God! I love this coffee shop.

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
SaidNobody

God! I love this coffee shop.

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Jan 13, 2021 11:19 am

I Love this coffee shop. This place is awesome.

So? Anybody here about how they are now pushing to make DC a state? Any thoughts on that?

What are your thoughts on the idea of such maneuvers to hold on to a party majority?

wtfluff

Re: God! I love this coffee shop.

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jan 13, 2021 12:19 pm

woohoo-coffee.jpg
woohoo-coffee.jpg (31.66 KiB) Viewed 2952 times
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:27 pm

Washington D.C. is not a state because the founders did not want the national capital beholden to any one state. I'm inclined to still agree with them, but I don't think my opinion is going to matter in the upcoming congress. I'm still scratching my head about how VP-elect Kamala Harris was sworn in as a Senator last week when I would have thought that appointing a replacement senator would have been a priority after the November elections.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Wed Jan 13, 2021 4:32 pm

Corsair wrote:
Wed Jan 13, 2021 2:27 pm
Washington D.C. is not a state because the founders did not want the national capital beholden to any one state. I'm inclined to still agree with them, but I don't think my opinion is going to matter in the upcoming congress. I'm still scratching my head about how VP-elect Kamala Harris was sworn in as a Senator last week when I would have thought that appointing a replacement senator would have been a priority after the November elections.
I'm not saying that it is going to happen. I just got an email asking me my opinion from the DNC If I thought it was a good idea. I agree with you. They went through a lot of trouble to make it separate from any state. States have powers that I don't think to seat the power should.

The genius of the American government, in my humble opinion is separating the powers so that no one can get too much. But some of those divisions are beginning to crumble.

I think perhaps you know as well as I do or, know the possibility, of why the VP elect was sworn in as a senator. They're moving ahead as if they know what they're doing but they also aren't taking any chances. There's too much up in the air.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:00 am

I'm only here until I get ten punches on my card and a free refill.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 am

Hagoth wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 8:00 am
I'm only here until I get ten punches on my card and a free refill.
I am buying all day. why would you leave when you get your free refill? That's the time you get hooked.

Corsair

Post by Corsair » Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 pm

SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 am
I am buying all day. why would you leave when you get your free refill? That's the time you get hooked.
Will you be serving coffee on some randomly chose day like Wednesday, January 20? There may be some events going on that day.

SaidNobody

Post by SaidNobody » Fri Jan 15, 2021 11:23 am

Corsair wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 5:35 pm
SaidNobody wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:31 am
Will you be serving coffee on some randomly chose day like Wednesday, January 20? There may be some events going on that day.
If we haven't been shut down. Most revolutions do start in the coffee house. some countries actually used to outlaw coffee houses because people would talk come up with ideas. Probably safe from doing that here though. No ideas for us.