The Americans

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
A New Name

The Americans

Post by A New Name » Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:50 am

In this COVID-19 induced streaming marathon, My wife and I are 2/3rd the way through "The Americans" on Amazon Prime. For those not familiar with it, it is a cold war spy drama set in 1980's Washing DC, with a pair of KGB spies living as "Americans" in suburban Virginia, being parents during the day, and spies at night. Six seasons, with multiple awards when it was live on FX. Highly recommended.

Red Ryder

Re: The Americans

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Sep 11, 2020 9:27 am

A New Name wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 10:50 am
In this COVID-19 induced streaming marathon, My wife and I are 2/3rd the way through "The Americans" on Amazon Prime. For those not familiar with it, it is a cold war spy drama set in 1980's Washing DC, with a pair of KGB spies living as "Americans" in suburban Virginia, being parents during the day, and spies at night. Six seasons, with multiple awards when it was live on FX. Highly recommended.
I made it all the way through the middle of the 5th season before we got distracted by other shows. It slowed a little and just came to a halt. I’ll have to put this one back into the rotation.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

A New Name

Re: The Americans

Post by A New Name » Mon Sep 21, 2020 10:34 am

The 5th season was the slowest. Season 6 ends with a bang, with Elizabeth killing more people in one season than Tony Soprano did in the entire show! :lol: