What are you watching right now?

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Red Ryder

Re: What are you watching right now?

Post by Red Ryder » Fri Feb 04, 2022 11:54 am

Pam and Tommy on Hulu. :shock:

Yup, it’s full of Satan’s most effective tools to drive away the Holy Ghost.

Primarily, fake boobs and a hilarious prosthetic rock star penis.

It even talks to Tommy.
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

moksha

Post by moksha » Sun Feb 06, 2022 2:18 am

Watched a fun movie on Netflix: Eurovision Song Contest: The Story of Fire Saga.

It is a romantic comedy starring Will Ferrell and Rachel McAdams.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

A New Name

Post by A New Name » Mon Feb 07, 2022 3:12 pm

"Big Little Lies" on HBO. Well written with great dialogue. Well acted.

cwald

Post by cwald » Sun Apr 10, 2022 12:59 pm

1smartdodog wrote:
Fri Jan 28, 2022 7:13 am
I have a hard time watching current TV. Most of the shows are episodic. I much prefer the older format of stand alone episodes. Maybe an overall general trajectory but independent episodes,...

Yeah. I've been binge watching the original Hawaii 5-0 series. Great stuff. Fun to watch. Jack Lord is a man's man. Back when men were men and women were women. America!

I love the way the director focuses in on all the old 70's cars, especially the huge Cadillacs. The director also loves to zoom in on phones. Must have been pretty cool technology for the time. Yeah, phones...landlines, all different colors: tan, white, black, lime green, red, a darker shade of tan etc.
"Jesus gave us the gospel, but Satan invented church. It takes serious evil to formalize faith into something tedious and then pile guilt on anyone who doesn’t participate enthusiastically." - Robert Kirby

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sun Apr 10, 2022 6:26 pm

Twiddling my thumbs while waiting for Under the Banner of Heaven and the next season of The Boys.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Sun Apr 10, 2022 8:10 pm

Severance on Apple TV.

Employees “choose” to undergo a severance procedure when once completed can only think of work and no outside memories until they leave work. A lot of parallels to a faith awakening!

hmb

Post by hmb » Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:41 am

Yesterday, I finished Stranger Things. It was pretty entertaining. I hope they don't have more than a season 5. I would rather have it end wanting more than being disappointed in a program that runs too long.

I recently watched The Mist. What a waste time that I'll never get back.

Netflix is not great. I have the $10/month Netflix and Amazon Prime. I won't pay for other streaming. There are just too many. I actually miss the days of Blockbuster. Going to the video store to rent a couple of movies. I'm starting to detest the digital everything age. I went to Taco Bell (first time since Covid) and they said I had to order at the kiosk. A line at the kiosk?? I left and went through drive thru. I realized at that point that I am the old geezer that doesn't like the new fangled technology. Young people would laugh at my ineptness. I've gone full cycle. Hahaha. I should get more cats.

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue May 23, 2023 7:10 pm

Just finished watching episode 5 of Wednesday. It is a Netflix show based on the Addams Family. It is a delightfully acted and brilliantly written TV program.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Ghost

Post by Ghost » Tue May 23, 2023 7:26 pm

I've been watching Star Trek lately, sampling several different series from its history. Previously, I've only ever seen random isolated episodes (or parts thereof).

Also, some of the old black and white Twilight Zone episodes. I figured I'd seen them all but there are quite a few of them and I probably haven't even seen half.

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Wed May 31, 2023 10:11 am

Silo

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed May 31, 2023 10:31 am

moksha wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 7:10 pm
Just finished watching episode 5 of Wednesday. It is a Netflix show based on the Addams Family. It is a delightfully acted and brilliantly written TV program.
I finished watching the Wednesday series. It was a wonderful melding of fantasy, horror, and comedy.

I had to look it up: There will be a second season.
-- Moksha

moksha

Post by moksha » Tue Jun 13, 2023 6:34 pm

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds Season 1 is available on YouTube. Captain Pike and young Spock are especially good.
-- Moksha

hmb

Post by hmb » Mon Jul 31, 2023 4:55 am

Pieces of Her, on Netflix. It's pretty good.

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Aug 02, 2023 11:19 am

Twisted Metal.

I was a the art director and one of the game designers for 5 of the Sony Twisted Metal titles. There have been threats of a movie or TV series for about 20 years, and it finally happened on Peacock. I think it was a good idea to make it a comedy. Season 1 is about character introduction, so the actual vehicle combat competition that we know and love from the games doesn't develop until Season 2, as I understand it. I'm glad they kept the Sweet Tooth character from Twisted Metal Black, and I think Will Arnet was a good choice for the voice.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."