Please join me for Skeptoid live presentation

Chat about a topic supported by books, TED Talks, podcasts, personal experience, philosophies of mankind mingled with humor (shout out to IOT), and maybe we’ll even do a google hangout or conference call once a month.
Hagoth

Please join me for Skeptoid live presentation

Post by Hagoth » Sat Oct 09, 2021 6:46 am

I don't know if there are any other Skeptiod listeners out there, but if so, I hope you'll join me at this event. Brian Dunning is making a whistle-stop tour to share his new documentary about the misrepresentation of science/scientists in popular media. This was scheduled for the SL public library but it got bumped due to Covid weirdness, so I took it upon myself to find him a new venue.

I hope some of you Wasatch Front NOMs will join me there and maybe even help me spread the word. This is SUCH an important topic in the current misinformation climate!

Brian Dunning Flyer_Small.jpg
Brian Dunning Flyer_Small.jpg (84.46 KiB) Viewed 3335 times
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Jesus: "The Kingdom of God is within you." The Buddha: "Be your own light."

DPRoberts

Re: Please join me for Skeptoid live presentation

Post by DPRoberts » Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:56 am

Sounds interesting, Hagoth. I should be free that evening, so I am going the links you left on the Support board and I may see you up there on the 23rd.
When an honest man discovers he is mistaken, he will either cease to be mistaken or cease to be honest. -anon
The belief that there is only one truth, and that oneself is in possession of it, is the root of all evil in the world. -Max Born

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Oct 13, 2021 11:43 am

DPRoberts wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:56 am
Sounds interesting, Hagoth. I should be free that evening, so I am going the links you left on the Support board and I may see you up there on the 23rd.
Excellent! I'll keep an eye out.
“The easy confidence with which I know another man's religion is folly teaches me to suspect that my own is also.” -Mark Twain

Just This Guy

Post by Just This Guy » Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:11 pm

Any possibility this will be streamed online? Unfortunately, the commuter costs would are a no-go for me.
"The story so far: In the beginning the Universe was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and been widely regarded as a bad move." -- Douglas Adams

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Wed Oct 13, 2021 4:59 pm

Just This Guy wrote:
Wed Oct 13, 2021 12:11 pm
Any possibility this will be streamed online? Unfortunately, the commuter costs would are a no-go for me.
It won't be live streamed but the movie will be released after his tour. Maybe he'll make one of the whistle-stop sessions available at some point. I'll try to remember to ask him for you. Where are you located?

Hagoth

Post by Hagoth » Sat Oct 23, 2021 2:52 pm

Bumped. Tonight at 7:00