Looking For Work

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Just This Guy

Looking For Work

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:17 pm

After multiple furlows, the temporary layoffs that I have had as just become permanent.

While I doubt anyone has leads in the mid-atlantic, If anyone knows of a company who would take a quality control engineer to work remotely, drop me a line.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

w2mz

Re: Looking For Work

Post by w2mz » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am

So sorry to hear this... I hope you find something quickly. I’m not sure about the mid-Atlantic, but if you have a military installation close and wouldn’t mind working for the Department of Defense, I saw an email recently from USA Jobs.com that the F-35 Lightning program is looking for engineers. Check out usajobs.com. Good luck.
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Today I started a new job. Manufacturing Quality Engineer for a well known mattress company. In addition to being a rather short lawoff, this new job has a raise and a bit more PTO than the last one.

While it has stressful at times, this went much smoother than my last layoff. So while I may not believe in a god, sometimes chance does work in your favor.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm
Today I started a new job. Manufacturing Quality Engineer for a well known mattress company. In addition to being a rather short lawoff, this new job has a raise and a bit more PTO than the last one.

While it has stressful at times, this went much smoother than my last layoff. So while I may not believe in a god, sometimes chance does work in your favor.
Congrats!

Getting laid off isn’t fun but often works out for the better.
Those who do not move do not notice their chains. —Rosa Luxemburg