Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Hagoth » Mon Feb 15, 2021 10:26 am

wtfluff wrote:
Sat Feb 13, 2021 10:05 pm
LeftBank.jpg
Best cartoon ever!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Feb 23, 2021 8:01 pm

Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Send Republican Money to Trump.com

Post by moksha » Wed Mar 10, 2021 1:29 am

Lindsey Graham admits that Trump could "destroy" GOP after he sent the RNC a cease-and-desist letter. The Senator continued to describe the former President along the lines of the duality of man. Trump, he said, has both a "dark side" and some "magic" in him. "What I'm trying to do is just harness the magic." Trump rose up on his stump and shouted, "So girly man think he can control Demon Trump? Trump crush!"

Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell, R-Ky., has criticized Trump in the past several weeks, but said that he would ultimately support the former President's potential bid in 2024. "What else can we do? This hellspawn will have us all in its gullet if we do not capitulate to its demands", McConnell explained. "Romney's safe because he is coated in Mormon saliva which the demon cannot digest. It views the rest of us as delicious turtle soup."

[url]https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/pol ... -BB1enw77?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Mar 11, 2021 12:03 am

Former President Donald Trump issued a statement Wednesday on presidential letterhead: “Statement by Donald J. Trump, 45th President of the United States of America: I hope that everyone remembers when they’re getting the COVID-19 (often referred to as the China Virus) Vaccine, that if I wasn’t president, you wouldn’t be getting that beautiful ‘shot’ for 5 years, at best, and probably wouldn’t be getting it at all. I hope everyone remembers!”
Trump's lying never stops.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/trump-put ... d-vaccine?
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:04 pm

The Qanons and Trumpaholics believed Trump was supposed to take back the White House on January 6. Then it was January 20th, Then it was March 4th. Then it was March 20th.

When does it start sinking in?
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

LSOF

Post by LSOF » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:57 am

It will never sink in. They'll form a religion around Trump's "rightful" claim to power before they see reality.
"I appreciate your flesh needs to martyr me." Parture

"There is no contradiction between faith and science --- true science." Dr Zaius

Pastor, Lunar Society of Friends; CEO, Faithful Origins and Ontology League

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:09 pm

For the record, I’m still flying my Dan Quayle flag! :lol:
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:23 am

Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Is that the one featuring an Idahoe Potatoe on a red, white, and blue background? :D
-- Moksha

alas

Post by alas » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:38 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Mar 31, 2021 4:23 am
Red Ryder wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:09 pm
Is that the one featuring an Idahoe Potatoe on a red, white, and blue background? :D
We went up to our home in Idaho last week and saw about 10 Trump flags flying, Trump 2024. Of course there was one they were too cheap to buy a new flag and had painted 24 over the 20.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Apr 23, 2021 11:52 pm

The Trump admin awarded a firm up to $1.3 billion to make Covid vaccine syringes. Where are they?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bf6uKO3TMZM

https://www.nbcnews.com/health/health-c ... e-n1263872

More grifting on a large scale.

4/25 - another scam revealed:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ysKuPKsNmbc
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:46 am

Trump reinstatement day came and passed.

-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Sun Aug 15, 2021 5:52 am

moksha wrote:
Sat Aug 14, 2021 8:46 am
Trump reinstatement day came and passed.
And yet, the his followers march on. Hoping that the continuing investigations will land some Trumpians in prison. Hoping, not holding my breath, Trump will face legal consequences and loss of freedom. It would be nice to see "justice for all" include the wealthy and powerful.

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Sun Aug 15, 2021 8:34 am

I had practically forgotten about former President Buffoon... Unitl now. Thanks for that Penquin. :x
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Mon Sep 27, 2021 6:18 am

Death by Trump.

hmb

Post by hmb » Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:15 am

I'd so hoped by now that Trump would be a disastrous memory from the past. Sadly it's not to be. Not much surprised me any more, but the number of supporters, either out in the open or hiding in silence, amazes me. Sigh.

Cnsl1

Post by Cnsl1 » Mon Sep 27, 2021 7:03 pm

That's an interesting piece of data. I guess I shouldn't assume, so will check facts and verify, but i have seen a clear trend that anti-vaxxers trend to be Trump supporters, and also seem to be the people most likely to get sick, and most likely to die, based on my small observational sample size.

I'm not sure why avoiding a vaccine has become a right wing thing. Not sure why a lack of interest in following the science became a conservative thing. I saw some research recently showing that people who tend towards conspiracy theories have lower abilities in areas of critical and divergent thinking.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Sep 30, 2021 12:44 am

Trump is suing to keep information about his involvement in the January 6th insurrection secret.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 08, 2021 4:32 pm

Trump claims George Washington and Abe Lincoln could not have beaten him... delusional narcissism on display.

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-c ... ic-2021-10
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:42 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 am
If Trump loses the election, then Hatred won.
Trump lost because Biden had more voters.
I can tell you have a very mechanical mind.

But aside from the mechanics there is the spirit as well.
The spirit of lying out of your butt.

The Discuss Mormonism board has been plagued by someone eerily similar to SaidNobody who has been disrupting threads for months.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Oct 20, 2021 6:04 am

After fomenting the January 6th insurrection, Trump has been searching for a way to set a new low.
-- Moksha