The New Deseret Magazine- 3 Stars

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
deacon blues

The New Deseret Magazine- 3 Stars

Post by deacon blues » Fri Jan 15, 2021 12:47 pm

We just got the new "Deseret Magazine" yesterday in the mail. Don't confuse this with the "Liahona" which replaces "The Ensign." This is a spin-off of the "Deseret News" newspaper, and it appears once every two months. It had a good set of articles about the current political turmoil. People such as Jeff Flake (former U.S. Senator from Arizona), Marion Edmonds Allen (LGBT activist), Gabby Giffords (former U.S. Representative from Arizona, and shooting survivor), along with Mitt Romney and Mike Lee, who probably need no introduction, share their thoughts on the political divide and how to find solutions. It also had articles about T.V. show "The Bachelor," :o Abby Huntsman (Jon Huntsman's daughter), and K.C. Chiefs coach Mike Reid. I liked some of the articles. If I was rating it I'd give it 3 stars out of 5, at least for the first issue.
God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.

deacon blues

Re: The New Deseret Magazine- 3 Stars

Post by deacon blues » Sun Jan 31, 2021 9:36 am

God is Love. God is Truth. The greatest problem with organized religion is that the organization becomes god, rather than a means of serving God.