COVID Thoughts

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Linked

COVID Thoughts

Post by Linked » Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:46 am

I'm pretty young and have no obvious risk factors that put me at elevated risk of complications from COVID. My kids are very young and apparently have almost no risk at all. I could lose my parents, and that would be tragic, but they are at an age where my siblings and I are waiting for a call with bad news anyday.

COVID poses little threat to my health or the health of my immediate family. For me, the threat of COVID is to my soul. Do I stop crying for those that are lost? Do I stop fighting to save those that are at risk?

Stay safe.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

wtfluff

Re: COVID Thoughts

Post by wtfluff » Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 pm

Linked wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 6:46 am
COVID poses little threat to my health or the health of my immediate family. For me, the threat of COVID is to my soul. Do I stop crying for those that are lost? Do I stop fighting to save those that are at risk?
The fighting seems a bit pointless given the current pandemic environment, doesn't it?

In other words: I feel the same thing.

I think we should keep fighting though. It really sucks that there are only a couple ways that most of us can "fight" this invisible enemy: Sit on our couch, & wear a piece of cloth over our mouth and nose when we leave the couch/house.

So, yeah: Keep fighting Linked. I'll do the same. I hope that by doing what could protect my aging parent's life, I'll also be protecting your parents' lives as well.
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Linked

Re: COVID Thoughts

Post by Linked » Mon Nov 16, 2020 5:05 pm

wtfluff wrote:
Fri Nov 13, 2020 2:43 pm
So, yeah: Keep fighting Linked. I'll do the same. I hope that by doing what could protect my aging parent's life, I'll also be protecting your parents' lives as well.
Thanks Fluff, hopefully this will all be in the rear view mirror soon.
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut