Remake of The Stand

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
moksha

Remake of The Stand

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:36 pm

One of my favorite TV productions, The Stand, by Stephen King is being remade. It will be on CBS All Access. I think the length will be longer, which is a good thing. Will it be as well acted? Who knows. I think Whoopi Goldberg will be excellent as Mother Abigal (trivia: She was originally cast in 1994, but Ruby Dee had to take over due to scheduling conflicts with Sister Acts II. Whoopi will need way less aging makeup now.).

This is scheduled for December 2020. By then we will have an inkling of whether Trump wishes to release the Captain Tripps virus in order to eliminate voter opposition.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

1smartdodog

Remake of The Stand

Post by 1smartdodog » Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm

Loved the book and I am not a big King fan. The original miniseries was good. One of the few times the movie did not mess with the storyline of the book.

What bothers me is you are telling me the original is 36 years old. Cant be. That would make me old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
“Five percent of the people think; ten percent of the people think they think; and the other eighty-five percent would rather die than think.”
― Thomas A. Edison

Linked

Re: Remake of The Stand

Post by Linked » Thu Oct 15, 2020 3:47 pm

1smartdodog wrote:
Wed Oct 14, 2020 4:17 pm
Loved the book and I am not a big King fan. The original miniseries was good. One of the few times the movie did not mess with the storyline of the book.

What bothers me is you are telling me the original is 36 years old. Cant be. That would make me old.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
26 years. You had me scared there for a second.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Hagoth

Re: Remake of The Stand

Post by Hagoth » Fri Oct 16, 2020 7:09 am

Without Matt Frewer as the Trash Can Man? Nope.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."