Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:38 am

Hey, anyone heard anything about Trump lately?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Random

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Random » Sat Jun 06, 2020 7:00 pm

Nope.
There are 2 Gods. One who created us. The other you created. The God you made up is just like you-thrives on flattery-makes you live in fear.

Believe in the God who created us. And the God you created should be abolished.
PK

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sat Jun 06, 2020 9:57 pm

I hear he's been hiding out in his bunker.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:48 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sun Jun 21, 2020 10:34 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Jun 19, 2020 10:48 pm

:lol: :lol: :lol:

His rally didn't go as well as he would have liked.
At 70 years-old, my older self would tell my younger self to use the words, "f*ck off" much more frequently. --Helen Mirren

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:46 am

If the election was between Trump and Cthulhu the choice would be simple. We would pick the lesser of two evils and let President Cthulhu govern us for the next four years.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:12 am

-- Moksha

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Wed Jul 08, 2020 3:45 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Jul 08, 2020 8:12 am
Gawd! Don't scare me!

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Jul 10, 2020 6:40 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Jun 22, 2020 1:46 am
If the election was between Trump and Cthulhu the choice would be simple. We would pick the lesser of two evils and let President Cthulhu govern us for the next four years.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Give It Time

Post by Give It Time » Sat Jul 11, 2020 3:55 pm

This just in:

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 pm

Why is the Darth Vader theme playing in my head?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:49 am

Hagoth wrote:
Sun Jul 12, 2020 5:52 pm
Why is the Darth Vader theme playing in my head?
Darth Vader?

Silence of the Lambs was my first thought.

“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sat Jul 18, 2020 1:22 pm

Survivor.jpg
Survivor.jpg (82.45 KiB) Viewed 26096 times
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

EternityIsNow

Post by EternityIsNow » Sat Jul 18, 2020 2:55 pm

In 2015 Trump said it was time to remove the Confederate Flag from capitols to museums.

Four days ago (July 2020) he said: ""All I say is freedom of speech, it's very simple," he replied. "My attitude is freedom of speech. Very strong views on the Confederate flag. With me, it's freedom of speech. Very simple. Like it, don't like it, it's freedom of speech."

Currently he can be found sitting in a corner draped in a Confederate Flag. The question remains, when will both be moved to museums?

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Jul 29, 2020 11:07 pm

-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Aug 07, 2020 1:51 am

This is a very helpful video in terms of understanding Donald Trump: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SUTYsl9TTvA
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:47 pm

I can think of a very strong reason why Mormons and everyone else should be concerned with the damage Trump and his Postmaster General are doing to the Post Office in order to win the upcoming election. The damage Trump does before November will be reaped with a greater vengeance at Christmas time when gifts do not arrive.

That brand new solid pewter gold-plated Christus statue will be stuck aboard some freighter bound for ports unknown because the sorting machines were removed to interfere with mail-in ballots!!!

Think again about receiving your Liahona in time to prepare for your scheduled talk.
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:25 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Aug 18, 2020 11:47 pm
I can think of a very strong reason why Mormons and everyone else should be concerned with the damage Trump and his Postmaster General are doing to the Post Office in order to win the upcoming election. The damage Trump does before November will be reaped with a greater vengeance at Christmas time when gifts do not arrive.
And yet, the few TBMs I still follow on FB are adamant Trump supporters. I don't know why. It baffles me. They are not dumb people. I guess it is to do with voting for the republican party, no matter the outcome. My dad is like that. He does NOT like Trump, but will vote for him anyway. He's republican. Democrats are dangerous and spend too much. I do have one cousin, TBM, that does not live in the US. She thinks Trump is a putz, and should be voted out. Watching her threads (thankfully with translation) shows that her friends find the USA as laughable in a tragic way.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Sep 04, 2020 11:50 pm

This seems like a pretty big story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9JhnB9wQk
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Sep 06, 2020 11:39 pm

This helps explain Trump's support. It is called Top 10 Obama Scandals. Some of the scandals as told by Fox News were not wearing a suit coat in the Oval Office, Barak and Michelle going out on a date, and wearing a light tan suit.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?reload=9& ... e=youtu.be

--------------------

Oh yeah, seems this calling fallen American soldiers "a bunch of losers" is still a big story:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dw9JhnB9wQk
-- Moksha