because he and his slimy allies tried to legislate me --- a trans woman --- out of existence. Thank Minerva for separation of powers, because he failed in that attempt. He will be yet another indelible, eternal stain on the thoroughly-blackened escutcheon of America.

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:19 am

And now he can't find an attorney to represent him. How many have quit? Five? Six? Seven?

I heard one report that they've backed out because of his insistence on using the stolen election as part of his defense, of which there is no evidence. If there were even a little evidence, he'd have attorneys jumping out of their pants for the opportunity to represent him. As it is, he's looking more and more like a pariah to avoid. Let's hope everyone remembers which senators nailed their feet to that sinking ship.

hmb

Post by hmb » Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:19 am
And now he can't find an attorney to represent him. How many have quit? Five? Six? Seven?

I heard one report that they've backed out because of his insistence on using the stolen election as part of his defense, of which there is no evidence. If there were even a little evidence, he'd have attorneys jumping out of their pants for the opportunity to represent him. As it is, he's looking more and more like a pariah to avoid. Let's hope everyone remembers which senators nailed their feet to that sinking ship.
Trump could bring in baboons and monkeys to represent him. He'll still get acquitted. I wonder what those people, who do end up in prison, will think about Trump remaining free? Maybe they'll hope for his reelection and a pardon in 2024. At this point, nothing would surprise me.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:10 pm

LSOF wrote:
The difference between saviors and conmen is that one gives you what they promised, and there other, conmen, don't. promieskept.com
The media accused Trump of lying about 30,000x yet I cannot find one lie. Lie to be defined as the intention to deceive. I might have heard him mention the wet markets in WuHan. I did detect that he was blaming China for the virus, but I don't know that he belabored the idea that it was from the wet market. That was just one theory. The other theory was that it came from a bio-lab in the city. Last I heard, that had been confirmed.

My impression of Trump's language is how I have always felt. I love the Chinese people. The CCP sucks.
LSOF wrote:
Trump didn't invent these so-called "dog whistles." They have been around for years. I didn't delight in hearing them as, honestly, I didn't hear them. I know the MSM hammered that this travel ban was racist, and the wall was racist, and that Opportunities Zones were racists, etc, but I didn't think so. The countries banned didn't have a stable government to vet those coming into the country. We actually had our own people vet those that really needed to come in, some some of the informants from Iraq.

Simply put, Trump isn't racist. I didn't delight in his racism because I never saw it.
LSOF wrote:
I'm aware of the Kabbalah, it's not quite the same of the Cabal. They are related, true. But mysterical Jews doctrine vs secret polical group had nothing to do with Trump and his supporters. The Cabel, as that name, has been around since 17th century. It has been a thing for much longer. Though not really displayed publicly, secret groups like Freemasons and go back until a least the 15th, perhaps earlier. Satan is a little bit corrupted. The pagans had their Horned One, who played opposite The Goddess, and traditions mixed that hatred into their legends. Lucifer is still known as the "Light Bringer" in much of the middle east. He was a fallen angel that fell to help mankind. But there is that Satan aspect that might actually come from around the Vatican itself. The Vatican is built on the foundations of olden religion that did human sacrifice. While the Christians were trying to build the Catholic Chuch, there were people on the grounds doing midnight blood sacrifices and this continued as late as the 17th century before I think the last one was recorded.

Point, there is an element of old religion that survived since Roman times. Adrenochrome is thought to come from that sort of thing. It was, from my best impression, spread throughout Europe and perhaps even America. Some people even suspect one of the founding fathers.
LSOF wrote:
You have to be careful about disproving some of the Qanon allegations. I have watched several interviews. I have heard a least 2 small children tell about what they saw. But if the system exists, there is no one, of any consequence, going to rat them out. However, there are several very incriminating bit of evidence captured that make me at the very least very suspicious.

I have often wondered why did "some" of the greatest civilizations on earth seem to have blood sacrifices.

I'm guessing because it worked.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:16 pm

hmb wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 8:36 am
Cnsl1 wrote:
Sun Jan 31, 2021 12:19 am

Trump could bring in baboons and monkeys to represent him. He'll still get acquitted. I wonder what those people, who do end up in prison, will think about Trump remaining free? Maybe they'll hope for his reelection and a pardon in 2024. At this point, nothing would surprise me.
This sounds like Nazis. Going to lock up your political opposition.

I heard that they were getting death threats. But, they are creating special taskforces to begin spying on Americans and weed out the domestic terrorists. I'm like, pretty scared. My name has been given directly to an FBI agent because I am an enthusiastic Trump supporter. I mean, like, people think the opinions I share here might qualify me as a terrorist.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:11 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 3:10 pm
The media accused Trump of lying about 30,000x yet I cannot find one lie.
Ok, there's the problem.

On January 15 you said:
SaidNobody wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:38 am
We defend that Trump makes shit up. We don't deny it.
Making shit up is how the rest of us define lying. I assume you would have no criticism of Biden making up 30,000 pieces of shit over the next 4 years?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:38 pm

Most of this post is beneath refutation, so I'll only address those parts thereof which particularly interest or amuse me.
SaidNobody wrote:
LSOF wrote:
Trump didn't invent these so-called "dog whistles." They have been around for years. I didn't delight in hearing them as, honestly, I didn't hear them. I know the MSM hammered that this travel ban was racist, and the wall was racist, and that Opportunities Zones were racists, etc, but I didn't think so. The countries banned didn't have a stable government to vet those coming into the country. We actually had our own people vet those that really needed to come in, some some of the informants from Iraq.

Simply put, Trump isn't racist. I didn't delight in his racism because I never saw it.
Maybe read more carefully. Or, if you did read carefully, maybe interpret it honestly. I never said that Trump invented dogwhistles. In fact, I explicitly said that he stopped it (i.e., the use of dogwhistles) in the very excerpt which you quoted!
SaidNobody wrote:
LSOF wrote:
I'm aware of the Kabbalah, it's not quite the same of the Cabal. They are related, true. But mysterical Jews doctrine vs secret polical group had nothing to do with Trump and his supporters. The Cabel, as that name, has been around since 17th century. It has been a thing for much longer. Though not really displayed publicly, secret groups like Freemasons and go back until a least the 15th, perhaps earlier. Satan is a little bit corrupted. The pagans had their Horned One, who played opposite The Goddess, and traditions mixed that hatred into their legends. Lucifer is still known as the "Light Bringer" in much of the middle east. He was a fallen angel that fell to help mankind. But there is that Satan aspect that might actually come from around the Vatican itself. The Vatican is built on the foundations of olden religion that did human sacrifice. While the Christians were trying to build the Catholic Chuch, there were people on the grounds doing midnight blood sacrifices and this continued as late as the 17th century before I think the last one was recorded.

Point, there is an element of old religion that survived since Roman times. Adrenochrome is thought to come from that sort of thing. It was, from my best impression, spread throughout Europe and perhaps even America. Some people even suspect one of the founding fathers.
The etymology of the word "cabal" is literally from "Kabbalah". That's all I said. But that is a peripheral point anyway. Qanon grew out of Pizzagate, which literally started because a few Democrats had pizza at a particular parlour in Washington and emailed each other about it, and teenaged edgelords on 4chan decided that it was really coded discussion of child sexual abuse, because "cheese pizza" just so happens to be 4chan code for "child pornography".

As touching adrenochrome, it is a chemical produced by the body from spent adrenaline. The "high" alleged to be produced from it is pure fiction. What little evidence we have of its effect on the brain suggests that it induces symptoms of psychosis, and as such, is highly unlikely to be used as a drug. As touching the rest, I can only advise that you stop looking to Chick tracts, anonymous imageboards, and Hunter S Thompson novels for your opinions on politics, history, religion, and physiology.
SaidNobody wrote:
LSOF wrote:
You have to be careful about disproving some of the Qanon allegations. I have watched several interviews. I have heard a least 2 small children tell about what they saw. But if the system exists, there is no one, of any consequence, going to rat them out. However, there are several very incriminating bit of evidence captured that make me at the very least very suspicious.

I have often wondered why did "some" of the greatest civilizations on earth seem to have blood sacrifices.

I'm guessing because it worked.
I do not, nor could I, deny the existence of bands of wealthy child abusers, who receive light treatment from the government. Indeed, in some cases, they may be part of the government, as Trump (personal friend of Jeffrey Epstein and child abuser in his own right) and Prince Andrew (a client of Epstein's) attest. I do deny that some Internet troll, or some racist slumlord, is gonna bust them wide open ~any day now~.

Spilling humans' or animals' blood has no magical effect. Why would it?

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:48 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 7:11 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
The media accused Trump of lying about 30,000x yet I cannot find one lie.
Ok, there's the problem.

On January 15 you said:
SaidNobody wrote:
Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:38 am
We defend that Trump makes shit up. We don't deny it.
Making shit up is how the rest of us define lying. I assume you would have no criticism of Biden making up 30,000 pieces of shit over the next 4 years?
Biden has already told his lies. Anything he says is the script he is given. But the funny thing is the bias we have. Life when Biden says, "we have put together the best election fraud the world has ever seen." We were stunned because we knew it was true, they were just going to pass it off as a gaffe.

When Joe says I won't ban fracking, maybe he meant it. But he still killed oil jobs all over the country.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:59 pm

The Trump impeachment trial is only a few days away. In a surprising move, House impeachment managers have requested that Trump testify. His lawyers have refused. During the Mueller investigation, Trump's lawyers also refused to let him testify, knowing he would perjure himself.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:24 am

moksha wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 10:59 pm
The Trump impeachment trial is only a few days away. In a surprising move, House impeachment managers have requested that Trump testify. His lawyers have refused. During the Mueller investigation, Trump's lawyers also refused to let him testify, knowing he would perjure himself.
The reality of law and order is that bravo and honesty, no matter your stance, is dangerous. A wrong word, phrase, or look can turn the cases. All lawyers know this. Lawyers almost never want their client on the stand unless that person might have a strong emotional influence, like a wounded child or mother.

Trump is actually pretty smart. Like, if you look back at these "lies" you really cannot nail them nail as lies. If he doesn't KNOW he will always phrase the answer with, "I think, I was told, did you hear, it might, the numbers say, etc." Perjury traps are pretty dangerous for anyone. I only take the time to explain this because people are quick to imply that Trump might get caught in a lie.

But perjury traps be like, "do you know Smiths?"
Trump: "No, I've never met them."
Lawyer: "Here is a picture of your 2015 fundraiser where you are standing with Joe Smith and his wives."
Trump: "I met thousands of people that night. I don't... Actually, I remember a couple of the wives, but I didn't know they were Smiths."
Lawyer: "Let the record show that Trump lied."

Trump would actually hedge that comment to, "I don't remember meeting them." He learned the hard way.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Fri Feb 05, 2021 6:48 am

LSOF wrote:
Thu Feb 04, 2021 9:38 pm
The etymology of the word "cabal" is literally from "Kabbalah". That's all I said. But that is a peripheral point anyway. Qanon grew out of Pizzagate, which literally started because a few Democrats had pizza at a particular parlour in Washington and emailed each other about it, and teenaged edgelords on 4chan decided that it was really coded discussion of child sexual abuse, because "cheese pizza" just so happens to be 4chan code for "child pornography".

As touching adrenochrome, it is a chemical produced by the body from spent adrenaline. The "high" alleged to be produced from it is pure fiction. What little evidence we have of its effect on the brain suggests that it induces symptoms of psychosis, and as such, is highly unlikely to be used as a drug. As touching the rest, I can only advise that you stop looking to Chick tracts, anonymous imageboards, and Hunter S Thompson novels for your opinions on politics, history, religion, and physiology.

I do not, nor could I, deny the existence of bands of wealthy child abusers, who receive light treatment from the government. Indeed, in some cases, they may be part of the government, as Trump (personal friend of Jeffrey Epstein and child abuser in his own right) and Prince Andrew (a client of Epstein's) attest. I do deny that some Internet troll, or some racist slumlord, is gonna bust them wide open ~any day now~.

Spilling humans' or animals' blood has no magical effect. Why would it?
If you were fighting for something, what would that be?