Keeping up with Trump

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
SaidNobody

Re: Keeping up with Trump

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:42 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:42 am
The Democratic Party looks like America. The Republican Party looks like the Antebellum south, and they will cling to that until their fingers turn black and fall off.
There is a reason for this. I will not go into all of the background of this stuff. Democrat most definitely go out and "promise" to represent these groups. Not just promise, but shame and attack those non-white people that seek to resist their influence. The Teachers Union is mostly women, but the union basically force their members to vote a specific way, at the very least, their dues go to supporting people the union deems worthy.

I have been talking to a man from Chicago for about 12 years now. He hates white people. He voted for Biden and I haven't forgiven him. But the Dems promise to help these people and yet nothing ever improves. There was a big increase of Black men that voted for Trump, as well as Latios. They saw something that would actually work for them. I know what it is. I also have a strong opinion why Black men leaned toward Trump yet Black women didn't.

But, just because Dems have "seduced" these people doesn't mean that they are actually helping them.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:53 am

(Sigh)

Tell you what, SPG. Let's meet back here February 1st. If Trump is still president I'll eat my mask. If Biden is president you can eat your MAGA hat.

But please, please tell me that you aren't just a little bit concerned that Trump has been taking his plans from the dictator's playbook: refusal to concede power, discrediting all media that doesn't worshipfully praise of him, telling lies and spreading false propaganda (I know you think most of his lies are harmless - but they're still lies! And they are not harmless, they set a precedent), creating confusion and dividing the country, attempts to change the results of an election (I know how you feel about that, but it is nonetheless true), dogwhistle calls for violence to supportive paramilitary groups, and his latest and scariest move: replacement of stable military officials with opportunistic loyalists...

And, as a last gasp, will he now pressure states into replacing electors with party-liners who vote against the voting results? If that happens you might as well dig a hole and bury the American flag.

You don't need to respond. This is all just rhetorical. I'm just so, so disillusioned with nasty pettiness of this regime and what a global embarrassment they are to our country. And I am deeply disappointed at how many people applaud that kind of behavior. We are better than that.

Talk to you February 1st.

p.s, in case I didn't mention it, I'm a registered Republican but I fear that party is dead now.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 12, 2020 7:29 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:53 am
And, as a last gasp, will he now pressure states into replacing electors with party-liners who vote against the voting results? If that happens you might as well dig a hole and bury the American flag.
How do we have a democracy after that?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

deacon blues

Post by deacon blues » Thu Nov 12, 2020 9:35 am

Maybe we're going about it wrong. We (the people) don't ask Trump to concede the election, we ask King Donald I to abdicate the throne. :? :o

P.S. This is rhetorical too. :D
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Nov 12, 2020 2:48 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:53 am
p.s, in case I didn't mention it, I'm a registered Republican but I fear that party is dead now.
I don't have a MAGA hat.

I was independent until a couple of years ago. I was never terrible pleased with neither side.

Trump once said that if he ever ran for president that he would do it as a republican because they were the stupidest people on earth.

Of course he was a Democrat at the time that he said that.

There was some line in the movie American President it said something about drinking the sand because they didn't know the difference. Trump gave us something that was different and we liked it. It was fulfilling promises that he made. Trump came into the presidency with his own agenda. Strangely enough he was able to give Republicans almost everything they wanted in return for their support. And somehow but he wanted to do didn't offend them at all.

Mainstream media has painted Donald Trump as an incompetent liar. Because I don't have a mega hat I will not agree to eat one. Who knows who's had it will have been on. But I think that the media is going to have a hard time explaining this one.

Trump doesn't get his way by appointing radical czars in office. His people follow the law. And he follows the law. Trump has done most of his work without the support of the agencies. He had to fire his own Secretary of defense because he was rouge. That means he was not doing his job but rather following directions from other people. That is why he fired general mattis. General Mattis thought we should stay in conflicts for years and years and Trump had a solution that cut it short.

I have followed Donald Trump for years. not exactly as a fan but as a matter of curiosity. He can take a beating like no one I've ever known. And somehow he comes out with the tallest building.

Trump is not a dictator. He genuinely loves his country. But he's also not a wimp he rolls over and dies at the first sign of opposition.

I remember listening to the exit interview of George W Bush. They asked him what had surprised him most about being president. He said that the press had surprised him the most. He didn't realize they had that much power or that they could destroy someone so quickly. He had tried to express his opinion on something and they quickly trashed him leaving him holed up in his white house for a couple of weeks.

The press loved Obama. They protected him like no one else. If anyone stepped out of line the press took them down. And they went after Trump and Trump fought back to the very point of taking Obama's position and unweaving most of what he did.

Trump is a typical badass but he's not a dictator.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:26 pm

I’m a registered republican....well because....I can’t stand trump. I vote for the candidate who I think will do the best job, and give no credence to party...I do give credence to Credence Clearwater Revival, however.
~2bizE

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:30 pm

2bizE wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 5:26 pm
I’m a registered republican....well because....I can’t stand trump. I vote for the candidate who I think will do the best job, and give no credence to party...I do give credence to Credence Clearwater Revival, however.
You voted for Trump. Me too.

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:10 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Nov 12, 2020 6:30 pm
2bizE wrote:
Nope, I voted for Biden.
~2bizE

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:41 am

2bizE wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 1:10 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
2bizE wrote:
Nope, I voted for Biden.
You voted for hate. Make no mistake. That even though you may have marked next to Joe Biden's name that you were voting for your hate. Which was still voting for Trump.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:59 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:41 am
2bizE wrote:
SaidNobody wrote:

Nope, I voted for Biden.
You voted for hate. Make no mistake. That even though you may have marked next to Joe Biden's name that you were voting for your hate. Which was still voting for Trump.
Gonna have to explain that one, dude.
Learn to doubt the stories you tell about yourselves and your adversaries.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 am

Reuben wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 4:59 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Nov 16, 2020 9:41 am
2bizE wrote:

Nope, I voted for Biden.
Gonna have to explain that one, dude.
Usually, we have candidates present themselves before the voters, mainly in front of the two large parties, D & R.
Republicans had Trump. Mostly, we loved Trump. Not in a sexual way, but in an "OMG, is this a politician actually doing what he said" sort of way. We know he was a little too much for some people like 2bizE. But many democrats liked him too. It is thought that on average 20% of those at Trump rallies were democrats. We voted FOR Trump and NOT just the R on the ticket.

Biden probably would have lost the primary election if Iowa hadn't messed up the results. The candidates moved to the next state before the results were in. Biden lost and that would have probably have sunk his campaign. Bernie was the favorite. The Dems really didn't want Bernie, so they screwed him over. . . . again.

Again, Bernie might have still won but Warren stayed in long enough to derail him. So coming into the finals, Biden was a series of blunders and mistakes, that might have actually been planned by hidden forces. Biden is weak. Even on the campaign trail, he got confused. He is actually guilty (though not convicted) of corruption in Ukraine and Romania. No one really wanted to deal with it. And when the Hunter Laptop came out, it was everyone's worst fears. He was corrupt. Emails connect him and his family's corruption all over the globe. He constantly flipped on the issues like fracking, and defunding the police, and said he was going to raise taxes on the rich and revoke Trump's tax cuts for the middle class. Nobody wanted this guy.

On election, people didn't come out to the polls to vote for Biden. They came to vote against Trump. The MSM had created a monster out of Trump, as a racist, p-grabbing, pathological liar, woman-hating, baby-eating, blood-sucking, and impeached devil. There was only one way to stop such a monster from getting into office, and that was to vote for Biden.

Now, I know that some people vote Blue, no matter who, but that isn't voting for Biden either. That is just hated in a different form.

If Trump loses the election, then Hatred won. But, for the record, those of us that did vote for him, voted because we loved and wanted HIM in office. And millions of people are at this moment praying to god with all of their heart that Trump wins because what we see in Joe is also a monster. A weak shell of greed that has sold us out to other countries before. He traded our jobs, our security, our dominance, to reward his family and friends. He hasn't done a single thing worth noting, and those that think something is worth noting are disasters. Iran deal, Ukraine security, Obamacare, Super predator bill, and so on. But worse than it all, they know he is too old. And Harris is the most mercenary person they could have chosen.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 9:53 am
If Trump loses the election, then Hatred won.
Trump lost because Biden had more voters.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 am

moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
I can tell you have a very mechanical mind.

But aside from the mechanics there is the spirit as well.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Now, I know that some people vote Blue, no matter who, but that isn't voting for Biden either. That is just hated in a different form.

If Trump loses the election, then Hatred won. [...]
Why? What does voting Blue or voting against Trump have to do with hatred? You've made the assertion, but you haven't backed it up.

But the thing I'm really curious to know is how this works:
That even though you may have marked next to Joe Biden's name that you were voting for your hate. Which was still voting for Trump.
It reads like "even if you voted for Biden, you voted for Trump," and the reason is "because you voted for hate," which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:10 pm

Reuben wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 2:41 pm
SaidNobody wrote:

Why? What does voting Blue or voting against Trump have to do with hatred? You've made the assertion, but you haven't backed it up.

That even though you may have marked next to Joe Biden's name that you were voting for your hate. Which was still voting for Trump.
It reads like "even if you voted for Biden, you voted for Trump," and the reason is "because you voted for hate," which doesn't make a lot of sense to me.
Voting blue no matter who is still hate. I am not so much against this part. The vote blue no matter who people seem to carry a sense of self-righteousness that if you don't vote blue that you are stupid and uneducated. There is a lot of judgment that comes from these vote blue no matter who people.

Prior to 2019 I was registered as an independent. I would vote anyway that pleased me. When I became a Republican I swore that I would never vote for Democrats again. There is a sinister history buried in the Democrat lineage. I don't hate Democrats but I hate history of violence and bigotry that is the basis of their philosophy. They were the party that justified having slaves and fought to keep them. There is a lot more to it than that but that's sort of sums it up.

I am of course being mildly facetious when I say that when you voted for Biden that you voted for Trump. What I meant by that is that your vote for Biden was really your hate Trump. So in a sense Trump still dictated your vote. Like say that you take the scenic route through the mountains. Did you take the route because you love the scenery or because you hate the city traffic? What you did is perhaps less important than why you did it.

Reuben

Post by Reuben » Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 10:10 pm
Reuben wrote:
SaidNobody wrote:

Voting blue no matter who is still hate. I am not so much against this part. The vote blue no matter who people seem to carry a sense of self-righteousness that if you don't vote blue that you are stupid and uneducated. There is a lot of judgment that comes from these vote blue no matter who people.

Prior to 2019 I was registered as an independent. I would vote anyway that pleased me. When I became a Republican I swore that I would never vote for Democrats again. There is a sinister history buried in the Democrat lineage. I don't hate Democrats but I hate history of violence and bigotry that is the basis of their philosophy. They were the party that justified having slaves and fought to keep them. There is a lot more to it than that but that's sort of sums it up.

I am of course being mildly facetious when I say that when you voted for Biden that you voted for Trump. What I meant by that is that your vote for Biden was really your hate Trump. So in a sense Trump still dictated your vote. Like say that you take the scenic route through the mountains. Did you take the route because you love the scenery or because you hate the city traffic? What you did is perhaps less important than why you did it.
Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

Now the part that doesn't make sense is that you think voting straight Blue is a sign of hate, but voting straight Red is justified because Blue is evil. That you're being reasonable but they're being arrogant. That you're offering an accurate evaluation of them, but they're being judgmental of you.

Heck, I can just switch a few words in what you wrote and get something that accurately expresses the sentiments of "vote Blue no matter who" Democrats:
Prior to 2019 I was registered as an independent. I would vote anyway that pleased me. When I became a Democrat I swore that I would never vote for Republicans again. There is a sinister history buried in the Republican lineage. I don't hate Republicans but I hate history of violence and bigotry that is the basis of their philosophy. They were the party that justified oppressive laws and fought to keep them. There is a lot more to it than that but that's sort of sums it up.
I've even generalized slavery to oppressive laws so you can more easily switch it back.

I'm not accusing you of hate. I'm saying that people always think they have good reasons to vote for one party, that the reasons don't actually come down to hate, and that you're stereotyping millions of people unfairly.

(I'm well aware that Blue stereotypes Red, too, and I'm more than willing to push back on that, too.)

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Nov 19, 2020 2:51 am

SaidNobody wrote:
I don't hate Democrats but I hate history of violence and bigotry that is the basis of their philosophy. They were the party that justified having slaves and fought to keep them. There is a lot more to it than that but that's sort of sums it up.
Times and roles sure have changed. Now the Republicans find themselves touting how slavery benefited the slaves and have assumed the role of the opposition leader to civil rights.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Nov 19, 2020 6:35 am

Reuben wrote:
Thu Nov 19, 2020 1:48 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Reuben wrote:

Okay, that makes sense. Thanks.

Now the part that doesn't make sense is that you think voting straight Blue is a sign of hate, but voting straight Red is justified because Blue is evil. That you're being reasonable but they're being arrogant. That you're offering an accurate evaluation of them, but they're being judgmental of you.

Heck, I can just switch a few words in what you wrote and get something that accurately expresses the sentiments of "vote Blue no matter who" Democrats:
Prior to 2019 I was registered as an independent. I would vote anyway that pleased me. When I became a Democrat I swore that I would never vote for Republicans again. There is a sinister history buried in the Republican lineage. I don't hate Republicans but I hate history of violence and bigotry that is the basis of their philosophy. They were the party that justified oppressive laws and fought to keep them. There is a lot more to it than that but that's sort of sums it up.
I've even generalized slavery to oppressive laws so you can more easily switch it back.

I'm not accusing you of hate. I'm saying that people always think they have good reasons to vote for one party, that the reasons don't actually come down to hate, and that you're stereotyping millions of people unfairly.

(I'm well aware that Blue stereotypes Red, too, and I'm more than willing to push back on that, too.)
Nothing wrong with voting straight blue. And it's more of the full blue no matter who that demonstrates the hate.

I'm not directly opposed to hate. It is the rejection of something or someone that you don't like. How you express or manifest that rejection says a lot about who you are. For example it might hate jaywalking therefore I don't do it. Someone else who hates jaywalking maybe attempt to run the pedestrians over.

The blue hates red or vice versa doesn't disturb me as much as when one party physically attacks another.

"Vote blue no matter who" the people who are rejecting the red no matter what. It isn't so much belief in policies as it is the rejection of another identity. When I say that I will never vote Democrat again that is an expression of hate. It doesn't necessarily mean I will always vote red.

It is okay to hate/reject some things. I don't think it excuses bad behavior though.

But hate is a matured form of fear. Fear is a hormone or chemical process in the body. When fear has been too long in someone it begins to distort their mind and their reality. Enemies begin to appear where there are none. Active and aggressive rejection becomes natural.

Survival is the primary element of life. Fear is the primary element of survival. We must take care not to fear each other. I am not guiltless of this sin. But I try to engage with people and show that they have no reason to fear me.

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:23 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:34 am
moksha wrote:
Tue Nov 17, 2020 10:32 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
I can tell you have a very mechanical mind.

But aside from the mechanics there is the spirit as well.
I decided to carefully word that reply. This forum is not one for big-time contention, otherwise, I would have added a point by point rebuttal. I can understand the desire to limit contention. I remember right-wing poster Smokey at Mormon Discussions and the horrendous problems associated with those discussions. We want to push back when crap is being put forward, but there needs to be a place for civil discussion.
-- Moksha

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Fri Nov 20, 2020 11:53 am

moksha wrote:
Fri Nov 20, 2020 12:23 am
I decided to carefully word that reply. This forum is not one for big-time contention, otherwise, I would have added a point by point rebuttal. I can understand the desire to limit contention. I remember right-wing poster Smokey at Mormon Discussions and the horrendous problems associated with those discussions. We want to push back when crap is being put forward, but there needs to be a place for civil discussion.
I hope that I am being civil. And I appreciate that people here try to be. I understand that I am a trial to discuss things with. You could have given me a point by point rebuttal and my answer would have been the same. I understand that Joe Biden took X number of votes from the state and from that state and then some of those cases X is more than T.

America is divided into two groups of people. Those that believe we are choosing our path and those that don't.

I know that many of you here are in the first group. Somehow you think suppressing troublemakers, killing the unborn, revoking the 2A, supporting the poor, removing the borders, erasing gender, and hating white men is the will of the people.

The second group doesn't.

Democracy would settle disagreement but for years evidence of election fraud had been clear. Unlike the Trump election, where everything was blamed on Russia, this fraud is homegrown. Now, I won't bring up the talking point about how Dems were so eager to investigate Trump/Russia are full on blasting that there is nothing to see here.

When I said spirit is different than the mechanics I meant that we are mostly aware that Joe has more registered voters. Trump's team has found evidence that 2.7million votes were switched from Trump to Biden in the machines. Plus, about a million votes were added for Biden that seem fraudulent. PA (my state) changed 3 laws that gave Dems about 750,000 more votes.

So those of us in the second group are now in serious doubt that are opinions have been correctly considered. But we knew about this problem even before Hillary. We didn't know that it was this bad.

So this isn't just about being sore losers and not getting the most votes. We genuinely don't trust the system and begin to believe that many of the rights we have lost had nothing to do with the will of the people.