Graceful Transfer of Power

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
User avatar
moksha
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by moksha » Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:19 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:04 pm
Trump tweeted out that the "Martial Law was fake news" and that has been my impression along.
Yeah, he also said COVID-19 was fake news. When Trump says something is fake you can pretty well count on it being true. That stems from his pathological lying disorder.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:25 pm

moksha wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 7:19 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Tue Dec 22, 2020 1:04 pm
Trump tweeted out that the "Martial Law was fake news" and that has been my impression along.
Yeah, he also said COVID-19 was fake news. When Trump says something is fake you can pretty well count on it being true. That stems from his pathological lying disorder.
He said the hype was fake. From my perspective the left used this to cause panic and guilt. As a former church member this seems very intentional. Trump never said the virus was a hoax to me. I'm not saying it didn't sound that way from time to time. But if you cared to listen, he never said it was a hoax.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by moksha » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:09 am

SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:25 pm
He said the hype was fake. From my perspective the left used this to cause panic and guilt. As a former church member this seems very intentional. Trump never said the virus was a hoax to me. I'm not saying it didn't sound that way from time to time. But if you cared to listen, he never said it was a hoax.
President Donald Trump claimed Monday that the worsening coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. is a “Fake News Media Conspiracy.” Trump has repeatedly downplayed the virus and has insisted that the U.S. has more cases than any other country only because the nation tests more people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/26/coronav ... -rise.html
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by SaidNobody » Sun Dec 27, 2020 8:03 am

moksha wrote:
Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:09 am
SaidNobody wrote:
Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:25 pm
He said the hype was fake. From my perspective the left used this to cause panic and guilt. As a former church member this seems very intentional. Trump never said the virus was a hoax to me. I'm not saying it didn't sound that way from time to time. But if you cared to listen, he never said it was a hoax.
President Donald Trump claimed Monday that the worsening coronavirus outbreak in the U.S. is a “Fake News Media Conspiracy.” Trump has repeatedly downplayed the virus and has insisted that the U.S. has more cases than any other country only because the nation tests more people.

https://www.cnbc.com/2020/10/26/coronav ... -rise.html
"The worsening coronavirus outbreak" at the time of this article the daily positive tests were at near an all time low. The uptick (ramp up) hasn't been explained to my satisfaction. Some are saying that it is a second strain, which is more virulent and perhaps more deadly.

One might wonder how they would have known that it was getting worse when the data trends on that day were actually showing that it was getting better. Trump was reading the data trends while the news agencies were getting their news from somewhere else.

I probably don't have to remind you what I think of our national media. But just in case you didn't know they have all sold themselves to the highest bidder. Their job is obviously to spread as much fear as they can.

Amateur researchers claim that the statistics for the flu and pneumonia and other diseases common to winter show almost no deaths. All death is being related to COVID-19. I admit that I cannot validate this myself as I cannot seem to find current data for these numbers.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:26 pm

Is anybody feeling anxious about Trump's proposed insurgency day on January 6th?
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by SaidNobody » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:16 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:26 pm
Is anybody feeling anxious about Trump's proposed insurgency day on January 6th?
I thought we called them peaceful protests?

Burning cities, attacking officials, making terrorist demands, is more like what we have been through. People are just going to support their president. Nothing to be nervous about.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by moksha » Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:28 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:16 pm
People are just going to support their president. Nothing to be nervous about.
Sort of like a painless root canal or blitzkrieg? The Proud Boys will be toting assault rifles in the Nation's Capitol and they are looking toward committing the biggest voter fraud ever in dismantling the American democracy.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
River Morgan2
Posts: 78
Joined: Sat Dec 12, 2020 5:15 pm

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by River Morgan2 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 6:44 pm

moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 5:28 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:16 pm
People are just going to support their president. Nothing to be nervous about.
Sort of like a painless root canal or blitzkrieg? The Proud Boys will be toting assault rifles in the Nation's Capitol and they are looking toward committing the biggest voter fraud ever in dismantling the American democracy.
I am celebrating Jan. 6 as Emancipation Day. If Trump tries any more of his overt election stealing and sedition after that date then it should be criminal.

River
Every time you find humor in a difficult situation, you win. -Snoopy

Cnsl1
Posts: 116
Joined: Thu Mar 15, 2018 1:27 pm

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by Cnsl1 » Mon Jan 04, 2021 10:11 pm

If I had any respect for the man, and I don't know that I did, but he's the president after all, that would have vanished listening to his phone rant to the GA state leaders about getting or finding him 11 thousand or so more votes. He sounded like a spoiled jackass at best. He didn't appear to be a guy fit to lead a committee meeting, let alone a nation. I've worked with assholes like that. It's no fun. No wonder why most working closely with him can't stand him. I'm sorry for the short rant. I can say my rant in less than 300 words and I wish he could too, but no... That call just went on and on.. from bullying to asinine to bull moose nuts. Kinda makes you wonder what kind of idiot free country would elect someone like that. Stop the presses, Dr. Flynn, I think we are actually LESS intelligent than generations past.

hmb
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by hmb » Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:54 am

moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:26 pm
Is anybody feeling anxious about Trump's proposed insurgency day on January 6th?
I'm actually more curious about January 6. I'm more anxious about January 7-20. A lot could happen in those dwindling days of Trumps "reign." When he was first elected, I told all my Hilary supporting family/friends to give Trump a chance. Maybe he could shake things up for the good. Wow. He definitely shook things up. Several months in, I couldn't support him any longer. The more weird he got, the bigger the division of the people. If anything good has come of this, it's an awareness of government and constitution. So today is big, tomorrow is big, up to the 20th at 12:00 p.m. is big, afterward could continue to be nutty for awhile. Hopefully we'll get back to boring over the next 4 years. Graceful transfer of power is more like a disgraceful transfer of power.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Jan 05, 2021 8:02 pm

hmb wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 5:54 am
moksha wrote:
Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:26 pm
Is anybody feeling anxious about Trump's proposed insurgency day on January 6th?
I'm actually more curious about January 6. I'm more anxious about January 7-20. A lot could happen in those dwindling days of Trumps "reign." When he was first elected, I told all my Hilary supporting family/friends to give Trump a chance. Maybe he could shake things up for the good. Wow. He definitely shook things up. Several months in, I couldn't support him any longer. The more weird he got, the bigger the division of the people. If anything good has come of this, it's an awareness of government and constitution. So today is big, tomorrow is big, up to the 20th at 12:00 p.m. is big, afterward could continue to be nutty for awhile. Hopefully we'll get back to boring over the next 4 years. Graceful transfer of power is more like a disgraceful transfer of power.
Trump never got that weird. However, if you watch the mainstream media there was no way on God's green earth that you could ever have any respect for him. I remember the feelings of betrayal as I would watch something like C-SPAN for the day and then jump in the car and go to the store. I usually enjoyed a few minutes of NPR. I was so disgusted by the lies and the twists of the truth that they would do. When I say that NPR lied about Trump not just laying out accusations. I watched it happen. I would watch the events unfold in the courtrooms or in the chambers of law and then NPR would lie about it. They would either intentionally misrepresent someone's words or just paint them as hateful and nasty when that wasn't what they said at all.

There have been moments when I cringed at Trump's tweets. There have been moments where I shook my head because I knew he had done something that the media would have a heyday with.

I never doubted his loyalty to our country. I never doubted his desire to get along with anyone who would help him. I never believed that his ego actually got in the way of his work.

There were moments where you could tell Trump was getting anxious And it was ramping up his energy. But overall I trust him more than any other person in our government. I had the utmost respect for General Mattis. I got really admired that guy. When he joined Trump's team I nearly cheered. When Trump fired him I was completely confused.

So I researched it as well as I could. And I began to realize that Trump was right. Mattis had a great reputation but he had held us at wars for 20 years or more. Trump said kill the Iranian terrorist general. It'll save thousands of lives and billions of dollars. He's in our territory and attacking our embassy. We have legal justification. But Mattis said that's not how we did things. Trump is a stable genius.

User avatar
moksha
Posts: 3568
Joined: Tue Oct 18, 2016 4:22 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by moksha » Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:14 pm

SaidNobody, I get the feeling you would deny that the earth revolves around the sun if it could help Trump in some way.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by SaidNobody » Tue Jan 05, 2021 10:16 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Jan 05, 2021 9:14 pm
SaidNobody, I get the feeling you would deny that the earth revolves around the sun if it could help Trump in some way.
Your perceptions are super skewed.

I try to explain in as clear as terms as I can that I don't make excuses for Trump. He works for me and so of course I support him. I support him even if he is looking bad. What I do is ask very simple questions however. Show me the crime. Show me the lie.

If I were a rich man and could afford a personal amen servant then I would be responsible for the things he did in my name.I am happy to discuss any complaints you have with my employee. I will try to explain how it was within my rights and within his rights to act. I am not a follower. I am not making an excuses for him. If you have a complaint I am willing to hear it. But no one has brought me one legitimate complaint.

hmb
Posts: 231
Joined: Tue Jan 03, 2017 6:43 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by hmb » Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 am

I owe some gratitude to Trump and the spineless GOP members that back Trump's dangerous shenanigans. I don't think the senate would have a chance to flip without the insanity called Trump and Trumpism. It's good to see Mitch sweat, about to become the minority leader (fingers crossed). I should be ashamed of myself for the happy, warm fuzzy glee I'm feeling, but I'm not.

I guess it isn't time for the second coming, now that we can get some decency restored within our government. I remember one of the signs of the times was something about our government hanging by a thread. So thank you Trump for spouting off only the way that Trump could.

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:05 pm

hmb wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 10:01 am
I owe some gratitude to Trump and the spineless GOP members that back Trump's dangerous shenanigans. I don't think the senate would have a chance to flip without the insanity called Trump and Trumpism. It's good to see Mitch sweat, about to become the minority leader (fingers crossed). I should be ashamed of myself for the happy, warm fuzzy glee I'm feeling, but I'm not.

I guess it isn't time for the second coming, now that we can get some decency restored within our government. I remember one of the signs of the times was something about our government hanging by a thread. So thank you Trump for spouting off only the way that Trump could.
I've got enough decency to be ashamed for you. I got your back this time.

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 5095
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by Hagoth » Wed Jan 06, 2021 12:57 pm

Well, it just turned into terrorism and treason.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 5095
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by Hagoth » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm

Good thing they're all white people. Black people who vandalize shopfront are rioters and looters who are met with teargas and rubber bullets. White people who vandalize the capitol are merely protestors. If the captitol had been stormed by a mob of black people they would be stacking up corpses by now.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
wtfluff
Posts: 2881
Joined: Mon Oct 17, 2016 3:20 pm
Location: Worshiping Gravity / Pulling Taffy

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:49 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Good thing they're all white people. Black people who vandalize shopfront are rioters and looters who are met with teargas and rubber bullets. White people who vandalize the capitol are merely protestors. If the captitol had been stormed by a mob of black people they would be stacking up corpses by now.
There were tweets from reporters on the inside of shots fired within the capitol building, so at this point, there may well be corpses. I have not seen any confirmation, hopefully the "live fire" was teargas or something else not deadly.

This is what MAGA looks like eh? Boy Howdy.

At least the Cheeto-In-Chief is tweeting to his supporters to remain peaceful. (Too little, too late.)



EDIT: Never-mind about my hopes of the "shots fired" not being lethal force. Multiple reports of at least one wounded person being transported away...
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

Keep the company of those who seek the truth - run from those who have found it -Václav Havel

The Beauty of Gray

User avatar
Hagoth
Posts: 5095
Joined: Fri Oct 14, 2016 1:13 pm

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by Hagoth » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:01 pm

Apparently a woman was shot out on the grounds, but details are still vague. There was a heart attack and a couple of people who hurt themselves due to attempting feats beyond their athletic ability.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

User avatar
SaidNobody
Posts: 439
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 10:03 am

Re: Graceful Transfer of Power

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Jan 06, 2021 3:21 pm

Hagoth wrote:
Wed Jan 06, 2021 1:31 pm
Good thing they're all white people. Black people who vandalize shopfront are rioters and looters who are met with teargas and rubber bullets. White people who vandalize the capitol are merely protestors. If the captitol had been stormed by a mob of black people they would be stacking up corpses by now.
Almost all of antifa is a white. But sounds like a pretty racist comment.

Post Reply

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests