Looking For Work

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Just This Guy

Looking For Work

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Aug 10, 2020 4:17 pm

After multiple furlows, the temporary layoffs that I have had as just become permanent.

While I doubt anyone has leads in the mid-atlantic, If anyone knows of a company who would take a quality control engineer to work remotely, drop me a line.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

w2mz

Re: Looking For Work

Post by w2mz » Tue Aug 11, 2020 9:00 am

So sorry to hear this... I hope you find something quickly. I’m not sure about the mid-Atlantic, but if you have a military installation close and wouldn’t mind working for the Department of Defense, I saw an email recently from USA Jobs.com that the F-35 Lightning program is looking for engineers. Check out usajobs.com. Good luck.
The church has engineered your eternal family into a commodity that can be purchased with an annual fee. The fact that full tithing payment is a requirement for saving ordinances is the biggest red flag imaginable. Hagoth

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm

Today I started a new job. Manufacturing Quality Engineer for a well known mattress company. In addition to being a rather short lawoff, this new job has a raise and a bit more PTO than the last one.

While it has stressful at times, this went much smoother than my last layoff. So while I may not believe in a god, sometimes chance does work in your favor.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Mon Sep 21, 2020 6:05 pm

Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:26 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:51 pm
Today I started a new job. Manufacturing Quality Engineer for a well known mattress company. In addition to being a rather short lawoff, this new job has a raise and a bit more PTO than the last one.

While it has stressful at times, this went much smoother than my last layoff. So while I may not believe in a god, sometimes chance does work in your favor.
Congrats!

Getting laid off isn’t fun but often works out for the better.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg