What are you watching right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
A New Name

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by A New Name » Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 pm

Squid Games!

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Oct 06, 2021 7:43 pm

A New Name wrote:
Tue Oct 05, 2021 4:13 pm
Squid Games!
Man the first 30 minutes of episode 1 were so cheesy and bad English dubbed over Korean. But powered through and now hooked. Red light green light was a fun kids game. Not so sure now.

It reminded me of the few times I went on splits with the Vietnamese speaking elders and they would get invited to eat lunch and watch movies.

Learned to love the food.
Those who do not move do not notice their chains. —Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:56 pm

Watched episode 1 of the Squid Games. My daughter insisted we watch in Korean to avoid cartoonish dubbing. Thank goodness I can still easily read the subtitles.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:39 pm

moksha wrote:
Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:56 pm
Watched episode 1 of the Squid Games. My daughter insisted we watch in Korean to avoid cartoonish dubbing. Thank goodness I can still easily read the subtitles.
Not sure if the other 8 episodes become less cartoonish or you just get used to it. We watched the whole show now and weren’t distracted by it. The English subtitles didn’t exactly match with the English dub over so we turned them off.

Great show although a bit odd at the end.
Those who do not move do not notice their chains. —Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Oct 15, 2021 1:31 am

It is hard for really good and innovative programs to be appreciated, otherwise, the show Penny Dreadful: City of Angels would have been a bigger hit. Historical fantasy programs need to be made by the BBC. BTW, waiting for season 3 of His Dark Materials. It will be broadcast on HBO.

We finished episode 3 of the Squid Games.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:42 am

I've been watching Midsomer Murders from the beginning, starting in March of 1997. I am now up to season 9. All episodes can be found on YouTube free of charge.

If you are an older person, forget The Bachelorette and tune in to Midsomer Murders!
-- Moksha

stealthbishop

Post by stealthbishop » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:19 pm

DW and I just started The Leftovers on HBO MAX.
"Take second best
Put me to the test
Things on your chest
You need to confess"

-Depeche Mode