Your Favorite Foods

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
1smartdodog

Re: Your Favorite Foods

Post by 1smartdodog » Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:06 pm

Hagoth wrote:The cheeseburger at Ray's Tavern in Green River, UT. I plan my trips around it.
Love Ray’s. Its always the last stop on the way home from A weekend in Moab. The word must be out. I was there two weeks ago and it was packed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:04 pm

1smartdodog wrote:
Thu Apr 21, 2022 5:06 pm
Hagoth wrote:The cheeseburger at Ray's Tavern in Green River, UT. I plan my trips around it.
Love Ray’s. Its always the last stop on the way home from A weekend in Moab. The word must be out. I was there two weeks ago and it was packed.
I was there two weeks ago too and it was packed. Maybe we almost crossed paths. We sat outside and service was faster than I expeced. I've been going there for many, many, many years.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jul 01, 2022 6:00 pm

This won the Betty Crocker contest for turkey leftovers from Thanksgiving, years ago:

Turkey Enchiladas

Chopped turkey meat
Sour cream 8 oz (can use cream cheese instead)
Cream of Mushroom soup 1 can
Green chiles, chopped, diced, or crushed 2 4 oz cans

Enchilada sauce, mild green 10 oz
2 lbs shredded Mozerella Cheese
1 large onion chopped
Olives optional
12 small flour tortillas to fill the pan and use ingredients

Spices:

Chile powder 2 tbsp
Salt 1.5 tsp
Pepper 1 tsp
Garlic Powder 1 tsp
Ground Cumin 1 tsp
Cayenne Pepper 1 tsp

Mix ingredients and put inside tortillas with some of the shredded cheese
Green enchilada sauce (chili verde) and the rest of the cheese on top. Place in greased pan and bake @ 350 for 30 minutes, checking every 10 minutes.

The oldest and youngest child like cheese on early so it is crispy. Middle child and dad like cheese last 10 minutes so it is cheesy.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha