The Best Kept Secret in History

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

The Best Kept Secret in History

Post by Hagoth » Wed Sep 22, 2021 7:01 am

The Immortality Key.
https://youtu.be/iC6DDvzM6Nc
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

moksha

Re: The Best Kept Secret in History

Post by moksha » Mon Oct 04, 2021 10:35 pm

That video is certainly worth watching.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Tue Oct 05, 2021 9:45 am

I have spent a lot of time studying ancient history, anthropology and ancient religion, and the more I learn the more certain I am that this is the source of all religion. Strip away priesthood, authority, hierarchy, and patriarchy and you get down to the ground level of the one true religion, which is personal mystical experience - the religion with no name.

Fortunately nature has given us tools to open that door. It is the only real, honest-to-god magic I have found in this world. Guys in suits and lavish robes making promises about the next life have nothing to offer to those who will step away from the pew and walk through the door.

My conference Saturday was spent on the shore of the Great Salt Lake taking the ancient sacrament with a community of like-minded travelers. I am still overflowing with the feeling that I used to call the Holy Ghost (what a silly name - Casper's pious brother?).

The cosmos is raining diamonds, all we have to do is hold out a bowl.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

DPRoberts

Post by DPRoberts » Wed Oct 13, 2021 5:32 pm

I have been meaning to join the Divine Assembly for the chance to try their sacrament substance legally. I wish I had checked out their website a couple weeks earlier. Would have made my conference weekend more enlightening and family circumstances were good that weekend.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

moksha

Post by moksha » Thu Oct 14, 2021 3:49 pm

Could any of you help unravel this Draper, Utah secret?

https://www.reddit.com/r/SaltLakeCity/c ... structure/

The comments on that page might help.
Good faith does not require evidence, but it also does not turn a blind eye to that evidence. Otherwise, it becomes misplaced faith.
-- Moksha