Traeger

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
2bizE

Traeger

Post by 2bizE » Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:20 pm

Does anyone else have a Traeger or pellet smoker?
What are your favorite recipes?
I’ve smoked brisket (turned out excellent), ribs (a bit dry), and Spatchcock chicken (most tender chicken I’ve ever made).
~2bizE

Red Ryder

Re: Traeger

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jun 03, 2021 4:50 pm

2bizE wrote:
Wed Jun 02, 2021 9:20 pm
Does anyone else have a Traeger or pellet smoker?
What are your favorite recipes?
I’ve smoked brisket (turned out excellent), ribs (a bit dry), and Spatchcock chicken (most tender chicken I’ve ever made).
I have a green mountain.

I’ve done a few briskets but man do they take time. We’ve done baby back ribs so many times I’m tired of eating them.

I’ve done a few turkeys and a few beer can chickens. The birds always seem to be dry.

Watch Malcolm’s Reed’s How to BBQ Right YouTube channel.

https://m.youtube.com/channel/UC--MxpGXJ3LVD8KvlNzRlcA
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

alas

Post by alas » Wed Jun 30, 2021 8:41 pm

We have a smoker. Over the weekend we had family come up to Bear lake and we smoked pork and then did pulled pork. Almost 20 hours in the smoker, with hickory chips. I don’t very often like pork, but slow cook it like that and douse it heavily in Famous Dave’s Devil’s spit (the hot stuff) and yum.

The other thing I like is smoked chicken breast, smoked with cherry wood.

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Jul 01, 2021 8:12 pm

Pork butt in a pot with a quart of apple cider and covered with foil. Alder smoked salmon (thought of that because my daughter made us baked salmon for dinner).
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha