Want to vote in Utah? Register Republican!

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

Want to vote in Utah? Register Republican!

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jun 08, 2020 8:57 am

Mrs. Hagoth and I are Jon Huntsman Jr. fans, not just because he has a lot of experience and perspective, but because he is the least likely candidate to be a puppet for the church, but Utahns seem to be waking up to the fact that he is not properly church broke. Unfortunately, to vote in the primaries you have to be registered as Republican. This morning we took a deep breath, pulled up our big kids pants and became registered Republicans. If you're interested in doing likewise you can change your affiliation at https://vote.utah.gov/ and choose Register To Vote Or Update Registration. That's also where you request the ballot mailed to you.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

RubinHighlander

Re: Want to vote in Utah? Register Republican!

Post by RubinHighlander » Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:10 am

After several years hiatus, I have considered re-establishing my registered Republican status, just so I can better participate. Also, the old adage of keeping your enemies close. I hate Jon much less than other politicians; he seems to be a very moderate mormon, especially where you are forced to vote for them with no other good choices in this state. I guess a guy who really loves the Foo Fighters can't be all bad.
“Sir,' I said to the universe, 'I exist.' 'That,' said the universe, 'creates no sense of obligation in me whatsoever.”
--Douglas Adams

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YzmYP3PbfXE

Hagoth

Re: Want to vote in Utah? Register Republican!

Post by Hagoth » Mon Jun 08, 2020 2:08 pm

RubinHighlander wrote:
Mon Jun 08, 2020 10:10 am
I guess a guy who really loves the Foo Fighters can't be all bad.
And his wife has been spotted drinking the devil's brew (coffee) in public. That's enough to scratch him off most Utahn's list.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."