My inactivity explained.

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
MoPag

My inactivity explained.

Post by MoPag » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am

So....I've been a little less than active the past year or so. It's not that I don't love you guys. You are my NOM ward family and always will be.

For the past two years I've been in nursing school. It was insanely hard and time consuming, particularly since I had to learn how to be a nurse in the middle of a global pandemic. And now I am officially MoPag RN. And I can put my community college's name on my resume instead of the name of a racist polygamist. Yay!!!!!!

So that's why I was gone. Now I'm back and ready to party with my favorite people in my favorite forum!

NOM4eva!!!!
...walked eye-deep in hell
believing in old men’s lies...--Ezra Pound

AllieOop

Re: My inactivity explained.

Post by AllieOop » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:35 am

MoPag wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:41 am
So....I've been a little less than active the past year or so. It's not that I don't love you guys. You are my NOM ward family and always will be.

For the past two years I've been in nursing school. It was insanely hard and time consuming, particularly since I had to learn how to be a nurse in the middle of a global pandemic. And now I am officially MoPag RN. And I can put my community college's name on my resume instead of the name of a racist polygamist. Yay!!!!!!

So that's why I was gone. Now I'm back and ready to party with my favorite people in my favorite forum!

NOM4eva!!!!
Wow. Good for you & congratulations!!! That is such an accomplishment!

And, welcome back. You were missed :)
"There came a time when the desire to know the truth about the church became stronger than the desire to know the church was true."

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Wed Jun 30, 2021 11:04 am

AllieOop wrote:
Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:35 am
MoPag wrote:

NOM4eva!!!!
Wow. Good for you & congratulations!!! That is such an accomplishment!

And, welcome back. You were missed :)
Thanks! I missed you too!!

wtfluff

Post by wtfluff » Wed Jun 30, 2021 12:47 pm

MoPag wrote:

NOM4eva!!!!
Congrats!
Faith does not give you the answers, it just stops you asking the questions. -Frater Ravus

IDKSAF -RubinHighlander

You can surrender without a prayer...

Linked

Post by Linked » Wed Jun 30, 2021 3:55 pm

Congrats Mopag! Nice work!
"I would write about life. Every person would be exactly as important as any other. All facts would also be given equal weightiness. Nothing would be left out. Let others bring order to chaos. I would bring chaos to order" - Kurt Vonnegut

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Jun 30, 2021 5:22 pm

Fantastic! We're so proud of you MoPag!
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Post by moksha » Wed Jun 30, 2021 7:29 pm

Congratulations on passing the RN exam. Now MoPag will be able to assess our cognition and blood gases from the comfort of NOM.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Red Ryder

Post by Red Ryder » Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:56 pm

Congrats MoPag!!!!

Here I thought you graduated from Mormonism?

Even better you're now our personal NOM RN! I’ve had a headache the last few days. Probably because of the heatwave. I’ve been drinking plenty of water and have removed the extra non essential layer of religious underwear. Ibuprofen seems to help. Do you think I should go to my primary care doctor or my dermatologist?
“It always devolves to Pantaloons. Always.” ~ Fluffy

“I switched baristas” ~ Lady Gaga

“Those who do not move do not notice their chains.” ~Rosa Luxemburg

MoPag

Post by MoPag » Thu Jul 01, 2021 7:18 pm

Thanks guys!!

I happily accept my calling as NOM RN. :D
Red Ryder wrote:
Thu Jul 01, 2021 12:56 pm
Even better you're now our personal NOM RN! I’ve had a headache the last few days. Probably because of the heatwave. I’ve been drinking plenty of water and have removed the extra non essential layer of religious underwear. Ibuprofen seems to help. Do you think I should go to my primary care doctor or my dermatologist?
Headaches can be lots of different things. You are on the right track with extra water and removing non essential religious underclothing. :)

StarbucksMom

Post by StarbucksMom » Thu Jul 08, 2021 7:45 am

MOPAG, WOW!!! You are truly amazing. I am so, so, so excited for you and all the doors this will open up for you along with financial and job security, etc etc.

Way to go girl!!!

glass shelf

Post by glass shelf » Mon Jul 12, 2021 5:30 am

That's amazing! Congrats. :D

jfro18

Post by jfro18 » Mon Jul 12, 2021 9:23 am

Wow - that's amazing! Congrats on a great accomplishment and such a vital career. Having been through WAY too many hospitals the last 4-5 years for my mom, I can't tell you what a difference nurses can make for a patient's sanity and well being. :D

2bizE

Post by 2bizE » Tue Jul 13, 2021 10:24 am

This is wonderful Mopag. Healthcare is mine line of work as well.
~2bizE

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 pm

Congrats, Mopag! Now maybe you can back up your Mopagstolic blessings with some actual skills, when called for.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

moksha

Post by moksha » Fri Jul 16, 2021 2:05 am

DPRoberts wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 5:11 pm
Now maybe you can back up your Mopagstolic blessings with some actual skills, when called for.
Perhaps laying on of hands with prescription-strength unguents and a cup of French roast coffee.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha