Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Cnsl1
Posts: 594
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Cnsl1 » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:23 am

Good God. If anyone can say they've never met an Evangelical they must be living alone on a deserted island with nothing but coconuts and old Hemingway novels.

And even then.. there are the coconuts.

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 6:03 am

Cnsl1 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:23 am
Good God. If anyone can say they've never met an Evangelical they must be living alone on a deserted island with nothing but coconuts and old Hemingway novels.

And even then.. there are the coconuts.
Also a basement maybe?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:35 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:59 am
Maybe you can help me out. Moksha doesn’t hate the people he doesn’t know but he disparages them and you think that is funny?
Please knock off the stupid ad hominems. Saying that I doubted the Evangelicals would support Al Capone in the 1930s is not disparaging them. If anything it is praise for following virtue rather than criminality. Capone was eventually brought to justice on RICO charges, the same that Trump is currently facing.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:08 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 12:35 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2024 7:59 am
Maybe you can help me out. Moksha doesn’t hate the people he doesn’t know but he disparages them and you think that is funny?
Please knock off the stupid ad hominems. Saying that I doubted the Evangelicals would support Al Capone in the 1930s is not disparaging them. If anything it is praise for following virtue rather than criminality. Capone was eventually brought to justice on RICO charges, the same that Trump is currently facing.
Oh, I see now. You are praising the Evangelicals of then and now. Is that it? You respect their choices now?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:57 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:08 pm
Oh, I see now. You are praising the Evangelicals of then and now. Is that it? You respect their choices now?
I think it is probably a waste trying to talk with you. Deliberately misframing everything is more of a curse than an art.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Thu Jan 11, 2024 4:26 pm

moksha wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 3:57 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2024 1:08 pm
Oh, I see now. You are praising the Evangelicals of then and now. Is that it? You respect their choices now?
I think it is probably a waste trying to talk with you. Deliberately misframing everything is more of a curse than an art.
So you are not praising the Evangelicals? Maybe you could just explain what in the hell you are doing? Cuz, from where I sit, it sure looks like you are judging Evangelicals for something related to Trump. Not sure though - you aren't very clear about it.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
Angel
Posts: 799
Joined: Thu May 31, 2018 8:26 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Angel » Sat Jan 13, 2024 8:33 pm

I haven't read through the 48 pages here. Just in case no one else has posted it, example podcast discussing the NAR movement

https://youtu.be/v33PDIst_ew?si=jz9v9f5eMRiNq3e1
“You have learned something...That always feels at first as if you have lost something.” George Bernard Shaw
When it is dark enough, you can see the stars. ~ Ralph Waldo Emerson

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:49 pm

Trump has been ordered to pay $83 million for the defamation of E. Jean Carroll.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/law/jury-se ... n-07785bd5
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

hmb
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:38 pm

moksha wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:49 pm
Trump has been ordered to pay $83 million for the defamation of E. Jean Carroll.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/law/jury-se ... n-07785bd5
In his, Trump's, response to the $$$$$, he didn't mentioned Carroll. I wonder if this punishment will finally get him to lay off?

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:51 pm

hmb wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:38 pm
moksha wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:49 pm
Trump has been ordered to pay $83 million for the defamation of E. Jean Carroll.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/law/jury-se ... n-07785bd5
In his, Trump's, response to the $$$$$, he didn't mentioned Carroll. I wonder if this punishment will finally get him to lay off?
Lay off of what?
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:56 pm

Alex Jones:
-Deplatformed
-Defaulted into liability verdict
-"Trial" only on quantum
-Prohibited from asserting innocence
-Restricted in what he could say in his own defense

Steve Bannon:
-Stripped of defenses by judge

Roger Stone:
-Gagged by judge

Donald Trump NY Fraud Case with Judge Engoron
-Deplatformed
-Gaged by judge
-Summary Judgment into liability verdict
-"Trial" only on quantum only
-Prohibited from asserting innocence
-Restricted in what he could say in his own defense

Donald Trump E. Jean Carroll Case with Judge Kaplan 2nd Case
-Deplatformed
-"Trial" only on quantum only
-Prohibited from asserting innocence
-Restricted in what he could say in his own defense

Call it communism, fascism, tyranny, kangaroo courts, banana republic, whatever...

THIS IS NOT AMERICA. WAKE UP BEFORE YOU LOSE YOUR COUNTRY FOREVER. IF IT'S NOT TOO LATE ALREADY.

And if you are ok with this, YOU ARE THE FASCIST.
I really don't give two of anything for these people. But, if you are okay with this process, don't be to bugged by the consequences. This is bad. This is really, really, really bad. As bad as it gets, frankly. Justice, for all intents and purposes, is being destroyed by politicization.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

hmb
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:17 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:51 pm
hmb wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:38 pm
moksha wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 3:49 pm
Trump has been ordered to pay $83 million for the defamation of E. Jean Carroll.

https://www.wsj.com/us-news/law/jury-se ... n-07785bd5
In his, Trump's, response to the $$$$$, he didn't mentioned Carroll. I wonder if this punishment will finally get him to lay off?
Lay off of what?
Sorry. "Lay off" meant talking crap about E. Jean Carroll. The amount of money needed to be big enough to get Trump's attention. Shut-up or pay-up. Trump has not not talked negatively about her since the trial ended, yesterday. Maybe he finally learned something. Time will tell. That's what I was talking about.

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm

hmb wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:17 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:51 pm
hmb wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 5:38 pm


In his, Trump's, response to the $$$$$, he didn't mentioned Carroll. I wonder if this punishment will finally get him to lay off?
Lay off of what?
Sorry. "Lay off" meant talking crap about E. Jean Carroll. The amount of money needed to be big enough to get Trump's attention. Shut-up or pay-up. Trump has not not talked negatively about her since the trial ended, yesterday. Maybe he finally learned something. Time will tell. That's what I was talking about.
If someone talks shit about Russell Nelson can he sue them for 83 million? What if Hagoth talks shit about me?

You obviously dont need to answer. But damn. If talking shit is worth a nickel or 83 million, I am both rich and broke.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

hmb
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:24 am

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm
hmb wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:17 pm
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Fri Jan 26, 2024 9:51 pm


Lay off of what?
Sorry. "Lay off" meant talking crap about E. Jean Carroll. The amount of money needed to be big enough to get Trump's attention. Shut-up or pay-up. Trump has not not talked negatively about her since the trial ended, yesterday. Maybe he finally learned something. Time will tell. That's what I was talking about.
If someone talks shit about Russell Nelson can he sue them for 83 million? What if Hagoth talks shit about me?

You obviously dont need to answer. But damn. If talking shit is worth a nickel or 83 million, I am both rich and broke.
What a ridiculous comparison. Trump was ordered by the court to stop defaming Carroll. He didn't. If you were ordered by a court to modify your behavior and didn't, what do you think would happen? If you live with a modest income, you would not be sued for millions. The fine has to hurt for it to be effective. Trump has billions (he has said so for years). He's already shown that $5 million didn't make him stop trashing her. So far, since the $83 million punishment, Trump has not spit out any written or verbal statements on Carroll. He could have avoided all this mess by listening to the court to keep his mouth shut. His actions...his choices..."Let the Consequence follow."

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:41 am

hmb wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 6:24 am
Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 6:47 pm
hmb wrote:
Sat Jan 27, 2024 3:17 pm

Sorry. "Lay off" meant talking crap about E. Jean Carroll. The amount of money needed to be big enough to get Trump's attention. Shut-up or pay-up. Trump has not not talked negatively about her since the trial ended, yesterday. Maybe he finally learned something. Time will tell. That's what I was talking about.
If someone talks shit about Russell Nelson can he sue them for 83 million? What if Hagoth talks shit about me?

You obviously dont need to answer. But damn. If talking shit is worth a nickel or 83 million, I am both rich and broke.
What a ridiculous comparison. Trump was ordered by the court to stop defaming Carroll. He didn't. If you were ordered by a court to modify your behavior and didn't, what do you think would happen? If you live with a modest income, you would not be sued for millions. The fine has to hurt for it to be effective. Trump has billions (he has said so for years). He's already shown that $5 million didn't make him stop trashing her. So far, since the $83 million punishment, Trump has not spit out any written or verbal statements on Carroll. He could have avoided all this mess by listening to the court to keep his mouth shut. His actions...his choices..."Let the Consequence follow."
Using the justice system to gag and punish political foes has consequences. But hey, Orange man bad so who cares if what that @$&@ said is true and who cares if the judge, financier and counsel were in cahoots?

The process matters, even for people you and I don’t like.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

hmb
Posts: 466
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by hmb » Sun Jan 28, 2024 3:46 pm

Mayan_Elephant wrote:
Sun Jan 28, 2024 7:41 am
The process matters, even for people you and I don’t like.
This is a true statement!!

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:00 am

The Federal Appeals Court rejected Trump's claim of absolute immunity.
“We cannot accept former President Trump’s claim that a President has unbounded authority to commit crimes that would neutralize the most fundamental check on executive power — the recognition and implementation of election results. Nor can we sanction his apparent contention that the Executive has carte blanche to violate the rights of individual citizens to vote and to have their votes count.”
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:21 am

moksha wrote:
Wed Feb 07, 2024 3:00 am
The Federal Appeals Court rejected Trump's claim of absolute immunity.
“We cannot accept former President Trump’s claim that a President has unbounded authority to commit crimes that would neutralize the most fundamental check on executive power — the recognition and implementation of election results. Nor can we sanction his apparent contention that the Executive has carte blanche to violate the rights of individual citizens to vote and to have their votes count.”
oh my gosh.

That should give Trump another boost in the polls. Jack Smith for farce czar!
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 5155
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by moksha » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:19 pm

Dirty Bird wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:32 am
I like Trump because he's a huge Mother fxxxin asshole! I like Trump because he doesn't care about Marxist feelings or the Marxist agenda.
An unprincipled tyrant who will make the trains run on time or else.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Mayan_Elephant
Posts: 465
Joined: Thu May 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by Mayan_Elephant » Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:30 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 7:19 pm
Dirty Bird wrote:
Mon Feb 12, 2024 8:32 am
I like Trump because he's a huge Mother fxxxin asshole! I like Trump because he doesn't care about Marxist feelings or the Marxist agenda.
An unprincipled tyrant who will make the trains run on time or else.
People hate it when the trains crash and their kids die. Being late is also an inconvenience.

But maybe you acknowledge that Trump is an asshole. If so, thats progress.
“Not ripe in spring, no standing by summer, Laches by fall, and moot by winter.”

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 17 guests